Out-of-town Scoreboard 2018-19 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Islanders are really high on PDO right now, but they've built up enough of a cushion that they'll at least stay in it for most of the year now at the very least.

I don't think they were as high on the PDO as the Canucks were though, who already seem to be coming back down.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
“Both Corey Crawford and Cam Ward have been really good for the Hawks this year” - Eddie Olczyk

WAT? Has he been on NBC most of the times Ward has played?

Crawford has been really good, Ward has been as bad as ever.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Not really. Lifetime 40% is near'ish NHL average (or at least it used to be, not sure what it is these days).
It's actually 33%, if I recall correctly, or around that.

The funny thing about Kovalchuk in the shootout was that before 2011-2012, he had a career shooting percentage of like 25% or something like that in the shootout, which is well below average. Then he went something like 11 for 13 or 14 in 11-12 and that really boosted his career total the other way. I remember him crediting Marty for talking to him about how to beat goalies in the shootout that year.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
No Mike Smith or Scott Darling tonight, Jake Allen only allowed like 1 goal. I wonder who's gonna get the softy of the night tonight? Now if I don't see anything too bad, I usually don't pick a softy of the night, but it's almost guaranteed when someone Darling, Smith or Allen (Smith has actually been worse) are in action.

Reactions: theoptimist

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yikes! Triple post!

How about that DSP goal though? Why isn't he playing here anymore? We should have kept him!:sarcasm:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Softy of the night goes to Garret Sparks. This is what kept him from getting a 39 save shutout tonight.

Welcome back to 1981 with that goal.

Last edited:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
There must be a glitch in the board, because my goals against review triple posted, despite only hitting post once and now it’s disappeared completely. My internet at home has also been in the twilight zone lately, so I don’t even know anymore.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't know if my goals against review is gonna magically show up again, so I apologize if it does, but I'll just it again in case and it can be deleted if it does come back. Good thing I remembered everything and there were only 6 games tonight and not a lot of goals in those 6 games.

Bruins vs Stars: 1 goal against Rask, no chance. Bishop with the shutout.

Sabres vs Jets: 1 goal against Hutton, no chance. 1 goal against Brossoit, no chance.

Kings vs Blackhawks: 1 goal against Petersen, no chance. 1 goal against Crawford, no chance.

Capitals vs Avalanche: 2 goals against Copley, no chance on either. 3 goals against Grubauer, 1 stoppable.

Blues vs Golden Knights: 1 goal against Allen and it's stoppable. 4 goals against Fleury, 2 stoppable.

Maple Leafs vs Ducks: 1 goal against Sparks and boy is it a bad one. 2 goals against Gibson, no chance on either.

So that's 18 goals scored on goalies tonight, 5 are stoppable, that's just about 28% and combined save percentages were actually .950% tonight. Allen and Sparks are skewing this tonight, Each allowed 1 goal tonight and each of their goals allowed were stoppable. And the one Sparks allowed was pathetically bad, despite it being his only goal against on 39 shots tonight.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

I'll take your word for it as my number is stale. I know ~40% was what the all-time NHL penalty shot average was prior to the inception of the gimmick. It does make sense the figure would have dropped a bit south of that given goalie equipment. There used to be a fantastic website that tracked every NHL player's gimmick record, but I think it went the way of the dodo bird.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
How's that compare to the % of saveable goals? Seems about the same.

-edit-
Scratch that thought. Two totally unrelated numbers. I haven't had my coffee yet.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That goal on Luongo by Chytil is already a strong candidate for the softy of the night.

Reactions: vtdevils2k

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Holy shit Don Cherry really is in Archie Bunker territory. Butchers every name that’s the least little challenging in pronunciation.

“Jacob Marcuson”, “Goldameen”. One other that I can’t even remember.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I wonder if Sullivan is on the hot seat?

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
:sabres
Now do you believe???? These guys are good, SCARY good!!!!!!! The team was clearly inspired by me making a 9 hour bus ride to Buffalo to see them on Tuesday!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad