Out-of-town Scoreboard 2018-19 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
You should be relegated to the AHL for losing to this Red Wings team.
I'm about to do my goals against review, but I was at a bar earlier and they had the NHLN playing on one of the TV sets. Showing highlights of tonight's games. I caught the highlights from the Panthers/Red Wings game and the goaltending in that game was sooooo pathetic. The game tying goal on whoever was in net for Detroit was a joke. Then the OT winner on whoever was in net for the Panthers was a joke. Maybe there was a deflection that I missed or something, but some of these were hilariously bad.

Cam Talbot or whoever was in goal for the Oilers tonight looked like a softy machine as well, but I'll save that for the next post, where I can analyze and break down these goals and have them on my own personal screen and not 10-15 feet away.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goals against review for the night, starting with our game.

Devils vs Flyers: Kinkaid allows 3 goals, 1 stoppable one. Elliott allows 2 goals and no real chance on either. Kinkaid had no chance on goals 2 and 3, but you need a save on the first goal. Elliott didn't have much of a chance on goal 1 and was probably screened by Palmieri on goal 2.

Avalanche vs Hurricanes: McElhinney allows 3 goals and 2 VERY stoppable goals. Grubauer allows 1 goal and had no chance on it. They had the Rawly Special today. 45 shots and 1 goal scored.

Sabres vs Kings: This was another game I noticed some suspect goaltending in the highlights I saw at the bar. Quick allowed 7 goals to the Islanders the other night and literally had a chance on I think it was 0 of them that night? Well tonight he allows 4 goals and 3 of them are BAD goals. There was a wraparound, there were another short side goal that looked almost exactly like the John Moore OT winner on him from a few years back. I think that guy must have saw that highlight and tried that on him. And another from the boards and just went in. It almost looked like it had to be deflected, but I don't think it was. This was almost all Quick today, he was horrendous. Ullmark allows 1 goal and had no chance on it.

Coyotes vs Jets: Raanta gives up 4 goals and has no chance on any of them. Brossoit allows 3 goals and had no chance on any of them.

Blues vs Maple Leafs: Andersen allows 3 goals and had no chance on any of them. Was gonna nail him on goal 2, but it was just unloaded too fast from the time he got it to the time he shot it for me to say that was one he could have stopped. He didn't have time to react to it. Allen allows 1 goal and it looks like it's a softy to screw him out of the shutout.

Canadiens vs Senators: Anderson allows 3 goals and no chance on any of them. Price allows 4 goals and 1 VERY bad one.

Red Wings vs Panthers: Howard allows 3 goals and EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. OF. THEM. IS. A. STOPPABLE. GOAL. And the game tying goal that gave Florida a point was probably the softy of the night and maybe the worst one we'll see for at least another week. Hutchinson allows 4 goals and 2 are stoppable.

Blackhawks vs Blue Jackets: Crawford allows 1 goal and I thought it was kind of stoppable. Bobrovsky allows 3 goals and 1 was stoppable.

Lightning vs Wild: Saw highlights from this in the bar too and picked up some suspect goaltending. Vasilevskiy allows 5 goals and 4 are stoppable. Horrendous night for him. Stalock allows 4 goals and no chance on any of them.

Ducks vs Golden Knights: Gibson allows 2 goals and no chance on either. Fleury allows 1 goal and no chance on it.

Predators vs Oilers: Talbot allows 2 goals, both goals are very stoppable. Saros gets the shutout.

Bruins vs Canucks: Marekstrom allows 1 goal and it's a stoppable one. Halak allows 2 goals and 1 is stoppable.

Islanders vs Sharks: Jones allows 1 goal and has no chance on it. Lehner allows 4 goals and 1 stoppable one.

Reactions: DerekDevils30

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The too long/didn't read version.

TOO many bad goals allowed tonight. Over a third of the goals allowed. Quick, Howard, Vasilevskiy and Talbot were all particularly horrendous on the eye test tonight. Between the four of these goalies, they allowed 14 goals and 12 were stoppable. They accounted for over half of the stoppable goals allowed on Saturday. If we include McElhinney and Hutchinson it becomes 16 stoppable goals out of 21 allowed, that's almost 80% of the stoppable goals allowed on Saturday's NHL schedule and there were like 26 goalies that started tonight.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
You should be relegated to the AHL for losing to this Red Wings team.
If Detroit even has a mediocre goaltending performance tonight, the Panthers probably score 1 goal and lose in regulation. That's the sad part. 3 goals allowed by Howard, 3 very stoppable goals allowed by Howard.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Does Florida get rid of Tallon (and this time for good) if they miss the playoffs again? If not just by giving him the Bill Torrey ceremonial role?

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
FLA is two wins away from wiping out the bad start.

We get to see them this Saturday
You'd be pronouncing our doom for the season and going around telling everyone how right you were about our offseason and preseason if we got off to that kind of start. Here you are apologizing for Florida's terrible start though because it fits your narrative.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
FLA is two wins away from wiping out the bad start.

We get to see them this Saturday

it's crazy how you seem more optimistic about other teams than you do the Devils.

the Devils are two wins away from improving on their good start. We get to play Florida, who's won one of six games so far, on Saturday.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Stop with the digs at each other NOW...this thread is to talk about games. If you want to dig at each other do it in PM's. If you can't debate each other without resorting to digs on the board then don't post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad