GDT: Out of Town Playoff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Nashville or Washington. I also have no problem if Tampa, NYR or Islanders, St Louis or Chicago win it.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
i hope washington wins just so the people who call ovechkin an enigma and lazy can shut up

Bizarro Bandwagoner

Jan 30, 2010
Maine
Really wouldn't mind anyone other than Montreal, Vancouver, and Pittsburgh winning. Not too worried about the latter two but I could see Montreal pulling another '93 with Price and someone getting upset in the Western Finals to give them a clear path.

I'm definitely rooting for the Sens for as long as they go. I'd like to see Nashville make a run too but it's going to be tough getting out of that division.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I want the Senators to beat Montreal. After that I don't care what happens to them.

I'll loosely follow the Flames and Jets and hope they can win the West and the Cup. Pretty much the only western Canadian teams I have no animosity for.

If they can't pull it off then as long as a Western Conference team wins the cup and not an Eastern team I'm good.

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
NYI and WPG, for the sheer what the **** factor, and because Boychuk and Stuart are 2 of my faves

Pretty much this ^ rooting for Winnipeg over all for as long as they can hang in (also love M Stu), hoping to savor Sens running over the Habs, then will see if I can bear to cheer for anyone in the East.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
I cannot wait til lottery day to see the 'evironment' on the other teams' HF boards when we draw first or second and get one of Eichel or Macdaddy McDavid. Place. Will. Go. Bonkers.

:huh:

You can't draw first or second.

It's first or 14th (rather than 13th thanks to that brilliant genius who pulled the goalie, contributing to the Bruins getting one meaningless point rather than a meaningful none).

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Go Sens and go Flames.

Would love to see the Sens make it to the finals, even to win the cup.

That would be an epic story/run. Disney would likely buy the rights and make a movie and McDonald would have a new burger for Hammond.

But if they get back on earth, it will likely be NYR/Wsh in the East going to the SCF and Chi/Stl in the West.

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
Think you're gonna see an unexpected team in the conference finals this year in the West. Couldn't tell you who's winning the Calgary-Vancouver series, but Winnipeg is gonna upset Anaheim. In that top bracket though? Man that St. Louis - Minny series is gonna be awesome. Winner of that series makes the conference finals. West is a lot more interesting to me this year than the East. East is boring. Rangers gonna win the East.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Think you're gonna see an unexpected team in the conference finals this year in the West. Couldn't tell you who's winning the Calgary-Vancouver series, but Winnipeg is gonna upset Anaheim. In that top bracket though? Man that St. Louis - Minny series is gonna be awesome. Winner of that series makes the conference finals. West is a lot more interesting to me this year than the East. East is boring. Rangers gonna win the East.

No doubt they are the favorite. But their series against Wsh will not be an easy one and the winner likely goes to the SCF.

In the West, I also think Winnipeg can upset Anaheim. Will be a very tough fought battle for sure. It might be the year for St-Louis. Each year we say that tough... And they don't have an easy road having to go through Min then Chi/Nsh to just reach the WCF.

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
No doubt they are the favorite. But their series against Wsh will not be an easy one and the winner likely goes to the SCF.

In the West, I also think Winnipeg can upset Anaheim. Will be a very tough fought battle for sure. It might be the year for St-Louis. Each year we say that tough... And they don't have an easy road having to go through Min then Chi/Nsh to just reach the WCF.

St. Louis's kryptonite in the playoffs has been LA. Finally, they don't have to play them. They were the only team in the West that could match St. Louis's physicality. Blackhawks will give them a run, but I don't think it'll be enough (that's if Chicago gets by Nashville, which is no homerun).

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
St. Louis's kryptonite in the playoffs has been LA. Finally, they don't have to play them. They were the only team in the West that could match St. Louis's physicality. Blackhawks will give them a run, but I don't think it'll be enough (that's if Chicago gets by Nashville, which is no homerun).

That bracket (Stl-Nsh-Chi-Min) is insane. All 4 could go all the way. Two of them will lose in round 1...

bolt thrower

No war!
Aug 26, 2006
That would be an epic story/run. Disney would likely buy the rights and make a movie and McDonald would have a new burger for Hammond.

But if they get back on earth, it will likely be NYR/Wsh in the East going to the SCF and Chi/Stl in the West.

Haha true:)

NYR is way ahead of the other teams in the East but anything can happen. Still rooting for the Sens.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
20-1-2.

That's just not a serious record... :amazed:

Hopefully, they don't fall back on earth against the Habs and keep on rolling at least another two weeks.

Go Sens!

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
Won't be watching much this year, likely watch the Sens Habs series and that's about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad