GDT: Out of Town Playoff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marchy63

Sep 16, 2006
Oshawa
Not surprising in the least.

I don't know much about Horachek, but would he be a good fit here if Julien were to go?

NO!

If the Bruins were to fire Julien, I could see them looking at a guy like Peter DeBoer or Randy Carlyle or waiting to see if Babcock, Sutter or McLellan are available first. It also depends on if Chiarelli is getting fired as well. If Chia's staying he will go with a more experienced coach to try and save his job. But if they fire both Julien and Chiarelli, and promote from within, you could see them hire a younger less experienced guy to take over. But I think right now there is too many good coaches that are either without work or will be soon for the Bruins to hire a guy like Horachek

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
That's.....why I was asking.
Julien, at least, guided the team to a Stanley Cup and coached them into multiple post seasons.

Horachuk has nothing in his resume to make one believe he'd be better than the guy he'd be replacing. If you're talking Babcock, otoh, you've got my attention.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
east.jpg

Marchy63

Sep 16, 2006
Oshawa
Chia and Clode to Toronto?

Haunt Bruins for years to come?

Something to consider.

I don't think it would matter to the Bruins who the Leafs hire, that franchise will continue to be a train wreck as long as they know they will make money hand over fist each year. Julien is a good coach, but I think the entire league knows his system pretty well now and unless he changes it up (which he hasn't since he first coached Montreal) he would be figured out in Toronto as well. They may make the Post Season, but I don't see a dynasty in their future with those two.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
A common theme for this postseason seems to be "wildcard" goaltending. I mean, Corey Crawford and Ryan Miller are a couple of the safest bets this year. Blues, Wild, Ducks, Jets, Flames, Senators, Lightning, Red Wings all have very unproven or questionable goaltending. The Pens have Fleury, the Isles have Halak, even the Rangers have a bit of a question mark if Lundqvist isn't 100%.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Who is everyone mildly rooting for whilst weeping into their beers? Flames, Senators or Islanders for me

I've been a semi-Blues fan for quite a while. They still have a tough road this year (Minnesota -> Chicago), but this is the first year that they may get a chance to avoid the Kings/Hawks (and the Hawks are still taken down a notch with the Kane injury), so the chance of them going on a run have never been better. Still, with Tarasenko on the last year of his ELC, this may be their last truly great shot at winning the Cup for a while. Hoping they can get the job done.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I'll be rooting for the Sens as far as they can go.

This Washington team is impressive and flying under the radar. They might make some noise.
Not sure I can "cheer" for the Rangers per say but I have a lot of respect for how strong that team is this year.

I've always really enjoyed the Blues in the West. I'd like to see them have some success.

FireSweeney

Oct 23, 2010
Auburn, Maine
Some of my family is from Minnesota so I'm gonna be rooting for them, least the 1st round(Don't see them beating St Louis). For it all probably St Louis.

Marchy63

Sep 16, 2006
Oshawa
I would love to Calgary, Nashville or Winnipeg in the West and Ottawa, Islanders or Washington in the East.

BB6

Feb 14, 2012
Canada
Could one of you guys link me the picture of colossal Chara hoisting the cup with lazers shooting from his eyes onto the rioting Vancouver?

Its hilarious and I lost it when I got a new computer.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Notice old friend Steve Kasper was amongst those let go in the Leafs purge earlier today. He was pro scouting director for the Leads.

I don't think we have any worries about him getting hired on by Cam.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Who is everyone mildly rooting for whilst weeping into their beers? Flames, Senators or Islanders for me

Sens and Isles in the East or anyone playing the Habs, and Jets, Flames in the West. Sick of the other teams out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad