GDT: Out of Town Playoff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
West bracket looks to be pretty good.

I don't know, I think a lot depends on who Anaheim gets. Chicago vs. St. Louis is a given in the 2nd round, and I think whichever one of them wins cruises to the Cup. Minnesota is the big wild card team that could take Anaheim down if they get into the Pacific bracket, but other than that Anaheim may finally be able to do some damage with some very questionable teams in the Pacific bracket. I mena, I'm very anti-Anaheim when it comes to their playoff chances overall, but if they get those 3 Canadian teams, how can you not pick them to be the massive favorite to get to the Conference Final?

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Not playoffs, but the out of town was closed. Jamie Benn just won the Art Ross. Empty net goal and an assist with 9 seconds left to steal it from Tavares.

He's my favorite player in the league behind Bergeron, really happy for him.

I will be rooting for the Caps, methinks. Will also be rooting for the Lightning and Sens. Should be an exciting year.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
I went to a lot of Islanders games in college so they'd be my first choice, after that I mean even though they kind of ****ed us I'd go with the sens. Cool story and the Habs hate them too. Enemy of an enemy is a friend...

Flames would be cool too. Or jets just for the awesome crowd

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
First round in the east, I'll be backing OTT, DET, NYR, NYI. The first and last are obvious choices to me: Habs, and I have a really soft spot for Boychuk. I'm frustrated enough with Tampa Bay that I want Detroit to beat them. And I have to say that I do respect Hank, so I'm going with the Rangers.

Next round, OTT and NYI. And I think I'll stick with OTT in the East, which kind of surprises me. Hammond is absolutely amazing. I rarely watch non-Bruins games (can't stand most NBC announcers), but I had to "hate-watch" some OTT this week, and WOW, he's amazing.

Bad Puck Bounce

Run Ralphie Run
Feb 4, 2014
Denver, Colorado
Ottawa and NYI from the East. Hard not to love that Ottawa team and Boychuk.

Winnipeg, St. Louis, or Calgary in the West. Love how fun those teams are to watch and how physical they can play.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Round 1

West

1. Ducks vs. WC2. Jets - Damn. I was all primed to pick Minnesota for the upset over Anaheim, but, while the Jets will give Anaheim a bit of a challenge, I can't see them winning this series.

Verdict: Ducks in 5

2. Vancouver vs. 3. Calgary - Ehh... I like Calgary, I really do, but they are nowhere near ready to go on any type of playoff run. That being said, I don't think Vancouver is either. I'll give the edge to Vancouver due to more experience, a healthier line-up, and home-ice.

I'm most excited to see how Monahan does in this series though. The way Calgary has deployed him this year has been insane for a guy his age. He seems to be made of the type of stuff that he'd really excel in the playoffs, but it's still a tall task for a 20 year old. It really could go either way against the Sedins.

Verdict: Canucks in 7

1. Blues vs. WC1. Wild - Easily the best match-up of the 1st round IMO. The Blues actually get to avoid Los Angeles and Chicago for a round! That being said, Minnesota is still a really good team and on the verge of a playoff breakthrough themselves. I still think St. Louis' depth powers them through, but it will be a hell of a series.

Verdict: Blues in 7

2. Predators vs. 3. Blackhawks - Yawn. I don't think Chicago will have much trouble, even without home ice. It'll be a series where Nashville might take a couple games, but I think Chicago will be in the driver's seat the entire way. Nashville clearly hit a wall, and they simply aren't ready yet. I mean, the Hawks are limping in as well, but I think Chicago is too experienced and talented, even without Kane.

Verdict: Blackhawks in 6

East

1. Rangers vs. WC2. Penguins - I don't think the Penguins are as bad off as people make them out to be, but their blueline really is a mess, and will not hold up in a series against the Rangers.

Verdict: Rangers in 6

2. Capitals vs. 3. Islanders - There's just something about this Caps team that I love, and I really don't like how the Islanders are designed for the playoffs. I really think this will be a series similar to the Habs/Lightning last year, where one team gets unceremoniously dumped right off the bat.

Verdict: Capitals in 4

1. Canadiens vs. WC1. Senators - I think the Cinderella run ends here. Hammond has been lights out, but when you get flung into a series vs. one team that can routinely test you to find your weaknesses, I don't know if he holds up. I think it had to put a significant strain on the Sens to get in.

Verdict: Canadiens in 6

2. Lightning vs. 3. Red Wings - I really don't like what I saw from the Wings down the stretch, and their goalie situation is a mess, but I still think Tampa is a playoff fraud. I like the Wings to take this due to experience. And their offensive depth matches up well against Tampa's greatest strength (their own offensive depth).

Verdict: Red Wings in 7

I like the Caps vs Habs in the ECF, with the Caps on top, and the Blues and Ducks in the WCF, with the Blues on top. Blues over Capitals in the SCF.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
FdwhQXs.png

(http://bracketchallenge.nhl.com/)

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Sens in the east, but if they lose to the habs then Tampa.

Flames in the west, but if they lose to the Nucks then Anaheim.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
On the plus side, working 6-10 doesn't feel bad now that the Bruins are out. :laugh:

Predictions:

Ottawa in 6
New York in 4
Tampa in 6
Washington in 7 (best series in the first round imo)

Ducks in 7
Flames in 7
Wild in 7
Preds in 7

Cup final: Washington vs Minnesota.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/... @NHLonNBCSports&utm_tags=srm[hockey,article]

LA players getting tired of Sutter?

Slap Shots has been told by two sources that the Kings locked the door to their locker room following a defeat on the road within the last two weeks so that Sutter could not get in and deliver what the players apparently expected to be another in a series of lectures/tirades.

As the tale was told, after Sutter finally tracked down an arena operative to unlock the door, he was greeted by three heavy waste receptacles lined up as barricade to what had become an empty room.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
Leafs PR ‏@LeafsPR 3m3 minutes ago
The Maple Leafs announced the club has relieved GM David Nonis & Interim Head Coach Peter Horachek of their duties today.

Not surprising in the least.

I don't know much about Horachek, but would he be a good fit here if Julien were to go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad