Out of Town: Off-Season edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Reading about Ottawa. Duchene trade they give Avs either their 1st this year ( the 4th OA ) or next year's 1st . Oh man. Nothing but misery for them.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Maybe I missed something but Vegas is in on Karlsson?

Imagine if Vegas gets him. And I thought dumping Hoffman would open the door to keep him in Ottawa.

If Vegas trades for Karlsson it would be one of the craziest expansion teams ever. Going to a cup final and then landing a HOF level Dman the next year.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I don't want ROR all together. 27 years old. We need a youth movement.

27 is not old. He easily has 6-7 quality years, which fits in with Price and Weber timeframes.

MB is not trading Price or Weber so this is a re-tool rather than a rebuild. If we do this draft and next draft right, and add the right players to the roster, we could have a good team again as soon as 2019-2020 season.

Elfward7

Jun 24, 2016
If I was planning for the future, I would be aware that we’re also a little light on the RW. We have lots of C prospects but nothing high quality.

I would:

1) Trade Pacioretty for a young top 2 PM LD since they take longer to develop (ie. Hanifin)

2) Draft a top 6 scoring RW this year (find it odd so many sites list Zadina as a RW, Svechnikov would be awesome if Carolina passed on him for Zadina)

3) Tank next year to draft a Top C

4) Sign Stastny for 4 years (term is so his contract ends when next years drafted top C needs his after ELC contract signed.

5) Officially announce that we’re rebuilding so that media/fans take a chill pill for a couple years. (Wait until after Stastny is signed. I feel the Habs are semi committed to rebuilding but afraid to say it for loss of enticing UFAs from signing here as they have a hard enough time as it is as well as selling tickets which I’m sure is a non issue).

2019-20 Season
Drouin - Stastny - 2018 Winger
Domi - 2019 C - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Danault - (Likely) A. Shaw/Scherbak

Hanifin (or other from Pacc trade) - Weber
Mete - Petry

Price
Lindgren

Stastny and 2019 Drafted C could be swapped but did it that way to divide the 2 young kids and protect the rookie C with Gallagher and Domi’s experience and hard to the net style for the first year. Could also swap Domi and Drouin.

Eventually wouldn’t care if Poehling and 2019 C were 1-2 with Stastny on third line or traded even.

Edit: I’d sign Plekanec for 1 year as well. Then use him, Benn, Byron, Froese and Niemi to get anything at the TDL next year, don’t care if it’s all 3rd to 6th round picks. Byron might be able to get a 2nd.

Last edited:

Peanut

Alzner is SOLID
Oct 28, 2015

How stupid do you have to be to submit ineligible votes when there was votes for Giroux and Hall out of position yeesh.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Awe. I guess the Pacioretty meeting went poorly or his flight is delayed....
So much BS

Whoever broke the report that Max was flying out to LA last night to meet with the Kings clearly didn't think logically seeing as the Kings' brass is in Dallas.

Martin McGuire (not the most reliable) said that the meeting will take place on Monday. Which that does make more sense.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Whoever broke the report that Max was flying out to LA last night to meet with the Kings clearly didn't think logically seeing as the Kings' brass is in Dallas.

Martin McGuire (not the most reliable) said that the meeting will take place on Monday. Which that does make more sense.
Or three no meeting at all and McGuire is probably regretting saying this now
It’s a gaf. It happens but it was just stupid
Pacioretty is not flying to LA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad