OT: Out of Town Hockey Reports thread - MOD ALERT POST 778 - NO PATRICK KANE TALK

Status
Not open for further replies.

What The Puck

Future GM
Feb 12, 2014
Northeast
I'm not a fan of Torres, but some of the media and personal comments people have written about him are over the line. Imagine if you woke up one day on Yahoo news with people saying how much they hate you, what a pile of **** you are, and cheering your job suspension.

I think it's over the line the way people talk about Torres. The vast majority of people don't know him. I guess what I want to say is, you can dislike the way he has played the game (and I do), but you won't find me on the Internet typing pages of hate.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I'm not a fan of Torres, but some of the media and personal comments people have written about him are over the line. Imagine if you woke up one day on Yahoo news with people saying how much they hate you, what a pile of **** you are, and cheering your job suspension.

I think it's over the line the way people talk about Torres. The vast majority of people don't know him. I guess what I want to say is, you can dislike the way he has played the game (and I do), but you won't find me on the Internet typing pages of hate.

He tries to ****ing end careers.

I'd call him a piece of **** to his face.

What a bizarre stand. Yeah, we're happy a guy can't do his job when he intentionally tries to prevent others from doing theirs. **** him he's scum.

What The Puck

Future GM
Feb 12, 2014
Northeast
He tries to ****ing end careers.

I'd call him a piece of **** to his face.

What a bizarre stand. Yeah, we're happy a guy can't do his job when he intentionally tries to prevent others from doing theirs. **** him he's scum.

I'm not convinced there was intent to injure. Do you know what went through his head? Did he tell you or otherwise confess to such a thing? Or is this your accusation?

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Okay, then you are making an accusation. That's your opinion.

I have absolutely zero interest in this. You are either being intentionally obtuse to (bizarrely) defend a well-established, piece of **** with a history of injuring other players with illegal and malicious hits, or you genuinely can't see what is plainly obvious to everyone else.

Both of those bore me.

Raffi Torres the human being is a *******. A. Scum. Bag.

I hope he never plays another day in the NHL and never again makes a dollar from the game of hockey. **** him.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I'm not convinced there was intent to injure. Do you know what went through his head? Did he tell you or otherwise confess to such a thing? Or is this your accusation?

For this to happen in an EXHIBITION game just makes one shudder.

Look his instinct reacts before his brain kicks in. He doesn't know how to play any other way.

Rancid McGoiter

Still metal.
Feb 1, 2005
I ****ing love this. Even as someone who loves and misses honest, angry fights, behind the play shenanigans, and hard hits that put a guy through the boards...I'll never understand guys like Torres. The Scott Stevens chicken**** mentality is lost on me. I hope Raffi, Cookie and their ilk never see NHL ice again.

RedBruin

Jul 4, 2010
Germany

Holy mother of strawman.
You never know what goes through somebody's head. That's why there's video evidence. Following that "logic" of yours you could never convict anybody of murder. "oh hello there Mr. Judge, sure the facts say I shot him 5 times but it was an accident, you can't possibly know what my intention was."
On the contrary to Mike I don't want to automatically assume he's a bad human being, I don't know the guy, but at the same time he's too good a hockey player to have those incidents happening to him without bad intentions on his part over and over again.

The Special K

Hoss MOFO, Hoss.
Sep 26, 2008
Canal Winchester, OH

I hate your post. I want your post fired for the internets. :sarcasm:

What The Puck

Future GM
Feb 12, 2014
Northeast
For this to happen in an EXHIBITION game just makes one shudder.

Look his instinct reacts before his brain kicks in. He doesn't know how to play any other way.

I am of the opinion that his behavior doesn't have the scheming and plotting necessary for it to be intent to injure. More along the lines of this post. It's a fast game, and I am of the opinion he doesn't necessarily want to cause an injury even when he is deciding to crush a guy.

The Special K

Hoss MOFO, Hoss.
Sep 26, 2008
Canal Winchester, OH
I am of the opinion that his behavior doesn't have the scheming and plotting necessary for it to be intent to injure. More along the lines of this post. It's a fast game, and I am of the opinion he doesn't necessarily want to cause an injury even when he is deciding to crush a guy.

That is a valid opinion.......for someone whose eye's do not work!

jdz

May 22, 2013
Am I right in saying that the Sharks had both Scott and Torres on the roster at the same time?

Serious headhunters.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

You are entitled to that no matter how small a minority it is.

Having said that you are heard. Further declarations will be considered no more than trying to incite the population.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC

You think today was the first day he had to read, see or hear reactions like that ???? He's been playing the same way now for at least the 5 or 6 years so I'm guessing he's pretty used to how fans and the media react to him and he probably doesn't give a damn.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site

He came at him from center ice and out of a blind spot, sped up when he sensed he'd be able to sneak up on him then finished high. This is who he is as a player.

He is a first class, headhunting cheap shot artist who gives the league a bad name and threatens the health of his fellow competitors. He can absolutely go **** himself. I hope he never sees another shift.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Can't really claim to be ignorant to the effects of brain injuries anymore. Someone who chooses to continue to make a career out of headhunting deserves what is said about him.

2 scum bags out of the league so far. Beautiful.

The game is better for it.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Glad this was done. The guy is a reeeeeeeeepeat offender. Hopefully the next time, and it will happen again, it's for a whole season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Monza vs Lazio
    Monza vs Lazio
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $245.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • FC Köln vs Freiburg
    FC Köln vs Freiburg