OT: Out of Town Hockey Reports thread - MOD ALERT POST 778 - NO PATRICK KANE TALK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
Bob McKenzie retweeted

Dallas Stars ‏@DallasStars · 1m1 minute ago
ICYMI on Periscope: #Stars acquire Patrick Sharp and Steven Johns from @NHLBlackhawks in exchange for Ryan Garbutt and Trevor Daley

Zac Rinaldo*

Bob McKenzie retweeted

Dallas Stars ‏@DallasStars · 1m1 minute ago
ICYMI on Periscope: #Stars acquire Patrick Sharp and Steven Johns from @NHLBlackhawks in exchange for Ryan Garbutt and Trevor Daley

that's a really good team they've got there in dallas this year.

trudatman*

unless that other guy turns out to be a star, DAL got hosed on that trade.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Chicago Black Hawk fans wish they were enjoying Cup as much as Patriots fans Super Bowl even factoring deflate gate

A deal with the devil would have been less painful than this offseason

Their is a prerry big Fire San Bowman thread

Think about that
3 Cups in 6 years and quite a few folks want you fired

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
unless that other guy turns out to be a star, DAL got hosed on that trade.

How is that, they got the better person at both positions. Johns is a good defensive prospect for Daley who is awful in his own end and Dallas really needing defensive help outside of Gologoski and Klingberg. Then Sharp is significantly better than Garbutt. Even after this trade they have 7 million in cap space while paying over 10 combined to 2 goalies.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Chicago Black Hawk fans wish they were enjoying Cup as much as Patriots fans Super Bowl even factoring deflate gate

A deal with the devil would have been less painful than this offseason

Their is a prerry big Fire San Bowman thread

Think about that
3 Cups in 6 years and quite a few folks want you fired

People thought we were spoiled for wanting Chia gone...

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Dealing Patrick Sharp to Stars gives Blackhawks salary-cap breathing space
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/hockey/blackhawks/ct-patrick-sharp-blackhawks-trade-story.html

That changed Friday as the Hawks’ core was breached with the widely anticipated trade of alternate captain Patrick Sharp to the Stars in Bowman’s continued effort to construct a roster within the NHL’s salary-cap confines.

In return for Sharp, 33, and top defenseman prospect Stephen Johns, the Hawks received defenseman Trevor Daley and forward Ryan Garbutt.

Blackhawks trade Patrick Sharp to Dallas
Blackhawks trade Patrick Sharp to Dallas to help clear salary cap on July 10, 2015. (WGN-TV)
Most important, the Hawks shed Sharp’s $5.9 million salary-cap hit and now have some wiggle room under the $71.4 million limit to continue to build the roster for 2015-16.

The Stars retained half of Garbutt’s $1.8 million cap hit, and with Daley’s cap number at $3.3 million and Johns’ $800,000 off the books, the Hawks saved $2.5 million.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I`d laugh at the guy but my buddy bought a Ping Pong table and I`m sure I pulled a hammy as I dove to try and hold off his winning point last night:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad