Post-Game Talk: Ottawa VS Columbus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magix

Oct 10, 2010
James Gordon ‏@SensReporter 3m

MacLean: After 30 games, you are what you are, and if this is what we are, it isn't going to be a lot of fun

Thats an interesting comment coming from the a jack adams coach. Maybe he should idk adjust? Stop making our dmen play like karlsson? Hold players accountable outside of the kids? Make them play a simple game like last season?

Idk though, I'm not an nhl coach/player and will never be one. But its weird for him to be giving up like that without trying to adjust to his team.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
We do that and it would shatter him even further. He already pouted once for having to play there during the lockout remember.

If he is not mature enough to be able to be sent down without complaining, then maybe he should be traded being that he sucks as of now.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Is there video of Boro's hit on Boll? Was at the game and they only showed the replay once. I do not understand how that could possibly have been elbowing.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
The problem with the Sens are the players not the coach. Sens fans should be careful what you wish for..... if the coach as fired and a new one is brought it, Karlsson's production will dip dramatically and he will not be a happy player. The Sens are way too easy to play against. They need more snarl in the top 6 and on defense.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
If it is a leadership problem, then what i would do is just call up lazar just for his attitude. He seems like he would be able to get these guys going.:laugh:

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Let's continue to blame leadership because our defence is comprised of bad players. Seems logical. It doesn't help that our best defenceman is awful at playing in his own zone.

Games like these suck but I didn't see anyone blaming Alfie when we were getting blown out early in 2011/12.

I remember people wanting to ship Alfredsson out for Craig ****ing Conroy when the team was down prior to the Cup run.

Spezza is the Captain, so now he gets to sit at the big boy table and get treated accordingly.

Happy?

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
They gave up 6 point blank looks in the first period he stopped 5.

Its not his fault that the entire team outside of Boro didn't show up today.

I don't know how that happens after you **** the bed like they did on Tuesday but they were even worse today.

What did Boro do to contribute in a positive fashion again???

Boro was sitting in the penalty box for two goal, took 24 minutes in penalties in total and that qualifies as showing up???

I give Boro some credit for getting the crowd to cheer about something, but other than that this wasn't one of his better efforts.

He definitely wasn't alone though.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

Boro was sitting in the penalty box for two goal, took 24 minutes in penalties in total and that qualifies as showing up???

I give Boro some credit for getting the crowd to cheer about something, but other than that this wasn't one of his better efforts.

He had the pinch where he set up Spezza beautifully in the slot from behind the net.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
Is there video of Boro's hit on Boll? Was at the game and they only showed the replay once. I do not understand how that could possibly have been elbowing.

I didn't think it was an elbow either but it definitely looked like he got Boll up high, probably why the call.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Let's continue to blame leadership because our defence is comprised of bad players. Seems logical. It doesn't help that our best defenceman is awful at playing in his own zone.

Games like these suck but I didn't see anyone blaming Alfie when we were getting blown out early in 2011/12.

I agree with this. Spezza is not the problem at all imo. Not to say he couldn't be better.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Leadership group is pathetic.

Basically. And I don't mean just Spezza.

Spezza played fine today but he needs to understand that with the C on his shoulder we don't need only goals from him, we need work ethic even if we getting blowed out.

Even though Spezza single-handedly ruined 2-3 powerplay shifts with horrific no look passes to the slot that were cleared after pressure finally building up in o-zone but he was good 5on5 and lol @ rest of leadership group.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
He had the pinch where he set up Spezza beautifully in the slot from behind the net.

True, but he also had the play where Cam Atkinson blew around him and he took a tripping penalty, so?

My point wasn't to suggest no good plays were made by a Senator today, just that any attempt to single out any Sen player for praise is misplaced.

This game was possibly worse than the Philly game, at least Philly has some talent.

Jorge Garcia

Dec 9, 2004

Boro threw two hard, perfectly clean checks. If you blame him for the calls, you weren't watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad