Post-Game Talk: Ottawa VS Columbus

Status
Not open for further replies.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I agree. I don't think this team will ever be able to move forward with Spezza as our #1C or Captain. I have said for a long time that Spezza does not elevate the players he plays with, they elevate him. There is no doubt Spezza is talented, but he is not the kind of player that can carry a team across the finish line. This organization, in the long run, is better of without him.

How did Greening and Michalek elevate Spezza? They are not exactly allstars are they? Heatley has never had the same success without Spezza....let's not get carried away here.

Spezza is not very good right now, I get it, and I agree. I really don't think he is physically able to play the game at his level. He is so easy to push off the puck because, I believe, his back strength will not allow him to do so.

But ******** on him with silly notions does not add anything either.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I agree. I don't think this team will ever be able to move forward with Spezza as our #1C or Captain. I have said for a long time that Spezza does not elevate the players he plays with, they elevate him. There is no doubt Spezza is talented, but he is not the kind of player that can carry a team across the finish line. This organization, in the long run, is better of without him.

Since when did players like greening and michalek elevate him? Give your head a shake please. :shakehead

mattsens

Jun 22, 2011
Ottawa
These consistency issues are all about our starts to games. Right now, we've only scored the first goal 30% of the time. It's one thing to make a comeback when down, it's another to do it 70% of the time. Makes it hard to get any momentum when we're always playing catch-up hockey.

King Karlsson

Gersei Chongar
Sep 30, 2011

Yeah Bobby Butler really helped Spezza come into his own :sarcasm:

OD99

Oct 13, 2012

I would argue this with you...there is no doubt that Spezza makes players around him better, specifically in terms of increasing their point production.

Saying we can't win with him as Captain is silly...this team would be in the same position if we had no captain or if anyone else on the roster was named captain.

Being captain of an NHL team gets so over blown - the team plays no matter what.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I would argue this with you...there is no doubt that Spezza makes players around him better, specifically in terms of increasing their point production.

Saying we can't win with him as Captain is silly...this team would be in the same position if we had no captain or if anyone else on the roster was named captain.

Being captain of an NHL team gets so over blown - the team plays no matter what.

Bologna! Everyone knows professionals getting paid millions of dollars to play a game that have competed at the highest levels their whole lives need someone to hold their hands and tell them to try harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad