Post-Game Talk: Ottawa VS Columbus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
BM blew it big time giving Greening such a huge contract. He's un-tradeable unless he's packaged as a giveaway to a team like the Oilers. He's never done anything to deserve more than $1.5M to <$2M even in his better days. This year he's playing like a sub $700K 4th line call up which would be fine if he was but he should never have come close to getting the contract he got.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Cowen + Gryba =
large.gif

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
OT
CFL
Ham 30 Tor 24 with 53 seconds left and Ham has the ball for a 1st down.

Hamilton WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
No puck support by the forwards.
No pucking moving ability outside of Karlsson + Methot.
Terrible PK.
Terrible PP.

Cant win with those problems.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
No way we get that 5 on 3 if the score wasn't what it was.

It's the usual refs throwing guys in the box late and reffing the score.

Sens didn't really deserve a goal in this one.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Let's continue to blame leadership because our defence is comprised of bad players. Seems logical. It doesn't help that our best defenceman is awful at playing in his own zone.

Games like these suck but I didn't see anyone blaming Alfie when we were getting blown out early in 2011/12.

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
James Gordon ‏@SensReporter 3m

MacLean: After 30 games, you are what you are, and if this is what we are, it isn't going to be a lot of fun

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Not that I don't like Zibby, but Brodin would have made this sad sack team a whole lot better. Easy to fall back on hindsight though.

Brodin was considered a reach at 10.

If we drafted him at 6 this board would have exploded with anger to the point of crashing HF.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Start Lehner - MacLean has to stop saying "Anderson is the legit number one on this team, blablabla". Not blaming Andy on this loss, but change of goalie in between the pipes seems to do this team good as they're likely more comfortable with Lehner in there. He brings more energy on the ice too.

Bench Cowen - Outside his rare goal here and there and a few good hits, he's a vegetable out there... A game or two from the press box might do him some good.

Trade - We have a history of stepping up our game after we make a move. Need a veteran presence at the blue line, more consistent top 6. Michalek and Conacher just aren't cutting it right now.

Spezza - Oh my dear captain. You've always been a whipping boy for our team and you'll continue to be until you smarten your game up. Those blind passes to Casper have to stop, you're not in your early 20's anymore.

MacLean - Keep coaching the team hard. Be brutal on this team, you'll eventually crack them with your hard practices. Heart to heart talk with the team is needed right now.

Greening - Dude needs to go. He lacks offense right now that could likely be found in Bingo. I would love to trade him and his newly signed contract. Sure his line has been the best in the last couple of games, but it's not really thanks to him.

Corvo - Just play him already and keep him in the lineup. He can't possibly hurt this blue line more than it already is.

I don't disagree with any of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad