GDT: Ottawa Senators vs Florida Panthers | 7:30pm EST | SNET-E / RDS| HOME OPENER

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Doubt he got ejected. He was just sitting there.

It's far more likely he was asked to go for an interview, esp. considering Mendes tweeted exactly that.

Mystery solved. I knew there was no way he'd get tossed for dressing up like Maclean.

Chris Neil gets phantom calls based on reputation? So does SBP, apparently. This ain't 1998.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Andy has been a beast in the past two games.

Turris looks like a different player this year with added size and strength. This guy will be a fixture in Ottawa for years to come.

Silfverberg showed what a valuable player he is. His drop-of-a-dime shot will score him goals in this league. His defensive awareness is good and can be built upon.

Latendresse showed glimpse of what he can bring to this team. The guy is so smart, positionally sound and aware. The whole Turris line was on the ball.

Karlsson was everywhere, as was Turris and Alfie.

Methot had yet another solid game - he looks good at everything, may not necessarily be great at anything. The exact complement to Karlsson and somewhat fills the void left behind by Cowen’s injury.

Wiercioch and Benoit had another great game. They add to the team’s offence - and this team is more fluid and high flying than last year. With these two chipping in as the 3rd pair, this team’s defence is even more mobile and offensively inclined. As long as they can keep it up.

Loving the start - love this schedule where the team gets to acquire those important points against teams that are no exactly world beaters. With no preseason game, you need a “soft" early schedule to really build chemistry across the roster.

So far, so good.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
We were 4 trying to start the Silfverberg chant tonight. I did what I could with whatever voice I has left.

Pissed off I missed out on the jersey sale.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Thank you for this awesome game Sens... made me forget about all the life problems for a few hours

I'm absolutely in love with our top-12 forwards. Man is this solid all around??? They aren't even "firing on all cylinders", they are still rusty and Theo saved many goals tonight but they still scored 8 goals in 2 games. All of Spezza, Michalek, Turris, Silfverberg and Latendresse could score 30 goals or more (over 82 games)... maybe even Alfie if he's in great shape

But the thing is that we have so much talent coming up still... Zibanejad, Stone, Da Costa, Noesen, Petersson, Puempel, Prince, Ceci, Wikstrand, Lehner (2-3 busts in that group max)... How can you not be excited about the future of this team? The draft work and player development the Murrays have put in place is simply incredible

We haven't sucked like the Oilers and other teams did to get so much talent, not even close but look where we draft guys like Cowen, Karlsson, Lehner, Silfverberg, Stone... simply amazing

Jimmy O'Winchossa! :handclap:

:handclap:

No way he was tossed just for looking like Maclean. Sens arena staff loves stuff like that: people getting dressed up, etc...

:laugh:

This made me laugh extremely

I demand Paul McClone be at every game from now on.

And the clapper man... where was he by the way?

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
This is one of the best games I have ever seen by this game defensively and yet it was still somewhat lacking offensively with all the chances they failed to convert but unbelievable depth.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Thank you for this awesome game Sens... made me forget about all the life problems for a few hours

I'm absolutely in love with our top-12 forwards. Man is this solid all around??? They aren't even "firing on all cylinders", they are still rusty and Theo saved many goals tonight but they still scored 8 goals in 2 games. All of Spezza, Michalek, Turris, Silfverberg and Latendresse could score 30 goals or more (over 82 games)... maybe even Alfie if he's in great shape

But the thing is that we have so much talent coming up still... Zibanejad, Stone, Da Costa, Noesen, Petersson, Puempel, Prince, Ceci, Wikstrand, Lehner (2-3 busts in that group max)... How can you not be excited about the future of this team? The draft work and player development the Murrays have put in place is simply incredible

We haven't sucked like the Oilers and other teams did to get so much talent, not even close but look where we draft guys like Cowen, Karlsson, Lehner, Silfverberg, Stone... simply amazing

:handclap:

:laugh:

This made me laugh extremely

And the clapper man... where was he by the way?

He was at the game, Sportsnet cameras cut to him on the first (or maybe it was the second?) goal.

GK

Not Jeeks
Apr 2, 2010
Banff
Mac is talking about it in the presser. :laugh:

EDIT:

He got kicked out because it wasn't actually his seat!! :biglaugh:

delchief

Jun 10, 2006
Not to nit-pick but I need to nit-pick for a second. Paul McLean needs to use his timeouts better. You've got a 2-0 lead and you're team is back on its heels a little and have been icing the puck because they're scrambling around in their own zone and getting gassed in the process? Yeah, call a timeout there. It's a free breather, Paul. Use it, man!

That's all. Go Sens!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad