GDT: Ottawa Senators VS Chicago Blackhawks @ United Center, 02-18-19: The KaneCatStorm re-impulsion

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
He is terrible. Why people bash Forsling and turn a blind eye on him I'll never understand.

Because he had no hype, whereas Forsling did. You cant disappoint if you had no expectations.

Same reason people were happy to ignore how bad TVR was. He was just a guy we picked up, so the fact he was garbage most nights didnt really ping anybody’s radar the way, say, a single turnover from Leddy would.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
we know the team defense is bad but I love the fact that this team isn't sacrificing their offense (strength) in some weak attempt to better something that really can't be fixed yet. keep the pedal to the medal, win the 6-5 games and keep playing aggressive. we live and die by the sword, if we get decent goaltending again we can survive some 3-2 games as well..

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
we know the team defense is bad but I love the fact that this team isn't sacrificing their offense (strength) in some weak attempt to better something that really can't be fixed yet. keep the pedal to the medal, win the 6-5 games and keep playing aggressive. we live and die by the sword, if we get decent goaltending again we can survive some 3-2 games as well..

Hey

upload_2019-2-18_22-25-30.jpeg

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Not quite sure how two NHL teams, no matter how limited some of the players are in experience, can be that bad defensively. Its fun to see us score goals and pad stats but I cannot remember another Hawks team in my lifetime that was this bad in their own end. At times it is almost nauseating to watch. Even lower level talent can produce better defense than this, it has to come down to system and effort (and lousy goaltending).

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Because he had no hype, whereas Forsling did. You cant disappoint if you had no expectations.

Same reason people were happy to ignore how bad TVR was. He was just a guy we picked up, so the fact he was garbage most nights didnt really ping anybody’s radar the way, say, a single turnover from Leddy would.

Dahlstrom was a second round pick though. Forsling only had hype because he was a trade acquisition. I don't think he was considered a top prospect other than when our system was weak back then.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Dahl Strom isn'r an NHL defender?

And after tonight and all season performances is An Hawks player an NHL defense?

Not Kane...Not Toes .. Nor D-Cat ..Not Strom e..not any of our forwards...Not any ofour D-men...His and Keith pathetic on that 7th Ottawa goal. ..pathetic. .puck right there in the crease and they are soft in any effort to clear..like defending the crease is just a leisurely walk in the park..

No fair single out Dahl Strom. ..Everyone everyone e on this team cannot defend well.

But despite this ...or because of this. ..you need good goaltending..Delia stunk and Ward hardly better tonight . BAD Bad goaltending g will make awful defenders in front of them look even worse.

Put 8tvthis way ..STL found a Wall in Binnington ....STL was a disaster before they handed the net to Binning ton. ..4 shot outs in last 10 for him. .

Despite how bad defending in front of them is...goaltenders can be the main difference between last place in goals against and instead being stingy and going on long win streaks.l and with easy victories to boot.

Goaltending gb8s 70% of win8ng...When you get bad save % ...you get 7 or 8 going into your net .. As proven by tonight.

Bad defending dorsn't really matter. ..great goaltending matters a lit more...but when you get both baf goaltending plus bad defending...you are in horror shows lijevthisvgame. .which is why these 2 teams are really bad. As we saw tonight.

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
age doesn't really matter, it is his first year of pro hockey and a smaller player like him will need time to adjust to the strength and speed of the game...have patience with him he has top 6 skill, seen plenty of it over the years.

Dylan Skille will do nothing at the NHL level. Trade him for assets

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

TVR was far from garbage

Garbage was your boy Rundblad who you praised so often

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
Im sure someone brought it up already but can we talk about perlinis effort in the dzone on the 7th goal? Literally did not move his feet despite being a couple feet behind whoever scored the goal. Makes my blood boil. Please stan get whatever you can for that trashcan and get him the hell out of here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad