GDT: Ottawa Senators VS Chicago Blackhawks @ United Center, 02-18-19: The KaneCatStorm re-impulsion

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I am fine with Dahlstrom, let these kids grow...they will make mistakes and learn from them. just like Joker he came out the gate on fire, but like most rookies they will go through massive hills and valleys. he offers everything we lack in our system, glad JC keeps him out there and in rotation for games played. he will look better by years end like he did his first 10 games or so. people need to relax on these knee jerk reactions.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
The Hawks are Big 12 football.

blackhawks-defense.jpg

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
and for those making snap judgements on Sikura, just know that Kucherov only had 9 goals and 9 assists in his rookie year- **** takes time for most of these kids..
Kucherov born June 1993, Sikura June 1995.

Kucherov at 23 yo scored 85 points, after years of 18,65, and 66 points (22 yo season in 77 games ).

Sikura at 23 yo has to date scored 5 points this year (15 games), after a staggering 3 points as a 22 year old.

Methinks these are not two comparables.

Enyaw

The names ... Wayne
Jan 17, 2014
2 Last place teams battle it out

Considering both teams cant play Defense the score makes sense .......... Hawks have now "Allowed" the most Goals Against in the League

Yay ............... Hawks win

This is not a playoff team .... if it is .... it says more about the weak nature of the Wildcard this year

Reactions: LDF

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
I am fine with Dahlstrom, let these kids grow...they will make mistakes and learn from them. just like Joker he came out the gate on fire, but like most rookies they will go through massive hills and valleys. he offers everything we lack in our system, glad JC keeps him out there and in rotation for games played. he will look better by years end like he did his first 10 games or so. people need to relax on these knee jerk reactions.
Blows my mind that people can go from thinking a young player is great to rubbish in the span of one season.

Do people not understand it normally takes a while for young players to develop into NHL regulars?

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
my takes from the game.

i am totally surprise that Seabs did not play. whether he is truly injured or not.

of the goals scored against, i counted at least 2 or 3 goals that was directly result of the d-man. which leads me to this.

i have been wondering if Delia is starting to hit the wall, well this game showed that Delia has some chinks in his game. which should be expected. he may not be totally ready to assume the lion share of a NHL starting goalie .

Reactions: Enyaw

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL
Don't care how bad both teams are in relation to standings. Lots of scoring, fast paced, lots of sauce and 2pts for good guys.

Fun hockey to watch.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba

Kucherov at 23 yo scored 85 points, after years of 18,65, and 66 points (22 yo season in 77 games ).

Sikura at 23 yo has to date scored 5 points this year (15 games), after a staggering 3 points as a 22 year old.

a rookie is a rookie, simple as that

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Blows my mind that people can go from thinking a young player is great to rubbish in the span of one season.

Do people not understand it normally takes a while for young players to develop into NHL regulars?
nope, on here everyone jumps in the water after a solid 5 games or so or jumps off ship after a poor 5 games..no middle ground it seems anymore.

Reactions: BK

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Saw this February 15th (not sure if accurate but looks like it's right)

Patrick Kane & Jonathan Toews scoring goal in same game Regular season (92): 81-6-5 (48-0-1 in last 49) Playoffs (6): 6-0 #Blackhawks

This OTT game has to be added with a W
there ya go, figured it was pretty impressive!!

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
what a wild game. fun to watch a game like that every once in a while. im glad its not like that all the time tho. Kane Toews Debrincat Strome seem to be on a mission. Strome to Debrincat is just so beautiful. Im wondering if playing Saad against worst matchups is the way to go all the time. It looks like he can outskate and overpower these 2nd/3rd pairing D at times. Kahun has some spurts that he looks dangerous. Our defensive zone is absolutely atrocious.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
what a wild game. fun to watch a game like that every once in a while. im glad its not like that all the time tho. Kane Toews Debrincat Strome seem to be on a mission. Strome to Debrincat is just so beautiful. Im wondering if playing Saad against worst matchups is the way to go all the time. It looks like he can outskate and overpower these 2nd/3rd pairing D at times. Kahun has some spurts that he looks dangerous. Our defensive zone is absolutely atrocious.

Production-wise, Saad and Anisimov are pretty close to what Sharp and Vermette were during the 14-15 season.

Also, while Sharp produced at a similar rate that regular season, it came with more powerplay time than Saad is getting.

It’s two-thirds of an above average third line, the question is whether you want to continue paying $10 million+ for two-thirds of a third line.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

Methinks you are missing the point and overanalyzing age.

Reactions: AmericanDream

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
One thing about DeBrincat, looking at the toi/gp of top 30 goal scorers in the NHL this season
- who has the least of ice time per game?, its even worse when it comes to 5 on 5...

19-2-2019 17-06-05.jpg

Not that i'm complaining, sort of not, cause helluva improvement to last season, so...yeah. - thank you-
You'd just wish... he could get even more ice time, that's all

Last edited:
Reactions: ColdSteel2

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
One thing about DeBrincat, looking at the toi/gp of top 30 goal scorers in the NHL this season
- who has the least of ice time per game?, its even worse when it comes to 5 on 5...

View attachment 188723

Not that i'm complaining, sort of not, cause helluva improvement to last season, so...yeah.

A lot of it has to do with him playing on the second line and part of it maybe that Strome tends to take shorter shifts (just eyeing it up and this is not a complaint about Strome).

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010

View attachment 188723

Not that i'm complaining, sort of not, cause helluva improvement to last season, so...yeah.

There’s another level for Cat. A 50 goal season seems possible in the near future.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Methinks you are missing the point and overanalyzing age.
it boggles my mind on here..

those jumping off ship on Sikura, please do me a favor...just go look up these 3 players right now:

Troy Terry
Ryan Donato
Adam Gaudette

I give you 3 Hobey Baker finalists, 3 top 50 prospects league wide, all three turned pro either end of last year or this season - all three IMO better skilled players than Sikura..now take a look at what they are doing this season and come back at me with Sikura isn't going to be much talk....

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
it boggles my mind on here..

those jumping off ship on Sikura, please do me a favor...just go look up these 3 players right now:

Troy Terry
Ryan Donato
Adam Gaudette

I give you 3 Hobey Baker finalists, 3 top 50 prospects league wide, all three turned pro either end of last year or this season - all three IMO better skilled players than Sikura..now take a look at what they are doing this season and come back at me with Sikura isn't going to be much talk....

I think Sikura is starting to figure out the timing of the NHL. His effort has been fine.

Reactions: AmericanDream

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba

View attachment 188723

Not that i'm complaining, sort of not, cause helluva improvement to last season, so...yeah. - thank you-
we all do, but look at that list - Cat and maybe 2-3 others might be the only 2nd line guys on the list..that list is covered with 1st line players, and I get that is your point but Cat is playing 2nd line and #1 power play, unless we want to start lowering Kane and Toews minutes, or completely eliminating our 4th line (trust me I think we should lol), not seeing where else he can go right now. many of those guys can pk as well, Cat unfortunately does not.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
There’s another level for Cat. A 50 goal season seems possible in the near future.

Well.... after tonight's hatty, with Alex's current pace (from December 20th ->) would give him exactly 50 goals (gained 2 extra goals tonight) this season, in 82 games. If Alex can keep his current goal&point pace what he has kept since December 20th, he would score 50 goals, 42 assists, 92 points. - again do not want to jinx things, just facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad