GDT: Ottawa Senators vs Carolina Hurricanes | Feb 7th, 7:30pm | SNet-E |No idea for title.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
No he wan't, he didn't have to make any tough saves, most of the shots were from the outside and the perimeter.

BTW not only is Karlsson the best dman playing right now but also the best player in the planet, call me homer I don't give a **** but what hes doing on the ice I see noone else in this league doing.

Did you watch the game??

The Sens had lots of in close opportunities, Ward was very good tonight.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Silfverberg looks a lot more comfortable out there. Still can't believe he didn't put that in during the 2nd.

Silf looked great tonight. I thought he was the best player on that line and generally slowed the game down to his tempo. He's probably most dangerous 1 on 1 with a goalie but his best ability is passing from behind the goal line and around the boards.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I thought Karlsson was the best he has ever been. Completely controlled the game when he was on the ice.

It's clear to me that Greening and O'Brien don't belong on this team, especially in this system. They kill plays all over the ice because of their poor hockey I.Q and lack of hands and puckhandling ability. I'd look to move Greening while his value is still somewhat close to what it was at the end of last year.

Bottom 6 players are typically not known for high hockey IQ. O'Brien is fine, Greening needs to play to his size more

Legend Killer

Nov 15, 2007
Michalek, Greening and to a lesser extent Turris havent been all that great lately. Although Turris hit a crossbar... He just doesnt seem as comfortable as when he is on line 2.

Michalek is non existant offensively... Which is a shame because he is out "alleged" #1 winger...

Greening to me, has been one of our worst players all year long... Can ride the coat tails with Spezza but other than that... He seems pretty useless...

Really like how Condra, Mika, and Silf have been playing lately...

Lundin was solid/unspectacular, which is how he was advertised... I was content.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Bottom 6 players are typically not known for high hockey IQ. O'Brien is fine, Greening needs to play to his size more

In MacLean's system, players that can't handle and move the puck effectively are useless.

I'd imagine Greening could bring home a decent piece back if we decided to move him; I think now would be the time to do so, we don't want any teams finding out he's a mediocre bottom 6 forward.

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008
Need to rant.

It sucks we don't have a defenceman to hold the game down until Karlsson is back on the ice.

There I said it.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
In MacLean's system, players that can't handle and move the puck effectively are useless.

I'd imagine Greening could bring home a decent piece back if we decided to move him; I think now would be the time to do so, we don't want any teams finding out he's a mediocre bottom 6 forward.

MacLean's system is to put players where they would strive the most without jeopardizing a hole else where.

WhiteLight*

Karlsson is gold as usual.

Methot is meh as usual, do not see what the fuss over this guy is about

Phillips fail on 1st goal

Benoit fail, should be a 7th D, and NOT play in overtime. Entire game, Gonchar was matched vs J. Staal and kept him in check. Then, 1 shift in overtime, Gonchar was rested but Benoit was sent out there anyway for a reason I can't and never will understand. Defense coach fail.

Andy was not bad, but needs a rest.

Ward was gold.

Liking Smith and Silf more than at the start.

Sens1911

Aug 6, 2009
Québec
Benoit lost the puck but he had his guy (Skinner). A forward completely forgot to backcheck and Phillips is just useless and made it a 2 on 0.

Why are people defending Benoit? I don't get it. Before the game I thought he was awful... and this one was his worse by far. Maybe he did have his guy, but he had no stick and couldn't clear the puck... Game over. He has no upside. He is below average defensively, he is weak (he can't clear the front of the net which lead to 2-3 goals i can remember), he doesn't have a great shot. He is pretty much average at everything and makes mistakes.

I think the 2 young guys have played better so far. Weircioch might be a bit of an adventure in his own zone but his passing and his puck control are wayyy better. He might be a bit slim but he still has some size and he's nowhere near as weak as Benoit is.

WhiteLight*

The guys on the Team have a HUGE man-crush on Benoit. wtf?

The guy needs to be sheltered every time he's on the ice.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
Michalek, Greening and to a lesser extent Turris havent been all that great lately. Although Turris hit a crossbar... He just doesnt seem as comfortable as when he is on line 2

Turris ISN'T as comfortable because the teams are now targeting him. He doesn't have the same freedom that he had when Spezza was out there. I thought he played great considering the coverage he gets.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Karlsson was a god compared to everyone else.

Silfverberg was Ottawa's best forward tonight. Zibanejad was electrifying as well.

I love Neil.

Lundin looked really, really good. Don't know what some of you are talking about.

Smith ****ing floats and wtf happened to Greening.

Da Costa will start clicking soon and watch out.

burf

Mar 27, 2012
I want to see Maclean stick Da Costa on a line with Silf. His defensive game still needs some work, and he's prone to making dumb giveaways while transitioning out of the zone (he's done it in both games this year, and almost did it twice tonight), but he's got amazing vision, made some great passes tonight, and looked dangerous every time he was in the offensive zone. Plus he and Silf should have some chemistry from their time in Bingo.

And Smith, as much as I love his game, just doesn't have the offensive chops to be a second line center. He's a perfect 3C, but he doesn't quite have the hands or passing ability to be in the top 6.

I can totally see Da Costa being a solid top 6 player in the next few years, but I'm just not sure it's going to be on the Sens given our center depth.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
A game full of positives for Ottawa but a heartbreaking loss due to Cam Ward playing out of his mind; the boys shouldn't be too down on themselves they played a good game but the opposing goalie was better.

It happens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad