GDT: Ottawa Senators vs Carolina Hurricanes | Feb 7th, 7:30pm | SNet-E |No idea for title.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
My two cents?

If I wasn't looking for Lundin I barely would have noticed him. That's a pretty solid way to play your first game in many months and with a new team no less.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
I honestly don't understand we pay the guy 1.15 Mill I mean what are you expecting from Lundin to runner up for the Norris ? Guy plays 20 mins first game back, looked good on his skates made simple plays.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Seriously?
I'm planning to bike to SBP today (that's what I always do) even if it hits hard.

I doubt you'd bike there with a 9 year old and 14 month old, though.

Fortunately the snow held off, and we all had a good time despite the loss.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
My two cents?

If I wasn't looking for Lundin I barely would have noticed him. That's a pretty solid way to play your first game in many months and with a new team no less.

Totally agree.

He's not Karlsson. He's not going to be the type of player that will be overly noticeable. Which for a defensemen is a GOOD thing.

I feel like having Karlsson, we just put so much flack on other players for not being as fast, or as offensive, or whatever. When we should NOT be.

Lundin was fine. He wasn't brilliant, but he wasn't awful. He was boring and unnoticeable -- which is what I expected. He was as expected.

And I cannot believe all the hate on this board after THAT loss.

Yes, we lost. That SUCKS. But seriously, if our team plays like that every night... win or lose -- I'm happy!!!

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
And I cannot believe all the hate on this board after THAT loss.

Yes, we lost. That SUCKS. But seriously, if our team plays like that every night... win or lose -- I'm happy!!!

It's frustration more than anything, the team played more than well enough to get the W but Ward just shut the door. Losing to the opposing goalie always feel like the other team cheated.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
It's frustration more than anything, the team played more than well enough to get the W but Ward just shut the door. Losing to the opposing goalie always feel like the other team cheated.

That's the type of thing you cannot control though. Also the type of thing that won't happen every night.

Sens play every night like last night -- we will win more than we lose. And we will be a playoff team.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
I was pretty happy with Lundin. He had a few hiccups- which is to be expected in a first game in such a long time, especially with a new team.

One thing I noticed was that Jordan Staal has to be the biggest hacker in the league. I couldn't keep track of all the times he got near someone away from the play and slashed them in the back of the legs.

Greening really needs to be more effective on the breakout. It dies on his stick far too often.

It was really too bad they couldn't kill that penalty off for Alfie.

WhiteLight*

MAK, you seem to be the minority arguing that Lundin was god awful. Most seem to think he was good, or at least played as expected considering his return from injury to a new team.

He just didn't look like an NHL regular. He didn't do anything to make me think he could more than a 6/7. If he shakes the rust he could get to that level.

Lost too many battles and made too many mistake for a defensive d-man.

Would much rather have Borowiecki play

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008
He just didn't look like an NHL regular. He didn't do anything to make me think he could more than a 6/7. If he shakes the rust he could get to that level.

Lost too many battles and made too many mistake for a defensive d-man.

Would much rather have Borowiecki play

Theres really no point arguing between a 6th or 7th defenceman during a rebuild. We didn't lose because of Lundin.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
no point in arguing with mak. consensus is that lundin was solid, but not spectacular. lets move on.

this team needs a finisher, which is why it's a shame latendresse is not working out so far. he would have been a lot of help yesterday and in the montreal game if he was fully fit.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
no point in arguing with mak. consensus is that lundin was solid, but not spectacular. lets move on.

this team needs a finisher, which is why it's a shame latendresse is not working out so far. he would have been a lot of help yesterday and in the montreal game if he was fully fit.

This team misses Spezza badly. As much as he is more of a pass first player, he is still a natural goal scorer and even though Karlsson is amazing there's no way that Spezza misses that open shot on the PP last night that Karlsson fanned on.

Anyway regardless of the result we didn't deserve to lose that one so let's move on. Bring an effort like that consistently and we should still be able to keep our heads above water long enough to either add some help or get Spezza back IMO.

Rumcajs

Jul 25, 2010
Ottawa
Is it just me or did anyone else think Lundin was really great out there. Benoits replacement if you ask me.

Also, super impressed by his skating.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Never made a thread about that

All I said was that Kuba played like a legit 1st pairing D-man. That is all.

Kuba in 2011-12 was better than Methot is right now. That is true. Karlsson doesn't seem to have missed a beat, but Kuba was better than Methot is now.

Now this is exactly why people call you out, you dont understand hockey.

You're just flast out wrong absolutely wrong right here. Has the idea every crossed your mind that Karlsson maybe playing better for more then one reason... Could that reason possibly be that his D partner is mobile enough to keep up with him? Or that he trusts his d partner to cover up for him if he makes a mistake? Or he feels more confident out there that his D partner will light someone up if they cheap shot him?

I am not sure if you have noticed but Methot is WAY more mobile then Kuba he can actually handle Karlssons rocket d to do passes. The same ones Kuba would bobble, Methot can handle the pass and turn it into offense by getting his feet moving and getting up the ice.

Methot makes Karlsson more dangerous, the only way Kuba could break the puck out was a pass. Methot skates it out if the pass isnt there... Karlsson has been reading this and been an option for Methot pushing the puck up the ice. Kuba could not skate the puck out, Kuba could also not turn with forwards that dump the puck into his corner. Methot not only pivots but he protects the puck and gets it to Karlsson who then breaks it out.

As for Lundin... He did look like he has not played in a while thats for sure, his brain was working but it didnt look like his feet/body is there yet. I dont know if he is better then Wiercioch or Boro when he is fully healthy but he certainly wasnt as good as either one of them last night. I will reserve judgement after a few games.... The thing is with the shortened season can the sens afford it?

How about Regin and Dacosta last night! Great games creating offense using their speed jumping into holes. Dacosta needs to play with a goal scorer, if Condra was Alfie last night he may have had a hat trick. Michalek Smith Silf are playing great but id really like to see Dacosta with Silf they had chemistry in bingo and I think the little frenchman can create offense and maybe get him some open looks like Condra and Obrien had last night.

Last edited:

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Michalek Smith Silf are playing great but id really like to see Dacosta with Silf they had chemistry in bingo and I think the little frenchman can create offense and maybe get him some open looks like Condra and Obrien had last night.

yeah, i'd love to see what da costa can do with those two guys. maybe as time goes on he'll get more opportunities. we'll see. he sure looked dangerous on the few chances that he had.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Maybe it is just me but ALL of our Depth defencemen have been great. Borowiecki, Wiecioch, Benoit and now Lundin have all been assets. What exactly do people expect? All have been better and more ready then I think anyone could have hoped given the circumstances. Lundin was to be our 6th D and he is thrown into a game soon after starting to practice with the team, first time with his whole team and first game in months, with his wife due to deliver twins the next day and he has a decent enough "unnoticed" 20 or so minutes.

Borowiecki being sent down, and I think he will not be called back up before Gryba is. When we need a physical D again, I think Gryba will get a look, just because they want to see what he can do in the NHL. We are seeing incredible depth from our organization and the great coaching and development in Bingo for several seasons now. We should all be happy.

And pouring on Benoit for the OT miscue is silly. Mistakes happen, especially forced ones at 4-4. I remember him saving the team making a save himself with only a few seconds left in the game last week. Wasn't a problem having him on at a crucial point of time in THAT game was it?

And this is a TEAM. Almost regardless of line or pairing, the team presses and is relentlessly uptempo.

I am impressed with EVERYONE on the team.

We have been in every game but ONE all season and Bishop started that one. The only disappointing performer to me is Latendresse and he is injured. Hope he can get healthy and maybe get inserted into the lineup at some future point and score a few key goals for us.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Maybe it is just me but ALL of our Depth defencemen have been great. Borowiecki, Wiecioch, Benoit and now Lundin have all been assets. What exactly do people expect? All have been better and more ready then I think anyone could have hoped given the circumstances. Lundin was to be our 6th D and he is thrown into a game soon after starting to practice with the team, first time with his whole team and first game in months, with his wife due to deliver twins the next day and he has a decent enough "unnoticed" 20 or so minutes.

Borowiecki being sent down, and I think he will not be called back up before Gryba is. When we need a physical D again, I think Gryba will get a look, just because they want to see what he can do in the NHL. We are seeing incredible depth from our organization and the great coaching and development in Bingo for several seasons now. We should all be happy.

And pouring on Benoit for the OT miscue is silly. Mistakes happen, especially forced ones at 4-4. I remember him saving the team making a save himself with only a few seconds left in the game last week. Wasn't a problem having him on at a crucial point of time in THAT game was it?

And this is a TEAM. Almost regardless of line or pairing, the team presses and is relentlessly uptempo.

I am impressed with EVERYONE on the team.

We have been in every game but ONE all season and Bishop started that one. The only disappointing performer to me is Latendresse and he is injured. Hope he can get healthy and maybe get inserted into the lineup at some future point and score a few key goals for us.

2/10 too positive.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I honestly don't understand we pay the guy 1.15 Mill I mean what are you expecting from Lundin to runner up for the Norris ? Guy plays 20 mins first game back, looked good on his skates made simple plays.

Exactly, because he didn't play like Karlsson & put up 5 pts. The Sens outplayed Carolina, outshot them & should have won the game if not for Ward who stood on his head, that's why we lost. Ottawa was the better team without question, it happens sometimes in the NHL, goalies steal games. In fact, it's happened a lot to Ottawa in the past remember Cujo & Belfour & Thomas & Miller & Hasek ...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad