Ottawa Senators send down Drake Batherson and Filip Chlapik to Belleville

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
What were you guys expecting ? I find it a bit concerning that there are some people who are angry or surprised on how bad we are ? Did you not see the roster before today ? We are clearly tanking. The kids will be sprinkled in here and there but the whole point of the vets is the take the full force grind of losing so many games

This is the correct take.

You are shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic. In fact, I'd want to keep the youth away from this gong show as long as possible.

Reactions: derriko

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Banging down the door and barging their way onto the roster. That's what im hoping for from the kids. I still think they're all alright. And im expecting some loud banging very soon. It's the expected path and they are still on schedule.

Reactions: NB613

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
I don't really have an issue with cycling through rookies. You might as well see what you have at the NHL level right now. Chlapik and Batherson weren't very good. Lets try Brown and someone else.

We've sent down a lot of players before including Karlsson (who we also had playing in the NHL before he was ready - and it didn't seem to destroy him).

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Hate to be THAT guy but this is just to save Melnyk money. Belleville doesn't even play until Friday.

I also find this incredibly funny from Chlapik's perspective. They keep escalating his punishment for producing in the opener. I guess they really didn't like the way he looked sitting in the press box last night so they had to find a way to show him what's what.

Last edited:

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I don the agree with this move. What changed in 4 days that they can’t play on the team?. Chlapik has a nice assist in game 1.

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
None of these kids are ready.....They have been overhyped by management....

This. I'm usually not an optimist, but it seemed like we had the young guys in the system who could start making a difference. That's what I thought this season was going to be about...But no, it's going to be so much worse than last year with the exception on 72 and 7. And even Tkachuk wont be dominating in anyway except getting those greasy goals all year.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
So 2 guys get sent down... and no word of any callups to replace them?

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Someone has to be coming up. We are at 11 forwards.

Send Ennis down. Good lawd.
Also, anyone else feel the sens will be strategic with the kids number of games played to avoid exposing them to Seattle?

Reactions: derriko and Cosmix

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Would rather Formenton play in the top 6 in Belleville all season and put up 30 goals then come up here and play 11minutes on a bottom 6.

Reactions: NB613 and Cosmix

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
I feel like Abramov deserves a look at this point. Had one of the better camps out of all our young guys.

Reactions: Cosmix

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad