Ottawa Senators send down Drake Batherson and Filip Chlapik to Belleville

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
[qdp]

Brown is a player who is used to dominate offensively. Bringing him up here only for him to be ineffective wouldn't be very positive.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Bath didn’t really have a good game, he was invisible except for 2 plays, which admittedly is twice as good as last game.

Chlapik was a complete no-show last night, unbelievable!

Send them both down to start winning.

I’d even like to send Bran down once Wolanin is back, but he’s actually been one of our best players so far, so he may stick for the season.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
What were you guys expecting ? I find it a bit concerning that there are some people who are angry or surprised on how bad we are ? Did you not see the roster before today ? We are clearly tanking. The kids will be sprinkled in here and there but the whole point of the vets is the take the full force grind of losing so many games

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
What were you guys expecting ? I find it a bit concerning that there are some people who are angry or surprised on how bad we are ? Did you not see the roster before today ? We are clearly tanking. The kids will be sprinkled in here and there but the whole point of the vets is the take the full force grind of losing so many games

We have a very vocal group of posters who love to spend their days just crapping over every single thing this team does.

Outrage culture knows no bounds.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
We have a very vocal group of posters who love to spend their days just crapping over every single thing this team does.

Outrage culture knows no bounds.
Dorion already f***ed the team by trading away Stone karlsson and duchene there should be zero reason why anyone should expect a last place team to all of a sudden be better

MatchesMalone

Formerly Innocent Bystander
Aug 29, 2010
Let's send down Batherson after he had a good game

He was dead last in the league in RelCF% after the first game. He was better the second game, moving up to sixth worst in the league.

Based on the eye test, he did have some good moments, and I don't expect he'll be down long. But he needs to be better and the team is sending a message.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
I don’t understand what the point of having them on your roster tonstart the season was if you are just sending them down after 2 games.
Same. As much as they struggled, I would of committed to 9 games, similar to a player getting a 9 game look before being sent back to junior.

Reactions: DrEasy

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Same. As much as they struggled, I would of committed to 9 games, similar to a player getting a 9 game look before being sent back to junior.
9 game looks are because once the player is loaned to jr you can't recall them.

These players could both be recalled tomorrow, and Euge saves some money by not having to pay for them today, if the team wants. They're free to move up and down however the team pleases.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
9 game looks are because once the player is loaned to jr you can't recall them.

These players could both be recalled tomorrow, and Euge saves some money by not having to pay for them today, if the team wants. They're free to move up and down however the team pleases.
Yes I am aware of the 9 game rule. I more meant if the decision was made for Batherson to make the team after a weak training camp, give him a month so see if he can find his groove. Don't send him down after 2 games.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrEasy

Artanis

Dec 1, 2011
Ottawa
Why send down Chlapik?... He actually had a good game I thought against the Leafs. So the years slogan is to watch 4~ kids now? This team is a disaster.

Reactions: czechcanadian

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON

I'll admit to holding out some false hope before the season started, but you're right - this roster is dreadful, and a last place finish is highly likely. Guys like Anisimov, Boro and Boedker wouldn't be in the NHL with any other team. The interesting part will come a year from now, once all those space fillers are gone and we have two shiny new first round picks in our organization. At that point, there will be a sliver of sunrise starting to show over the horizon. This year, though, is going to be dark AF...

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Send down Tack-chuk... the guy is the worst luck.

EVERY single game he scores in this year, we lose. It his totally his fault!!! It's so stupid that DJ plays him. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->