Ottawa Senators send down Drake Batherson and Filip Chlapik to Belleville

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I believe we are all looking for justification as to why these moves appear so ridiculous, but in hindsight, I think most members here agreed that none of the young guys stood out exceptionally vis a vis the other. It was obvious Brown, Batherson, Abramov, Chlapik and a few others all had relatively the same impact during camp and pre season.

I am not excusing the team and their decision making, however I tend to believe the coaches and management felt the same way about the young players which is why they are not giving much rope for one player over the other. This is proof that a guy like Logan Brown needs to zip it and just be patient because last week was proof that there is an ultra thin threshold between "making" the big club and being sent down.

Obviously the opportunity is limited and Batherson and Chlapik learned that the hard way. This should be a lesson for those in Belleville right now, to realize that they could be called up at any moment as long as they play hard and prove they deserve the next shot. I'm speculating that Abramov will also be given a short rope to work with, and if he does not impress, he will be sent right back down.

This entire season is going to be one big "pre-season" for this Senators team.

I think the two guys that stood out from the pack were Balcers and Abramov. With no injuries out of camp I suspect Batherson and Chalpik would have started in Belleville. Add in Wolanin and it seems to me that lately this is the Ottawa way: 3 roster players out to start the season.

Nice to Abramov healthy and ready to play.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yak

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad