GDT: Ottawa Senators at the Toronto Maple Leafs - 7PM - SN - Nightmare on Bay Street - Last Laughs of 2023

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Short summary of the game, I missed it
Started rough: some people saying this is the worst assembled team ever. Quietly turned into a good game after all star Kelly scored … and then there were 3 more unanswered goals.

Weaknesses: te still getting hemmed in their zone… poor passing at points, and poor defensive positioning

Highlights: Brady celebrating his goal

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
In the first the leafs were entering the zone with speed. Some adjustment must have been made, cause we didn't see that as much the rest of the game. More hitting would help slow them down. Greig and to a lesser extent Brady provide that from our top 9, but that's it. I need to see Norris engaging more, though I think he's still worried about his shoulder.

Reactions: armani and senswon

Senovision

May 23, 2011
Things I read on the Leafs board

Fire Keefe
Give Boucher the HC. He's innovative
Fire Shanahan
Cooper is auditioning for the Leafs HC job
No structure on D
Bad goaltending
And many references to Ottawa as a bottom feeder
Good summation. That is what I read too when I looked on their board.

Reactions: swiftwin

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
In the first the leafs were entering the zone with speed. Some adjustment must have been made, cause we didn't see that as much the rest of the game. More hitting would help slow them down. Greig and to a lesser extent Brady provide that from our top 9, but that's it. I need to see Norris engaging more, though I think he's still worried about his shoulder.

Leafs had a goal of not letting Norris get his one timer off on the PP last night. It worked. Norris moved a bit to adjust but credit Toronto, their PK Awad good last night

Things I read on the Leafs board

Fire Keefe
Give Boucher the HC. He's innovative
Fire Shanahan
Cooper is auditioning for the Leafs HC job
No structure on D
Bad goaltending
And many references to Ottawa as a bottom feeder

Leafs nation has another level of despair to get to when they have Mcdavid and Natthews on their lineup but they can’t beat Ottawa in the playoffs

Suck it Phaneuf!!!

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Started rough: some people saying this is the worst assembled team ever. Quietly turned into a good game after all star Kelly scored … and then there were 3 more unanswered goals.

Weaknesses: te still getting hemmed in their zone… poor passing at points, and poor defensive positioning

Highlights: Brady celebrating his goal
There was a lot less getting hemmed in the zone in the second vs the first.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I agree. A page has been turned. This is the first times Jacques hasn't blown a 2 goal lead. We are progressing forward! Exciting times!
1703776653283.png
1703776705749.png

Reactions: Loach and Bileur

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I know we've played some good teams and it's a small sample size, but pretty much all the standard advanced metrics that guys site are worse since Jacques took over. Much worse

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad