GDT: Ottawa Senators at the Toronto Maple Leafs - 7PM - SN - Nightmare on Bay Street - Last Laughs of 2023

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
So when he comes to the bench the coach coaches him.
amazing concept .. novel here

Genius.

Love Jacques Martin.
1703734420554.png

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Man, Bath is still such a good player. Love seeing his game lately. Slick slick hands and the kid has a great work ethic. Great hands, great vision, great shot.

He's improved so much from where he was at his draft. I think he's going to work his ass off to fix the mistakes and bounce back to form.

Sens With Benefits

Feb 4, 2010
Canada
Terrible first period. They’re lucky they were only down 2-0, Korpisalo made some great saves. His numbers don’t really show how good he’s been at times. Played great in the second, came out firing. Loved seeing Greig fight too. Batherson was elite, the moves he puts on for someone his size is pretty special. He’s showing another gear.

Reactions: LiseL

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
ugly game to watch.

thank god for korpi.
Korpi made some big saves but it seemed to me some of the biggest saves were actually made by the D clearing pucks from the blue ice with the yawning cage or deflecting pucks over the wide open net.

That's not to take away from Korpi who had a good game, but the team was putting in the second defensive effort to save some sure goals.

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
Yes agreed the Leafs should move out their core players. They will never win in the playoffs with their core.
Now as far as the Sens go just add a better 4th line player or two maybe internally. Have Pinto be back. Chabot back. Get rid of a couple of our soft dmen and add two big hard to play against dmen. Add one top six forward with some jam. And if Korpi can have more nights like this we should be alright.
The Sens core will be fine under new coaching. Our Sens core have a tonne of skill and talent.
Sure it has taken longer but that was because of our amateur GM and a meddling cheap owner. The Sens were a one step up, two steps back organization.
I think there's going to be a major shakeup in the offseason unless the team completely turns things around in the second half. Like two of Batherson/Norris/Chabot/Chychrun traded.

Senovision

May 23, 2011
I think there's going to be a major shakeup in the offseason unless the team completely turns things around in the second half. Like two of Batherson/Norris/Chabot/Chychrun traded.
Maybe 1 of those core players. But they would be really rolling the dice if they move "multiple" core players.

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
Maybe 1 of those core players. But they would be really rolling the dice if they moved several of the core players.
I know people are frustrated with Andlauer and Staios right now because they've been a bit deliberate. But I don't think they're the kinds of people to keep rolling back something that isn't working. If the team starts tightening things up under Martin with a bit of success, we might see the new GM tinker at the edges of the roster. If they don't, I expect major changes on the ice. Basically I think the next 50 games are the last chance for this iteration of the core to show that they should stay together.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Lagesson’s NHL fight card being Josh Anderson, Tim Stutzle and Ridly Greig will never not be funny to me.

• Haha
Reactions: gab6511

Race Dawg

Mar 10, 2023
Sunny Muskoka
Yes agreed the Leafs should move out their core players. They will never win in the playoffs with their core.
Now as far as the Sens go just add a better 4th line player or two maybe internally. Have Pinto be back. Chabot back. Get rid of a couple of our soft dmen and add two big hard to play against dmen. Add one top six forward with some jam. And if Korpi can have more nights like this we should be alright.
The Sens core will be fine under new coaching. Our Sens core have a tonne of skill and talent.
Sure it has taken longer but that was because of our amateur GM and a meddling cheap owner. The Sens were a one step up, two steps back organization.
Agree with 90% of this. We are way too soft on D. Gotta clear the front of the net a lot better and lay the body hard along the boards and let the other players hear foodsteps.

Anyways nice win tonight. Didn't look good to start. Leafs not going anywhere this season again lol

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Korpi made some big saves but it seemed to me some of the biggest saves were actually made by the D clearing pucks from the blue ice with the yawning cage or deflecting pucks over the wide open net.

That's not to take away from Korpi who had a good game, but the team was putting in the second defensive effort to save some sure goals.

ugly play is what led to those.

when play is down to multiple empty nets being blocked, its because there were massive breakdowns.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad