GDT: Ottawa Senators at Detroit Red Wings - 7PM - CITY / TVAS2 - Ridly me this, Catman! (Ridly Greig Returns to the Cat-house)

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I just took a visit to the wings board, the reactions are pretty much what you would expect from any fan base that loses a top player to a freak play, easier to accept if you blame someone. Having said that there are 3 or 4 “special” posters over there.

Agreed.

I'm still bitter over the Cooke stomp (and he 100% did it on purpose...I'll die on that hill), so I can empathize with them. Larkin is a good kid. But man, I'm starting to think he might have a glass jaw or some other underlying issue...and that is not a good thing in this sport.

We'd all be just as upset if it was Timmy laying on the ice. Better to let them vent and get it out of their system.

Reactions: Bileur

Joeffice

Mar 11, 2023
Regina
Allan Walsh is a farce, Boro was engaged with Malkin, Zub was like a kid watching TV on his coach that got hit with a stray bullet.

Let's take it up a notch. Zub was trying to keep people from getting to Larkin. He was literally the only one, and Perron tried to off him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Carl Karlsson

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

I get thinking Trouba deserved more but what the hell is Walsh complaint against the Perron suspension? Is Perron his client and he's losing money from this? Perron went in with clear intent on an unsuspecting Zub, Malkin situation is two guys engaged, he got high with his stick seemingly in an attempt to fend off Boro, 4 games seems appropriate, maybe a touch light.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Agreed.

I'm still bitter over the Cooke stomp (and he 100% did it on purpose...I'll die on that hill), so I can empathize with them. Larkin is a good kid. But man, I'm starting to think he might have a glass jaw or some other underlying issue...and that is not a good thing in this sport.

We'd all be just as upset if it was Timmy laying on the ice. Better to let them vent and get it out of their system.
Of course I'd be upset if Timmy was out cold but if Brady turned around and cross checked a guy in the head for it I wouldn't be cheering it on I'd call him a pos and hope he gets suspended. If Perron dropped his gloves or just started punching Zub I'd understand it, I'd be upset cause Zub didn't do anything but I'd understand it. Cross checking a guy in the head I do not understand.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008

I was going to suggest 6 games is overkill but if anything this video just shows how much damage perron could have done with that misdirected cheap shot.

I'm a "blame the action not the outcome" kind of guy. I thought Bertuzzi got railroaded for his dirty hit on Moore, and if moore had just stood up and skated away it might have been a barely notable roughing minor.

Guys need to know a bit better than to bring the stick up to the head like that.

Drop the gloves, Davey.

LmpwZw

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Agreed.

Cooke absolutely did on purpose. I don't think I've ever seen a player raise their skate like that to pin a player against the boards.

I really wanted someone to Evander Kane him again after that.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
I was going to suggest 6 games is overkill but if anything this video just shows how much damage perron could have done with that misdirected cheap shot.

I'm a "blame the action not the outcome" kind of guy. I thought Bertuzzi got railroaded for his dirty hit on Moore, and if moore had just stood up and skated away it might have been a barely notable roughing minor.

Guys need to know a bit better than to bring the stick up to the head like that.

Drop the gloves, Davey.

LmpwZw
Nailed it. If Zub had gotten seriously hurt, Perron would likely be done for the season, and that clip would make every major news network. I still don't understand how Zub wasn't hurt on that play, especially having just come back from a concussion.

Reactions: LiseL and dumbdick

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Agreed.

there is a difference b between venting and lying.

Reactions: Korpse

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Agreed.

I use Desiderata as my guide to dealing with stupid people.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Me too. Okay...no offence, but glad I'm not the only one.

PS

They can all eat shit and die. They're sadder than the Leafs morons.
Hahahah I love it tbh. Guy told me I had a victim complex I couldn't stop laughing. Glad they lost tonight.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Hahahah I love it tbh. Guy told me I had a victim complex I couldn't stop laughing. Glad they lost tonight.
I have a hard time with absolute imbeciles personally. It's cute if it's one or two, but the entire fanbase has shit for brains.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I don’t know about you but I’m terrified of these Red Wings:

Hey just shut up ok, just shut up….

That’ll teach em….

Pretty crazy rivalry brewing here. We have dominated them at crucial times over the last while, and knocking out their captain is just going to dump gas to that fire.

Looks like it’s going to be a treat to watch, and such an unexpected hate fest. Habs and leafs don’t touch it at the moment to be honest.

Reactions: Bileur

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad