GDT: Ottawa Senators at Detroit Red Wings - 7PM - CITY / TVAS2 - Ridly me this, Catman! (Ridly Greig Returns to the Cat-house)

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
The you tube doctor's explanation that explained Larkin's passing out was interesting

Lots of people discover thru high end athletics that they have medical conditions that they otherwise wouldn't have discovered

Assuming that's why he passed out, he's lucky because the consequences could have been far more severe. He was out cold and then pretty much up and at 'em. He could get clipped in the neck and be out cold and hit the boards or get head first into the ice.

If the you tube guy is right, and for sure the Detroit people will study this, they have to find a solution for this. And if they can't, Larkin may ultimately have to consider retirement

Reactions: Icelevel and Bileur

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
From the Wings boards this morning:

In a vacuum the suspension is fine but the league has already set a ridiculous precedent of not coming down on guys that six games looks stupidly harsh. On top of that the league has become wholly ineffective at policing the game that stuff like Perron (and Gudbranson's shellacking of Cousins) is going to slowly become more common place, imo, and is something I don't have a huge problem with if players are going to have to rely more on protecting themselves.

I'm also going to say that going after Joseph in two months is pointless. They need to target Stutzle.

Stu better be carefull
They are going to go after him hard

• Haha
Reactions: armani and Senscore

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Has anyone posted the YouTube Doctors explanation of the Larkin injury, that I posted earlier (page 47) on the Detroit board?

It pretty much shows that the “Hits” to the head, although not innocuous, but were much more glancing than direct hits to his head.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cosmix

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Has anyone posted the YouTube Doctors explanation of the Larkin injury, that I posted earlier, on the Detroit board?

It pretty much shows that the “Hits” to the head, although not innocuous, but were much more glancing than direct hits to his head.

Have at it. We'll wait here. Good luck.

Reactions: Dionysus

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

In a vacuum the suspension is fine but the league has already set a ridiculous precedent of not coming down on guys that six games looks stupidly harsh. On top of that the league has become wholly ineffective at policing the game that stuff like Perron (and Gudbranson's shellacking of Cousins) is going to slowly become more common place, imo, and is something I don't have a huge problem with if players are going to have to rely more on protecting themselves.

I'm also going to say that going after Joseph in two months is pointless. They need to target Stutzle.

Stu better be carefull

Do they even have any tough guys on that roster? Half the teams in the league don't have that kind of player anymore.

Reactions: Alex1234

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa

Stu better be carefull
I imagine the Wings players will try to play the Sens very physically next game. They just don't have the horses to play a very punishing game. Unless Derek Lalonde posted that, I don't think their game plan will be to kneecap Stu.

Reactions: Bileur and Alex1234

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa

Stu better be carefull

I don’t get the impression the players have the same view as their unhinged fans.

They’ll surely play physical but I doubt they’ll be trying to injure Stutzle.

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009

Stu better be carefull
Posted by a mod no less...

I love the way this rivalry is shaping up.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus

Stu better be carefull

Lots of Detroit Chicken Wings with sore butts this morning.

Perron is a loser and deserves more.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Has anyone posted the YouTube Doctors explanation of the Larkin injury, that I posted earlier (page 47) on the Detroit board?

It was on the mains thread, but never saw a wings fan comment on it.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Lol, no one's getting intimidated by anyone on the Wings roster. I'm confident Tkachuk could take care of the entire roster on his own

I'm sure too, and even though I think Klim Kostin is one of the least intimidating 230+ pounders out there, I still don't want Tkachuk fighting a 4th line scrub. 1st line wingers need to be spot pickers lol, not worth the risk.

Reactions: SpezDispenser

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I'm sure too, and even though I think Klim Kostin is one of the least intimidating 230+ pounders out there, I still don't want Tkachuk fighting a 4th line scrub. 1st line wingers need to be spot pickers lol, not worth the risk.
Can't argue

Reactions: h2

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018
What do they expect anyone on their roster to do to us? Have Debrincat cast some sort of leprechaun curse on Stutzle? The whole team is soft as f*** and apparently so are their fans.

• Haha
Reactions: SpezDispenser

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
What do they expect anyone on their roster to do to us? Have Debrincat cast some sort of leprechaun curse on Stutzle? The whole team is soft as f*** and apparently so are their fans.
Lol, leprechaun curse.

I'd 100% recommend they do nothing at all. Unless they want to be immortalized in another Tkachuk meme

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
As a Wings fan I don't think DET is planning on jumping Stützle, for crying out loud. Anyone that thinks Joesph hit to the neck/behind the ear area was 'glancing' and shouldn't hurt doesn't understand physics... I'm not sure Joesph even meant to hit Larkin like that, but still can't hit head/neck area and with him specifically it's been more than one time. Larkins already threw a hay-maker at him for high hits.

My GF immediately thought he passed out because she seen it in her work(Chiropractor) when someone's got their neck done and passed out from certain cracks/movements.

Wings will likely make Joesph droppem for that. It'll likely be Kostin, cause he's the only real physical player on the team outside of Seider and... Seider don't fight. I don't think Joesph can take Kostin... but whatever won't even matter. And that'll be that after. Anyone that's played higher hockey on here understand why.

JUST in the same breath I say that about Joesph... MacEwen or someone should be lined up for Perron, on the Senators for the same reasons. As a Wings fan I wasn't pumped to see what Perron did. Stick as a weapon is RIDCULOUS. I thought double digit games was in-order for his suspension. You guys gotta make him answer the bell.(imo).

This isn't going to evolve into the Red Wings/Avalanche rivalry, mostly because Joesph didn't do what he did maliciously, but... it is turning into a rivalry. Which is fun! ( I've been in the abiss for years as a Wings fan! )

Red Wings ARE NOT a big team. They aren't going to stroll in and try to bully anyone. Might be more physical and finish checks, but lets get realistic here. They ain't bully many.

Last edited:

h2

Mar 26, 2002
As a Wings fan I don't think DET is planning on jumping Stützle, for crying out loud. Anyone that thinks Joesph hit to the neck/behind the ear area was 'glancing' and shouldn't hurt doesn't understand physics... I'm not sure Joesph even meant to hit Larkin like that, but still can't hit head/neck area and with him specifically it's been more than one time. Larkins already threw a hay-maker at him for high hits.

My GF immediately thought he passed out because she seen it in her work(Chiropractor) when someone's got their neck done and passed out from certain cracks/movements.

Wings will likely make Joesph droppem for that. It'll likely be Kostin, cause he's the only real physical player on the team outside of Seider and... Seider don't fight. I don't think Joesph can take Kostin... but whatever won't even matter. And that'll be that after. Anyone that's played higher hockey on here understand why.

JUST in the same breath I say that about Joesph... MacEwen or someone should be lined up for Perron, on the Senators for the same reasons. As a Wings fan I wasn't pumped to see what Perron did. Stick as a weapon is RIDCULOUS. I thought double digit games was in-order for his suspension. You guys gotta make him answer the bell.(imo).

This isn't going to evolve into the Red Wings/Avalanche rivalry, mostly because Joesph didn't do what he did maliciously, but... it is turning into a rivalry. Which is fun! ( I've been in the abiss for years as a Wings fan! )

Red Wings ARE NOT a big team. They aren't going to stroll in and try to bully anyone. Might be more physical and finish checks, but lets get realistic here. They ain't bully many.

Pretty reasonable take all around.

Another rivalry is fun, these teams need to meet in the playoffs lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad