GDT: Ottawa Senators at Dallas Stars - 8PM - TSN5 / RDS - No worries. Everything is bigger in Texas, including slumps ...and Daddy is home.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Imagine how good this team would be if you f***ers in the stands weren’t so mean.
1702730783393.gif

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
It's still a young team but the problem is there's no progression, it's seems to me this team is stuck in neutral and they can't seem to get their shit together. You can't fired the players so the next best option is hiring new coaching staff now and give them the rest of the season to see what they can do with this bunch.
Problem is it's over
So they are going to play with no pressure and against back ups
So it won't reflect the real thing

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
geez, i love me a good goalie duel

So the additions of Leeder, Tierney, Alfredsson and Martin at not best in class?
Okay, so who should they have hired instead?

Patience is a virtue.

There is this thing called Waivers…. Do you not think at least one team might just put in a claim on him?
a claim on Forsberg? No.

scout20

Jul 21, 2022
So the additions of Leeder, Tierney, Alfredsson and Martin at not best in class?
Okay, so who should they have hired instead?

Patience is a virtue.

There is this thing called Waivers…. Do you not think at least one team might just put in a claim on him?
I do not think Forsberg would be claimed considering his play GA/3.23 ranked 40th & SV% 8.76 53rd in the NHL and considering his injury history i.e tearing MCL in both Kness. If is claimed you free up some cap space -call up Mads

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I don't understand how some in this fanbase seem to think an interim coach - something that has been common practice in this league for ages - is somehow impossible.

Y'all really think someone like Capuano or Payne would turn down the opportunity to get their foot back in the head coaching door?
Capuano should have been punted long ago, if hiring a new GM to hire coach then turf Cappy.

Last edited:

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
It’s amazing I didn’t feel even the least bit comfortable with any of our two goal leads, and when we fell behind in a blink of an eye with lots of time left I was resigned to a loss. Pavlov’s dog here.

I wish we had a stud prospect for the junior tourney, I could focus on that, but not this year.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
This is a classic case of the sum being less than the parts. You look at the individuals and think they should be better but they aren't. Something makes them dysfunctional.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
It’s amazing I didn’t feel even the least bit comfortable with any of our two goal leads, and when we fell behind in a blink of an eye with lots of time left I was resigned to a loss. Pavlov’s dog here.

I wish we had a stud prospect for the junior tourney, I could focus on that, but not this year.
Should have allowed 2, maaaaaaaaybe 3, goals against. Instead we got another putrid performance from Forsberg.

Reactions: Cosmix

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
This is a classic case of the sum being less than the parts. You look at the individuals and think they should be better but they aren't. Something makes them dysfunctional.
Is it ? I’m not so sure anymore.

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
Another Friday blowing a 2 goal lead on the road. Just unacceptable…first time all season we are 3 games below .500 I think so season officially getting away.

7 years without playoffs….

Reactions: Alex1234

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Doesn't matter anymore
They're fundamentally broken. I think we should consider them, if not in rebuilding, now in a retooling phase.

I would like to see a quality veteran coach. .. Give me Julien/Gallant/Roy now. Sign him to a 2 year deal. Put Redden and Sexton behind the bench with him for now

This team has weaknesses.. more news at 11. Staios and Andlauer have to bring in a GM or Staios will have to really step up to start the retooling process.

Be prepared to take a step back while the reset happens.

Move the players out that don't have a future. Try to acquire a couple NHL caliber worker bees on short term deals and get Kleven in. Find a solid defensive RD or move Guenette in. Sit Hamonic in the stands or get him to waive his NMC

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
He is, not sure about the other poster, guess because fighter, assumed slow.

Might be confusing him for Kastelic who isn’t the fleetest of foot to begin with and look a notch slower since coming back from injury.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad