GDT: Ottawa Senators at Dallas Stars - 8PM - TSN5 / RDS - No worries. Everything is bigger in Texas, including slumps ...and Daddy is home.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
It's a stalling tactic because the GM they want isn't available so they can't really replace the coach with someone long term.
So get an interim lol. You have to do something and that’s easiest.

You can’t tell the fans you’re throwing a whole season. We pay money for this shit. Some of us have already paid for it.

I wonder what it is exactly that Staios is still evaluating? How could it take anyone more than a few periods to realize what needs to be done? Here we are 25 games in or whatever the f*** it’s been.
I think the boys have told him not to fire DJ cuz it will hurt all their feelings and they’ll demand trades

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
So get an interim lol. You have to do something and that’s easiest.

You can’t tell the fans you’re throwing a whole season. We pay money for this shit. Some of us have already paid for it.

I think the boys have told him not to fire DJ cuz it will hurt all their feelings and they’ll demand trades
They don’t have a lot of options for replacing DJ

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
You know what’s starting to bother me. When they celebrate like jackasses after scoring. Shut the f*** up and move on. You’re probably going to lose the f***ing game. You score you go back to center
They’ve played too long for an organization and coach that doesn’t seem to value a winning culture that much. Can’t blame them.

Reactions: albator71

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I don't understand how some in this fanbase seem to think an interim coach - something that has been common practice in this league for ages - is somehow impossible.

Y'all really think someone like Capuano or Payne would turn down the opportunity to get their foot back in the head coaching door?
They definitely wouldn't turn it down but I think we should be the ones opening said coaching door for them.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I don't understand how some in this fanbase seem to think an interim coach - something that has been common practice in this league for ages - is somehow impossible.

Y'all really think someone like Capuano or Payne would turn down the opportunity to get their foot back in the head coaching door?
I don’t I’ve ever seen as much push back to letting a coach go as I’ve seen here to Dj Smith. Now I think everyone is on the same page tho

Reactions: Bileur

Oduyanow

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2017
Ottawa ON

Yeah, it’s like we’re trying to cure cancer here. “Too hard, can’t be done, ever !”

It’s only a flippin’ hockey coach for Pete’s sake.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Wow, that 3rd goal was a total back breaker and just awful to watch. 3 game losing streak now at a crucial point of the season. Really wasting those games in hand.

It didn’t take too long for Andlauer/Staios to realize how incompetent Dorion is, you have to think they know by now that DJ is well liked by the players but isn't the guy to lead this young team to a championship. The media has been talking about a coaching change her for a while now.

I would love to see a Julien/Martin/Alfie combo... That's literally the dream imo

The core guys seem to just never be held accountable. Really getting a country club college fraternity energy with this team. Party time is over, time to get serious. There's no excuse for constantly forcing the highlight reel play and not shooting the ****ing puck when you have the chance. The guys least responsible for this are probably Tkachuk and Norris who usually shoot when in a good position offensively. This team is already 4th in the league and shots and could be even higher if they stopped passing up prime chances. That's a good handful of extra goals.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
It’s too late

Keep him for the laugh and see if Giroux and Brady are still in love with DJ in february 27 games out of playoffs

• Haha
Reactions: SensHulk

Adrianopolous

Oct 5, 2017
Delray Beach, Florida
Our games in hand right here

Wow, that 3rd goal was a total back breaker and just awful to watch. 3 game losing streak now at a crucial point of the season. Really wasting those games in hand.

It didn’t take too long for Andlauer/Staios to realize how incompetent Dorion is, you have to think they know by now that DJ is well liked by the players but isn't the guy to lead this young team to a championship. The media has been talking about a coaching change her for a while now.

I would love to see a Julien/Martin/Alfie combo... That's literally the dream imo

The core guys seem to just never be held accountable. Really getting a country club college fraternity energy with this team. Party time is over, time to get serious. There's no excuse for constantly forcing the highlight reel play and not shooting the ****ing puck when you have the chance. The guys least responsible for this are probably Tkachuk and Norris who usually shoot when in a good position offensively. This team is already 4th in the league and shots and could be even higher if they stopped passing up prime chances. That's a good handful of extra goals.
"The core guys seem to just never be held accountable. Really getting a country club college fraternity energy with this team"

I've said this for years and have been laughed at by posters on here. I really don't like this core they seem so unserious to me. This is the NHL not some joke league..

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
This has been a build up for a long time. I am f***ing angry. We suffered through Melnyk and f***ing pathetic ownership ways for years now. This new owner promised best in class. I am not seeing that. I am seeing a terrible damn team whose youth is being wasted on a terrible coaching staff.

So the additions of Leeder, Tierney, Alfredsson and Martin at not best in class?
Okay, so who should they have hired instead?

Patience is a virtue.

If we are not going to fire the coach can we send Anton Forsberg down to AHL to find his game and Call-up Mads Sogaard. (GAA 2.72 SV% 9.16 in the AHL this year.)

There is this thing called Waivers…. Do you not think at least one team might just put in a claim on him?

Reactions: albator71

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
It's still a young team but the problem is there's no progression, it's seems to me this team is stuck in neutral and they can't seem to get their shit together. You can't fired the players so the next best option is hiring new coaching staff now and give them the rest of the season to see what they can do with this bunch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad