News Article: Ottawa 'reporter' refers to Subban as a 'Yard Ape'

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
Sad but true.

@jacktodd46:
Saddest part is that this clown just said on Twitter what some "analysts" on bigger platforms are thinking when they put P.K. down.

This. It's funny to me really, people try to deny it, but the criticism towards PK comes from another place...Part of it has to do with him being a Hab.....the other is...well..you know.

disgruntleddave

Aug 31, 2009
Canada
I was about to post something asking why this was offensive.

Then I re-read the title. At first I thought he called subban a "yard apple" and didn't think it was bad.

Price My Man Crush

Aug 27, 2011
Montréal
I now know a new word. :naughty: Not a big deal for me. Nobody knows him. Nobody cares of him. Of what he says. Of what he does.

He's still probably mad about the fact that Subban has outplayed Karlsson.

mikeo1

Jan 6, 2008
Vancouver
He could be racist, but he probably didn't know what it meant. He can't be that stupid.

I mean, he could be that stupid. But holy.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
Lets give him more attention!

Silence is his friend. When it comes to racism just like bullying, if you're a witness or victim, you have to speak up. With the "attention" he got, he'll probably be fired. If he was ignored, he'd do iy again and again until he faces consequences.

Strik_IX

No excuses!
Jun 11, 2007
Montréal
the real question: wtf is a yard-ape?? i have a yard. never seen an ape chill on it.

It's a reference to lawn statues of black kids fishing and the like. That's the yard part, the ape part I think we are all familiar with. The ******* who made this statement is now backtracking, but he knew exactly what he was saying at the time. Blaming his dad is just trying to find a somewhat PC way of justifying his hateful, idiotic comment.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
Reminds me of Howard Cosell's use of the term "little monkey" to describe football players.

"Look at that little monkey run"

Try that in todays world.

AcadiaAxeMan

Mar 10, 2002
Grande Prairie, AB
Visit site
I made a comment to Bruce Garrioch at the Ottawa Sun via twitter about my disgust of the ELLER pics and headlines in the Sun after Game 1. My Twitter avatar is of me in a "parka in an igloo" as I worked in the arctic ...his comments back were "Just come out of your cave" ..... I commented on that and was blocked from his twitter account ..... sounds like a few journalists from our nations capital need some "sensitivity training" .... (as do some everywhere!)

Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 4 May

@AcadiaAxeMan Did you just crawl out of your cave?
Expand

Don MacAskill ‏@AcadiaAxeMan 4 May

@SunGarrioch BTW it's a jepa (parka) and taken in an igloo - you disrespecting the Inuit now #whobelongsinacave #ottawasundisgrace

MyNameIsNobody*

Silence is his friend. When it comes to racism just like bullying, if you're a witness or victim, you have to speak up. With the "attention" he got, he'll probably be fired. If he was ignored, he'd do iy again and again until he faces consequences.

One day Subban will become captain of the montreal Canadians. I can't wait. This should boil those racists. Montreal LOVES Subban.

Ralph Malfredsson

PhD in indiscreet street haggling
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2008
He used a clear racist slur regarding Subban, regardless of intent. His so-called apology was weak sauce, instead calling upon the canard of "my dad said it, so I thought it was ok". He's a complete idiot.

Habsterix*

I so wish that Subban and others would start taking legal actions against those people, like Brian Burke is doing, to teach everyone a lesson. It's one thing to dislike someone, but defamation of character and racism goes too far.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
I made a comment to Bruce Garrioch at the Ottawa Sun via twitter about my disgust of the ELLER pics and headlines in the Sun after Game 1. My Twitter avatar is of me in a "parka in an igloo" as I worked in the arctic ...his comments back were "Just come out of your cave" ..... I commented on that and was blocked from his twitter account ..... sounds like a few journalists from our nations capital need some "sensitivity training" .... (as do some everywhere!)

Expand

@SunGarrioch BTW it's a jepa (parka) and taken in an igloo - you disrespecting the Inuit now #whobelongsinacave #ottawasundisgrace

Who cares?

Seriously, stop getting upset about useless things.

Pierre Dagenais

pissening
Jan 10, 2007
montreal

Expand

I think you're overreacting here

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
I so wish that Subban and others would start taking legal actions against those people, like Brian Burke is doing, to teach everyone a lesson. It's one thing to dislike someone, but defamation of character and racism goes too far.

Totally agree.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Reminds me of Howard Cosell's use of the term "little monkey" to describe football players.

"Look at that little monkey run"

Try that in todays world.

See, but Howard also used that term monkey to describe short stop Glen Hubbard in a ball game when he leaped up to snag a line drive. Glen is is pretty darn white. Context. Howard wasn't being racist, he was just using hyperbole and metaphors to paint an image in the viewers minds. No way Ali and Howard would have remained so close had he been racist.

Can't speak for this Ottawa guy though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1