Ottawa Fury FC 2014 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Attendance tonight was 3105, i did'nt think tonights game was exciting as last saturdays. Once Ottawa got the lead it was all over for Atlanta they had very little up front to worry the Ottawa defence. Ottawa should have could have scored more than the 2 goals they got. Still they are 8th overall and 8 points out of the last playoff spot.

FuriousSenator

Mar 18, 2011
Ottawa
Attendance tonight was 3105, i did'nt think tonights game was exciting as last saturdays. Once Ottawa got the lead it was all over for Atlanta they had very little up front to worry the Ottawa defence. Ottawa should have could have scored more than the 2 goals they got. Still they are 8th overall and 8 points out of the last playoff spot.

*sunday.

Also I'm kinda surprised at the low number. I was there and the crowd was very vocal and into the game so it felt like a much larger number (closer to what we saw on Sunday).

Great game by the Fury. Solid pace on the ball and it could very easily have been 4-0.

connor macdavid

Press Box Rat
Dec 24, 2008
Ottawa
*sunday.

Also I'm kinda surprised at the low number. I was there and the crowd was very vocal and into the game so it felt like a much larger number (closer to what we saw on Sunday).

Great game by the Fury. Solid pace on the ball and it could very easily have been 4-0.

I personally thought it was the best crowd yet at TD Place. Maybe the emotional, rowdy ending to the game had something to do with it, but I thought tonight's crowd was the most passionate in a while/ever.

Supporters section was fairly sparse but made a good amount of noise throughout.

Atlanta's franchise seems to be in shambles, as they've fallen all the way out of the playoff race which they had decent position in after the spring season.

Thought Oliver and Haworth were solid on the flanks tonight.

Marc was very professional in his post-match comments, and it was a very professional performance from his side - they took two of their chances in the opening half hour, and then sat on the game. Sure, they could've scored more, but Atlanta was never a threat.

Their top player, Kwadwo Poku, was noticeably agitated by the lack of service he got.

Here's a shameless plug of my match recap for furyfc.com.

Cheers :yo:

GimmeMyJetpack

Classless.
Jun 25, 2012
Ottawa
*sunday.

Aren't you in sectionW? It's always so loud there hard to ever tell what the hell the rest of the stadium is doing. Crowd looked sub 3000 to me, im sure 3100 is just the sold tickets probably more like 2800 or less actually at the game.

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
Well, they pulled out a draw in what looked like a lost cause.

Still, 1 point likely wasnt enough for them tonight. Their slim playoff hopes are slimmer. A LOT of promise for next season showing.

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
Only caught parts of it. All reports are it was their best showing all season. Saw the last minute goal. Cross in the 94th minute in off a thigh. A little bit of bad luck.

Eliminated from the playoffs now :(

Team shows a LOT of promise for next year though. Highly recommend getting out to one of their remaining home games. A lot of fun and a cheap afternoon!

FuriousSenator

Mar 18, 2011
Ottawa
Fury lose on a last minute goal (again) 2-1.

Eliminated from playoff contention.

Still a fine season and lot's to look forward to. If they can keep this core intact they will be very competitive next season.

Still 3 games left to play spoiler too!

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
I assume both players are free agents, as the European season is in full throttle, Marco Ramos has only played 5 games in the last 3 years, Laurent Lanteri, has played 42 games in the last 3 seasons. I think there are better players out there. I'm sure there are players in the NASL that would want to come and play for the Fury after seeing the facilities here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad