Ottawa Fury FC 2014 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
They dont have an easy schedule ahead. They will need a few upsets.

Minnesota (1st)
Atlanta (must win)
San Antonio (2nd)
New York (3rd)
Edmonton (must win)
Fort Lauderdale (must win)

If they get those 3 must wins that will put them at 31 points. Final playoff spot is sitting at 30 points right now.

They need at least 1 major upset and a draw in those 3 games against the top 3 teams. At least.

FuriousSenator

Mar 18, 2011
Ottawa
They dont have an easy schedule ahead. They will need a few upsets.

Minnesota (1st)
Atlanta (must win)
San Antonio (2nd)
New York (3rd)
Edmonton (must win)
Fort Lauderdale (must win)

If they get those 3 must wins that will put them at 31 points. Final playoff spot is sitting at 30 points right now.

They need at least 1 major upset and a draw in those 3 games against the top 3 teams. At least.

It's very doable. Win the next two and we're cooking. Both should be considered must wins by the coaching staff (probably are).

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Two trialists at training this morning - former #TFC forward Johann Smith & Christopher Bugay who most recently played w/ Fostiras in Greece

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
Honestly, I didnt follow the Fury in the fall. I thought the league was a joke. I got hooked after going to the friendly against the Rangers and have been a little rabid ever since.

FuriousSenator

Mar 18, 2011
Ottawa
Honestly, I didnt follow the Fury in the fall. I thought the league was a joke. I got hooked after going to the friendly against the Rangers and have been a little rabid ever since.

My mantra is that even though it's a second division league, if you understand or know soccer AT ALL you know that being second division by no means condemns you to minor league status.

Our roster is littered with high quality talent with top flight experience. Our captain Richie Ryan played for Sunderland in the EPL, keeper Peiser has about a decade of experience playing in Portugal's top division. Maykon who just left played in Champions League games, Ubiparipovic played for New York Red Bulls and Montreal Impact (MLS) and the list goes on etc... etc...

Having a pro soccer team opens up tons of opportunities for playing outside your division status too. Friendlies against big name clubs (Montreal Impact of the NASL vs AC Milan back in 08 anyone???) plus the Canadian Championship (how sweet would it be to knock off Toronto FC??!). Also if north America ever get's promotion and relegation you want to have a team in the mix for that. Finally you have a ton of second div teams moving up to MLS over the years (Montreal, Vancouver etc...) Just so much potential.

If you really look at it on paper, in a ton of ways the Fury are Ottawa's most important sports team if you can see it in the big picture. :nod:

FuriousSenator

Mar 18, 2011
Ottawa
It's a FURY FC GAMEDAY

Fury vs. Minnesota United @ TD Place (3:00 PM start).

Win this and we're back in the playoff picture big time. Seeing as the Redblacks are ***** come see if Ottawa can find a winner in footy. Should be a stellar game.

See you all there!

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Beautiful day, great game,too bad about the loss.

Both the Fury and the RedBlacks made too much fuss about not being expansion teams.

The are expansion team and it will take awhile but both have been competitive.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Very good game today, but the class difference in Minnie's team is obvious, they have forwards who can score, Ottawa had most of the play but could onlt get as far as the edge of the penalty area, Minnesota scored 3 goals on probably 4/5 chances, Ottawa scored 2 goals a penalty (finally) and a free kick, nothing from open play.
After the game it was good to see Minnesota's coach congratulating the Fury players and having a long talk with Mr. Pugh

FuriousSenator

Mar 18, 2011
Ottawa
Was there and had a great time despite the loss. Is there anything more fantastic than a cool sunny sunday afternoon at a beautiful outdoor stadium watching some footy? Can't ever be mad with a setting like that but still, really wish we'd been able to hold out for at least the draw. Would have done wonders for our playoff chances...:(

FuriousSenator

Mar 18, 2011
Ottawa
It's a FURY FC GAMEDAY!!

Fury's only midweek NASL game of the season against Atlanta Silverbacks at TD Place.

Kickoff @ 7:00PM EST

TV: Rogers 22
Online Stream: NASL Live
Radio: TSN 1200

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
I'll be there, but i doubt if there will be much of a crowd if they could only get 5,000 for the league leaders on a saturday, how many will show up on a wednesday for a bottom of the table batter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad