GDT: Ottawa @ Boston - SNET SENS - 7 EST - GLITTER PARTY

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Teams are going to have to start building their teams differently. If you want to win, you need to beat the best teams in your division. Which means we need to get bigger.

Or we can be small and speedy and talented and counter grit with skill and know the refs will have our backs come play-off time. :sarcasm:

What is incredibly frustrating is that we are always in the game against our division, but have zero luck when it comes to bounces, and the fact average goalies like Reimer and Khubodin become all-stars against us.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
All this talk about Playoffs, we haven't even clinched...still have Boston, Toronto, Washington twice, Pittsburgh...

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
47 saves and no star for Lehner. What a joke.

Both goalies should be a star in this game, IMO.

I don't mind this loss. Some defensive gaffs, but whatever. It happens. When we just don't get puck luck, I can't really be pissed.

I would be happy with a 6th place finish.... Lets keep that! :)

booger

Oct 5, 2009
Oakville
Teams are going to have to start building their teams differently. If you want to win, you need to beat the best teams in your division. Which means we need to get bigger.

Or we can be small and speedy and talented and counter grit with skill and know the refs will have our backs come play-off time. :sarcasm:

Aren't we already the fifth largest team by weight and third in height?

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
Maybe its because for the most part, their fans are classy in victory. Can you imagine the trolling if the Leafs, Habs, or Canucks owned us like they do?

Well fine, I have no ill-will toward their fanbase, but I hate that team and I hate our inability to ever win against them going back a good 5 or 6 or however many years. They have owned us a lot longer than they have been a force in the East.

Shec8576

Feb 14, 2013
Ottawa, Canada
One last thought before i get off the forums for the night. We need to constantly remind ourselves that we are missing a number one goalie, two top four d-men and two top six forwards.

I love the way this season has gone and we all gotta stay positive. Cheers.

HockeySens

Feb 22, 2013
0 - 2 - 2

Dude must be frustrated, I know I would be.

THought it was just me, I feel bad for lehner, the real binghamton senators wudve won all those games if lehner had those save percentages

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
All this talk about Playoffs, we haven't even clinched...still have Boston, Toronto, Washington twice, Pittsburgh...

Which is why Murray has to provide this group with some help on this road trip. I know people don't want us to give away any prospects but if we want to assure ourselves a trip to the post-season a top-6 forward would likely do the trick imo.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Well, I don't think the points matter in this one. Seeing such a good effort after that stinker on Saturday was a great sign. It would have been easy for Ottawa to roll over - first game on a long road trip, playing against a team they never beat, crashing back to earth after Saturday - but they didn't take the easy way out.

This team has the heart of a champion.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Well, lose on Friday and all of a sudden we could see ourselves sliding out of the top 6 if teams behind us start heating up.
Sens home record: 13-3-3
Sens away record: 6-8-3

Anyone that was paying attention to this team knew that this road trip was going to be tough. Basically, they just need to keep their head above water, and grind out ~0.500 record and then close out the season at home as well as they have all season and they'll make the playoffs.

With our injuries this season, that's about all you can hope for really.

Bazel5

Apr 4, 2011
Not mad at all about this one. The boys were pretty much in it the whole game with more and better scoring opportunities even though they led us in shots.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
We didn't lose cause of our injures nor did we lost cause we didn't have good scoring forwards.

We lost cause of lucky bounces.

That literally is it.

We hit the post a couple times and the puck trickled inches away 3-4 times past the net.

Lehner was un****ingbelievable. He made 2-3 absolutely marvelous saves. The one on Seguin's breakaway was disgusting.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Is it okay to say that Greening had a very good game? He had a goal made some good hits, knocked Bergeron out of the game with an accidental forearm & made some good plays offensively & defensively. He is always involved in the play at both ends.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Is it okay to say that Greening had a very good game? He had a goal made some good hits, knocked Bergeron out of the game with an accidental forearm & made some good plays offensively & defensively. He is always involved in the play at both ends.

Greening has been consistently good since he was scratched. You can tell he cares on every shift out there. You need Greenings in the playoffs.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011

I agree with all of this except the last sentence. To me, he disappears sometimes. Still a fan of his, and until someone better comes along he's the winger on Spezza and Michalek's line IMO.

Greening is ALWAYS better after he's been scratched. It's kind of weird.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Greening is really picking it up. 3 goals last 4 games.

He is on pace for near .5 ppg season. For a guy who plays his role who's still learning to use all his tools and the fact he started off weak, is huge.

I don't move Greening at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad