GDT: Ottawa @ Boston - SNET SENS - 7 EST - GLITTER PARTY

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
Is it okay to say that Greening had a very good game? He had a goal made some good hits, knocked Bergeron out of the game with an accidental forearm & made some good plays offensively & defensively. He is always involved in the play at both ends.

For sure. That's why he was on the ice for the last minute of the game.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I like Greening a lot. He's humble, smart, cheap and very effective for what he's asked to do.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
It seems like P Mac is finding ways to get the best out of him. Which is great. Really the only knock on Greening is his consistency. When he's on his game, like tonight, what's not to love?

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Hoffman got hurt?

Missed the game, I decided to catch up on a TV show that I hadn't seen the shortened second season of (Jericho, it's pretty damn good cable TV) and got sucked in

Glad to hear the boys played well but I was not surprised to find out we lost :(

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Was definitely impressed with Greening today. The whole line was buzzing all night. Hoffman had some great shifts as well, too bad he got hurt. Hopefully it's nothing serious.

Turris and Wiercioch, the gym buddies, need to hit that gym more often again it seems.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Which is why Murray has to provide this group with some help on this road trip. I know people don't want us to give away any prospects but if we want to assure ourselves a trip to the post-season a top-6 forward would likely do the trick imo.

Who is out there, that is not a rental?

Oct 10, 2010
Couldn't catch the game, but looks like Lehner did all he could to get a win! It's too bad we couldn't help him out much.

Btw, when's the future? Andy will never have more value than this off season!

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Who is out there, that is not a rental?

Pominville. Although I know it will take a lot to get Regier to trade him to the same division. It's still possible given our prospect pool. It would be worth it though as Pominville would be deadly on our top-6 for years to come if we could re-sign him when his current contract ends in 2015.

take a peek

Mar 4, 2007
We never get any luck against the Bruins. All in all Sens played a good game.

Lehner!! pretty clear to me he is the guy for the future, would not be upset at all losing Bishop.

Mclean really really likes to put guys out again after a bad play, probably good for confidence but sometimes I'm left wondering...seriously going back with Gryba again?!

How come Weircioch played so little, didn't notice specific bad plays or injury? just protecting him?

Turris needs to have a big game soon to get his confidence going. When he is sure of himself he plays so much different, now he is not skating as much and always looking for some long pass.

Smith needs to simplify his game, thinks he is Datsyuk out there sometimes.

Silfverbergs luck has to start going his way, so many chances just a little off...maybe nervous, maybe just bad luck...he is going to be beauty though.

Zibanejad is awesome and so is Alfie.

Greening had a good game, looking good lately, if only he could bring it like this regularly, would like to see him silf and zib for a game.

This team needs a big game to re-up the all around confidence, even before the losses were not playing very well. Got a chance for that to happen against some weaker teams, problem is that those teams always play well this time of year when pressure is off.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
How come Weircioch played so little, didn't notice specific bad plays or injury? just protecting him?

Turris needs to have a big game soon to get his confidence going. When he is sure of himself he plays so much different, now he is not skating as much and always looking for some long pass.

About Wiercoch, he looked a little lazy and definitely looked disinterested on the first goal Boston scored. He probably didn't play with a compete level that Maclean expects from his kids so he was benched.

About Turris, some people are unnecessarily hard on this guy. Tonight, if you watched the game closely, Boston keyed in on him and Alfredsson all night. They had home ice and used last change to match up their shut down pair against them. Not only that, those complaining about his face-off percentage, the Bruins are the best at face-offs. Bergeron's skill there could get him into the HOF.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
It seems like P Mac is finding ways to get the best out of him. Which is great. Really the only knock on Greening is his consistency. When he's on his game, like tonight, what's not to love?

Consistency is the enemy of every hockey player, you hear every coaches constantly talk about players being consistent especially young players. Sometimes it's also getting the bounces & in some games nothing goes right while in other games nothing goes wrong.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
We've had difficulty with our breakout in the last 2 games.

Not sure if our opposition know not to pressure the boards anymore and stand about 3-5 feet off to intercept the pass to the forward in the zone.

To be honest though, Ottawa played good enough to win. We had some bad luck with pucks drifting by posts, and tips not working.

We made mistakes in the past two games which are particularly glaring since we've gone mistake-free for so many games this year.

Hopefully Anderson can return and give the team a bit of a boost and a momentum shift.

Oyabun

Dec 29, 2009
Not mad at all about this one. The boys were pretty much in it the whole game with more and better scoring opportunities even though they led us in shots.

I agree, with one exception. I thought Boston had the better scoring chances, their shots were nearer the goal, the sens had a decent number of soft pucks thrown on goal and shots taken further away. That makes the loss a bit easier to accept but man they deserved 1 point after that performance. Normally I'm not one to say "there's no shame in losing" but I think you can say that after this match.

Didn't Karlsson and Spezza stand for 30-something% of the team's goalproduction ?. It's really impressive how this team has risen to the occasion when they have so many guys on the injurylist.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad