Ottawa 67's 2021-22 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
With the Minnesota wild interested in Eichel do you think Rossi would be a good part of the deal pairing him with Quinn at the NHL level could be interesting.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Still no news on Moldenhauer signing, Boyd said he was meeting with him and his family last week. At least we should have some clarity on Gaidamack next week ( has not officially signed to my knowledge). If the poles make two picks he's likely not coming.

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
Still no news on Moldenhauer signing, Boyd said he was meeting with him and his family last week. At least we should have some clarity on Gaidamack next week ( has not officially signed to my knowledge). If the poles make two picks he's likely not coming.
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">2020 CHL 1st round draft selected player Vsevolod Gaidamak signs with Ottawa 67’s. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/WeAreGoldStar?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#WeAreGoldStar</a>! <a href="https://t.co/BiZP3yuXL6">pic.twitter.com/BiZP3yuXL6</a></p>&mdash; Dan Milstein-Hockey (@HockeyAgent1) <a href="">July 2, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">2020 CHL 1st round draft selected player Vsevolod Gaidamak signs with Ottawa 67’s. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/WeAreGoldStar?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#WeAreGoldStar</a>! <a href="https://t.co/BiZP3yuXL6">pic.twitter.com/BiZP3yuXL6</a></p>&mdash; Dan Milstein-Hockey (@HockeyAgent1) <a href="">July 2, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Yes i remember seeing that pre-pandemic shutdown but to my knowledge it was never officially announced by the 67's. Wondering if the kid having played in Russia last year if he is still coming??

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013

If I am Moldenhauer I am not interested in signing with anyone at this time.

He still does not know when the OHL will return or if it will.
There are no guarantees as to anything north of the border.

He does however, know where he fits into the Chicago steel organization and I am sure while universities can not officially talk to him after going 33 points in 13 games and being a start of the national tournament they have spoken to the family.

The last thing he will want to do is sign his name to anything that takes away his ability t lay and perform.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
If I am Moldenhauer I am not interested in signing with anyone at this time.

He still does not know when the OHL will return or if it will.
There are no guarantees as to anything north of the border.

He does however, know where he fits into the Chicago steel organization and I am sure while universities can not officially talk to him after going 33 points in 13 games and being a start of the national tournament they have spoken to the family.

The last thing he will want to do is sign his name to anything that takes away his ability t lay and perform.

Does he know where he fits with the Chicago Steel? Last year he was a brief callup when they had several players out of the lineup. It's not like he made the team as a 16 year old.

I agree though that there is zero sense for him to make any decisions. He should wait as long as he can to make a decision and see what transpires. That said, I think everyone is reasonably confident we will be playing in front of fans in October. Even New York has lifted all their restrictions and the Blue Jays are playing with a full and unencumbered stadium in Buffalo as of this week. It will be pretty hard for Ontario to justify 4 months from now that that still isn't possible here.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Does he know where he fits with the Chicago Steel? Last year he was a brief callup when they had several players out of the lineup. It's not like he made the team as a 16 year old.

I agree though that there is zero sense for him to make any decisions. He should wait as long as he can to make a decision and see what transpires. That said, I think everyone is reasonably confident we will be playing in front of fans in October. Even New York has lifted all their restrictions and the Blue Jays are playing with a full and unencumbered stadium in Buffalo as of this week. It will be pretty hard for Ontario to justify 4 months from now that that still isn't possible here.

Yeah I would think it would be difficult to justify not being open BUT then again the border restriction has to be lifted as well.

The big concern is going to be will the casual fan trust and have faith come to the games.

It will also be interesting to see what happens now that NCAA players have to be paid or treated as paid players since the Supremem ruling

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Yeah I would think it would be difficult to justify not being open BUT then again the border restriction has to be lifted as well.

The big concern is going to be will the casual fan trust and have faith come to the games.

It will also be interesting to see what happens now that NCAA players have to be paid or treated as paid players since the Supremem ruling

Yeah, we'll have to see how that affects things. I'll have to see the fine print of the ruling because there's a lot of sports that are starved for funding and if they need to pay students for all sports, I can see certain programs completely shut down.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
67s open season against the Frontenacs in Kingston on Oct. 08 and home opener is Oct. 10 at home against the Fronts. Full schedule to come out tomorrow.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Based on what I am reading, the NCAA schools wouldn't have to pay athletes other than education but the ruling potentially opens the door for Congress to legislate the ability of College athletes to sign personal endoresements using their own personal likeness including social media and online oppotunities.

This is still probably years away from becoming a reality and only top flight athletes in high profile sports would be able to take advantage. I'm not too sure this would change the mind of any 16 year old hockey players.

It would also not likely open the door for OHL players moving to NCAA either. The legislation would be unlikley to address that.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Based on what I am reading, the NCAA schools wouldn't have to pay athletes other than education but the ruling potentially opens the door for Congress to legislate the ability of College athletes to sign personal endoresements using their own personal likeness including social media and online oppotunities.

This is still probably years away from becoming a reality and only top flight athletes in high profile sports would be able to take advantage. I'm not too sure this would change the mind of any 16 year old hockey players.

It would also not likely open the door for OHL players moving to NCAA either. The legislation would be unlikley to address that.

I am thinking that it may change the 48-hour rule in camps. That is what really hurts guys trying out and the team from offering a contract.

It also may make it easier for the team to draft a player even though he says he is thinking about NCAA.

again only time will tell.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I am thinking that it may change the 48-hour rule in camps. That is what really hurts guys trying out and the team from offering a contract.

It also may make it easier for the team to draft a player even though he says he is thinking about NCAA.

again only time will tell.

I don't think so. This is mostly about players making $$$ on their likeness and having sponsorship deals while in College. This is not about being compensated FOR their work as an athlete.

In other words, the players don't get a salary or wage for actually playing which will likely be legislated as constituting professional designation. It should not change how NCAA treats CHL players as "paid" athletes.

It will only allow for players to make money on the side based on their name.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Looking forward to the import draft tomorrow. Hopefully Boyd picks another Rossi out of his ha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad