Ottawa 67's 2021-22 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Next year we are going to have to find 3 places in the line up for draftees. I will guess that it would be 2 forwards and a D.

Losing Varga and Johnson would mean that most of the returning players will be safe.

The defence we could have some difficulty.

Consider this lineup of returning/signed/committed players:

Johnston - Tolnai (OA) - Sirizzotti
Beck - Gaidamak - Stonehouse
Pinelli - Barlas - Rohrer
Gerrior - Laforme - Gardiner
Dever - Foster

Belanger (OA) - Matier
Sawyer - Gill-Shane
Smyth - Sirman
Mayich - Ewles

Cranley (OA)
Donoso
MacKenzie

We have a full lineup with 5 spares next year. Add to that the two first rounders that will get a spot as well as likely two 2nd rounders that will fight for a spot. That is potentially 9 players not in the starting lineup.

Decisions are going to be made at some point.

Reactions: sirius67fan

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Consider this lineup of returning/signed/committed players:

We have a full lineup with 5 spares next year. Add to that the two first rounders that will get a spot as well as likely two 2nd rounders that will fight for a spot. That is potentially 9 players not in the starting lineup.

Decisions are going to be made at some point.

The only thing I can see is that we may have to make some 2 for one trades.

It is definitely going to be interesting and I think a lot of teams will be in the same boat.
I can see Boyd getting a lot of phone calls about Belanger and Constantini.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
The only thing I can see is that we may have to make some 2 for one trades.

It is definitely going to be interesting and I think a lot of teams will be in the same boat.
I can see Boyd getting a lot of phone calls about Belanger and Constantini.

I disagree with the 2 for 1 trades (for the younger guys). Those are typically few and far between. It is more likely they manage to move a couple players for mid-late round picks.

But, I do agree with the trades involving our 19 year olds. I don’t know if the management team has a strong sense of who they want back next season as OA’s but I imagine it will be one of Belanger or Costantini, not both.

It is unlikely they will have any time to further evaluate Robinson. I know there are some fans that are sort of fed up with his antics but maybe he just needs to find that fine lien that he is crossing and stop crossing it. I don’t have a sense of whether he can do it. I am pretty sure the coaching staff does have a strong sense though.

I’d imagine if he is still on the roster post-deadline, it is likely because they see him back as a potential OA. That also means they sense he has it in him to alter his game in the ways necessary. We also need to remember that he has missed so much time that it is hard to have lofty expectations so soon. I am interested to see how he is able to alter his game in the second half if he has that opportunity.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
I think that trade with Kingston for Belanger or Constantini would be interesting and we know that Kingston is always willing to give up good players.

The other unknown is Beck will he be eligible to play AHL next year and if so where does he fit in Calgary's plans and will he be back.

As to Robinson if he is still here I think it will be because no one wants him or a good deal could not be made. I think next year he and Laforme will be playing for their lives at training camp if they are here.

Anyway enough about the future next year.

Who do you see being the STUD that shows up a different player after the break?
What rookie is ging to shine?

Reactions: OMG67

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
I think that trade with Kingston for Belanger or Constantini would be interesting and we know that Kingston is always willing to give up good players.

The other unknown is Beck will he be eligible to play AHL next year and if so where does he fit in Calgary's plans and will he be back.

As to Robinson if he is still here I think it will be because no one wants him or a good deal could not be made. I think next year he and Laforme will be playing for their lives at training camp if they are here.

It's nhl or ohl for Beck....so he's back!

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

Constantini being a RD makes sense for Kingston, imo; if the price for J.Thompson is prohibitive.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY SAFE NEW YEAR TO ALL

Here is hoping that 2022 is more fun than 2021 was.

2 things I want from Santa.

1. a competitive and enjoyable year for the 67's
2. More importantly the referees keep their whistle in their pocket and leave OMG alone.
Right back at you Beast. Merry x-mas and a happy new year fellow posters.

Reactions: ottsabrefan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad