Ottawa 67's 2020 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Does Ottawa take a flyer on Fantilli if he is still available?

He won't be available.

The rumours floating around right now are he has a few teams that may be able to entice him to play. He won't get past #5 I don't think. To be honest, I doubt he gets past Niagara.

Reactions: the dog

three dog night

May 3, 2014
He won't be available.

The rumours floating around right now are he has a few teams that may be able to entice him to play. He won't get past #5 I don't think. To be honest, I doubt he gets past Niagara.
Niagara not picking him

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
With four 2nd round picks and two 3rd round picks, I could see the Senators pick Dylan Peterson a little earlier than projection. He really fits their profile needs.

He hasn’t really developed well. It could be more because of his big 6’4” Frame and it tends to take the big guys a little longer to develop these days with the game changing to smaller and faster.

I am not sure going to Boston College is a good move for his hockey career. I se him riding a heck of a lot of pine next season while he continues to mature.

If he does get drafted early, I could see a team really put pressure on him to develop in the OHL where he’d get a little more time and space and build confidence.

HE may need to decide if he wants a hockey career or an education a little sooner than he thought.

Reactions: sirius67fan

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Mock draft by a Petes newspaper based n what they are hearing has us picking

Donovan McCoy, D, Quinte Red Devils

As to Fantilli I hope that he is not drafted. But then again a team like Kingston may be able to offer him a chance to play with Wright who is a buddy.

I can not see any of the early teams taking a flyer on him unless as OMG said they have a deal in place like Kingston did with London for Domi.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
It is funny we talk about Rossi having an edge because of his age and skill set. Quinn is actually older than Rossi. No, I am not saying he has the skillset but you never know. Remember everyone thought Monahan would be back. If Quinn gets drafted by the right team he may surprise us and that would definitely not be good.

Hoelscher will have a pretty good idea of what is happening after the draft and rookie evaluations. It will depend on who invites him to camp and what they have.
As OMG said a lot is going to depend on who invites him and what their farm team looks like. For those that know the players is he more inclined to play ECHL or come back and play OA and do the uni root?

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
suggestion for a CHL RULE.

If a player commits either verbally or in writing to an AMERICAN team he is automatically removed from the draft list of that year and is unsignable by any CHL teams. He is, however, eligible to enter the draft the following year if he changes his mind but must go to the team that drafts him.

Does this seem like a fair rule? It removes all the BS of threatening weaker teams to get what you want in the draft later.

I would call it the BONNIE RULE as she is the one that started this crap.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
suggestion for a CHL RULE.

If a player commits either verbally or in writing to an AMERICAN team he is automatically removed from the draft list of that year and is unsignable by any CHL teams. He is, however, eligible to enter the draft the following year if he changes his mind but must go to the team that drafts him.

Does this seem like a fair rule? It removes all the BS of threatening weaker teams to get what you want in the draft later.

I would call it the BONNIE RULE as she is the one that started this crap.

There is no way to win that battle. Players will not make anything public and will just work the game behind the scenes.

The reality is, the compensation that is in place now is adequate. If, in fact, Fantilli wants to go to Kitchener, he'll go to Kitchener but the Rangers will have to opay four 2nds and two 3rds to acquire him and the team that drafted him will get the compensatory first the following year.
It is now just part of the game. Teams that know they can't sign him play the game too. They feel the compensation for the defected player outweighs the value of the pick itself so who's getting hurt?

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Beast....

The difference between Rossi and Hoelscher is Rossi will go to Europe to play pro with ease if he doesn't play NHL. Hoelscher still has his rights held by NJ. They have until June 1 to sign a contract. If not, he goes back in the draft.

If he doesn't sign and doesn't get picked, I think his chances of playing for the 67s next year go up. If all NHL teams pass him over in the draft, he will only get a PTO and he'll have to perform to make an AHL team.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Moldenhauer, NicholasRW5.09.7515405/25/2004Toronto Titans MMAAAGTHL
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

SeasonLeagueTeamGPGAPTS+/-PIMPPGSHG
20 PlayoffsGTHLmnToronto Titans7639 4
'19-20 SeasonGTHLmnToronto Titans32221638 6
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
I like the pick of Moldenhauer, he's ranked quite high on both lists that I've seen.

Hoping they get Delic or Wakely or Carson Christy with their next pick to play Center! If they go D, Isaiah George is still there.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
226Ottawa
From Hamilton
Stonehouse, BradyRW5.08.7516708/06/2004Elgin-Middlesex Chiefs MMAAAMHAO
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

SeasonLeagueTeamGPGAPTS+/-PIMPPGSHG
20 PlayoffsAliMinElgin-Middlesex16151429 8
'19-20 SeasonGOJHLKomoka3224 400
'19-20 SeasonAliMinElgin-Middlesex32223254 26
'18-19 SeasonAliMinChatham6112 6
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
It took the Poles a long time to make their pick in round 2. ME thinks they were on the phone with someone trying to get a commitment. Looks like they couldn’t get it so Stonehouse becomes the #14 RW on the depth chart next year.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Beast....

The difference between Rossi and Hoelscher is Rossi will go to Europe to play pro with ease if he doesn't play NHL. Hoelscher still has his rights held by NJ. They have until June 1 to sign a contract. If not, he goes back in the draft.

If he doesn't sign and doesn't get picked, I think his chances of playing for the 67s next year go up. If all NHL teams pass him over in the draft, he will only get a PTO and he'll have to perform to make an AHL team.

OMG who was the D that spent the season on a PTO (?) in SJ

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
It took the Poles a long time to make their pick in round 2. ME thinks they were on the phone with someone trying to get a commitment. Looks like they couldn’t get it so Stonehouse becomes the #14 RW on the depth chart next year.
maybe or they went BPA? I am surprised they didn't go center with their second pick with Wakely/Delic available. Boyd did say before the draft that because of their depth they had the luxury not to pick for need. Stonehouse is a left shot so may end up on left wing?

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
maybe or they went BPA? I am surprised they didn't go center with their second pick with Wakely/Delic available. Boyd did say before the draft that because of their depth they had the luxury not to pick for need. Stonehouse is a left shot so may end up on left wing?

Hence the reason why I think they were on the horn trying to get a player like Delic to commit to Ottawa. After that player said NO, they went best available, as they should, and took Stonehouse.

Delic was rated easily top 10. HE has other plans. Sudbury took him a few picks later but I doubt he shows up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad