Ottawa 67's 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
As long as we're speculating here's a few theories. Keats wants to return home for his OA year. Rossi also wants to go home, to Italy! Quinn a typical teenager wants to get away from his parents. Hoelscher wants to go to London cause everybody does. Finally Bitten wants to be moved to Flint where it all began for the family!

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
On another note, we're losing a lot of our leadership group from last year. For this year I think the obbvious captain is Keating. Does the dirty work, takes a beating in the dirty areas and tough as nails. I see Rossi, Bahl and Rippon as the alternates. Did not include Hoef as not 100% sure he's back.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
OMG I was basing my comment on the p[ost about Gilmour coming to Ottawa. I take it that wa wishful thinking on a Sag fan mind

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
I would expect the team to go without a captain.

OMG one guy that might want a trade would be Tolnai depending on what they have planned for him. He may want to go to a team where he is not under the Rossi umbrella. Then again a lot of scouts will be watching Rossi so they will also be able to see him.

Hard to say

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I would expect the team to go without a captain.

OMG one guy that might want a trade would be Tolnai depending on what they have planned for him. He may want to go to a team where he is not under the Rossi umbrella. Then again a lot of scouts will be watching Rossi so they will also be able to see him.

Hard to say

We'll see soon enough I guess.

ETA 2000 Fan

Apr 16, 2015
I would expect the team to go without a captain

Tourigny seems to have that as a part of his culture. That and the no 'hotdog' numbers (except Clarke and Bahl - and Mikey of course - who had their jersey numbers in their contracts). Everyone between 1-30 or 31, which is difficult with a couple of retired numbers and often 25+ players suiting up over the season (last season 30).

PuckStop75

Feb 21, 2019
Tourigny seems to have that as a part of his culture. That and the no 'hotdog' numbers (except Clarke and Bahl - and Mikey of course - who had their jersey numbers in their contracts). Everyone between 1-30 or 31, which is difficult with a couple of retired numbers and often 25+ players suiting up over the season (last season 30).
Its a control thing with the numbers - childish really but its they way he does it. As far as a captain goes, the theory is they should all be leaders, and I don't really see anything changing with that this year. Naturally Bahl will lead things with the defensive group, and hopefully someone steps up on forward to fill the void left by Chmelevski. Hoelscher is a logical person to step into the spot, he's been to a couple NHL camps now and should really be able to guide things as far as the Pro way of doing things. It would be nice to see Bitten show his maturity this way a little also, he's a key piece to the teams success this year IMO, very unfortunate that he didn't go to an NHL development camp this summer, hopefully he's not the player looking to get out.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Puckstopper there is also a cost to the jersey's. Having special jerseys is something that can be added to a negotiation.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
The fact that a team does not allow special jersey numbers was one of the things that was used when negotiating contracts with players.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
The fact that a team does not allow special jersey numbers was one of the things that was used when negotiating contracts with players.

Yes, and teams walked away from high draft picks to protect the dignity of numbers 1 through 31.....

No one really cares. It’s not like teams order sets of jerseys through #31 anymore.

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Yes, and teams walked away from high draft picks to protect the dignity of numbers 1 through 31.....

No one really cares. It’s not like teams order sets of jerseys through #31 anymore.
I believe that is why Gretzky never lasted with the Petes and ended up in the Soo!
:sarcasm::D

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Things must have come to a real bump in the road as people are now discussing Jersey numbers.

Time for training camp to get started so some real hockey related issues can be debated.

Reactions: sirius67fan

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Things must have come to a real bump in the road as people are now discussing Jersey numbers.

Time for training camp to get started so some real hockey related issues can be debated.

So judgemental! :teach2:

Training camp will be much adieu about nothing. I'm pretty sure this team is set in stone once all the boys are back from camp. It will be more a matter of who is playing where and with whom.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Well things are getting pretty stale when all that is being discussed are Jersey concerns.

Get rolling training camp so some team personnel debates can get initiated.

Reactions: BarberPole9

PuckStop75

Feb 21, 2019
things kinda went tangent off the primary discussion as far as who would be the caption and assistants, if any are going to be assigned this year. Still believe Bahl and Hoelscher will be the leaders and would really like to see Bitten or Clarke step up and use some of their experience, if either of these guys really want to progress to the next level they need to expand their game and personalities around the rink that way.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Based on returning players, this is how I see the team out of camp once all players return.

Top 6:
Rossi
Hoelscher
Quinn
Clarke
Bitten
Keating

Bottom 6:
Tolnai
Crete
Yule
Beck
Sirizzotti
Johnston

Defence:
Hoefenmeyer
Bahl
Rippon
Okhotyuk
Peric
Belanger
Wilson
Matier

Goaltender:
Andree
Cranley

ETA eluded to one of the top 6 demanding a trade. We also have word Peric has demanded a trade. So, we should see some movement soon.

Two OA D-Men in Hoef and Wilsin is a bad mix so if both return, I can see Wilson getting an opportunity elsewhere.

Once the dust settles on those two potential deals plus the OA situation on D being resolved, we will have a better idea of what the roster will look like.

IMO, the bottom six is pretty weak. I think Tolnai and Crete at centre is fine but the wingers are pretty green. Yule may make a step forward though. Both Beck and Johnston are pretty small so they will need a good half season to adjust to the speed etc.

So, internally, I don't see this being a very competitive camp for what you would consider starting forward spots. We may see a couple guys hit the ice early as place holders but once everyone is back from camps and that roster shuffle takes place, they will be gone.

Reactions: BarberPole9

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
I believe that is why Gretzky never lasted with the Petes and ended up in the Soo!
:sarcasm::D

Wayne Gretzky played 3 games for the Peterborough Petes as an affiliated player before he was drafted by the Sault Ste Marie Greyhounds. He never was Petes
property. Him and his family wanted him to be drafted by the Petes in the the OHA. In fact they indicated that choice prior to the draft. He ended being drafted by Sault Ste Marie. Gretzky actually wanted to wear #9 for the Greyhounds, but it was already worn by a veteran player. As a result he chose two 9s instead and thus he started wearing #99.

Last edited:

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
ETA was right as he always is. Sam Bitten's requesting a trade seems very odd as he was a bilingual, local player whose brother was rumoured to want back to Ottawa after the Flint affair a couple years ago. Coach Tourigny has often praised Sam.

Sam seems like a great kid and I wish him all the best in Sarnia.

The team really, really needs to add an impact forward up front, or hope that Tolnai, Crete or Yule have a big jump this year.

Robray12

Jun 6, 2011
Ottawa
Well I’m not surprised they have started to make space in order to acquire at least two top forwards.
I was disappointed that Maggio is gone.
The next moves I see are Yule, Wilson and I’m not sure Crete will crack the line up this year.
We have a lot of talent chomping to get a chance.
I also wouldn’t be shocked if Tolnai was traded , he hasn’t shown me much in his first year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad