Ottawa 67's 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Watch it be for Peric.

It would sort of be funny if it was. I am not sure the depth chart there is much better than here! There are at least three guys ahead of him and I am sure they will want to give Moore serious minutes so maybe even four ahead of him.

If we trade Wilson to free up an OA spot for a forward, there would be four guys ahead of him in Ottawa but he’d still get 2nd unit PP time.

His stats were stunted by injuries but regardless, both Beck and Johnston are natural LW. Now with Robinson, that is three relative rookies lining up on the left side. Not a big deal but not a player that will fill a top 6 role I don’t think. He’ll probably play beside Tolnai if Cam is the third line centre.

If it is Peric (straight up), it would be a good deal I think. MAy not look great this season but going forward I think it will be fruitful, especially considering it was a trade request. We’ll see.

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
Oshawa looks to be very light on OA candidates. I wouldn't be surprised if Ottawa moved Wilson + pick for him or the Peric straight up deal. If it's a pick only deal, the more I think about it, the Matt Maggio vs 2 x 2nd rounders might be the comp.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Oshawa looks to be very light on OA candidates. I wouldn't be surprised if Ottawa moved Wilson + pick for him or the Peric straight up deal. If it's a pick only deal, the more I think about it, the Matt Maggio vs 2 x 2nd rounders might be the comp.

I can’t see it. If this is in fact the year to “go for it” I can’t see them using picks on prospect type players. We’ll see though.

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
I can’t see it. If this is in fact the year to “go for it” I can’t see them using picks on prospect type players. We’ll see though.

Maybe they have been listening to OMG and have decided to push the all in back until next year!

Reactions: OMG67

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Maybe they have been listening to OMG and have decided to push the all in back until next year!

Devil's advocate...

He'd potentially be a good trade chip for a team that definitly needs a skater included in a trade, similar to last year with Owen Sound. He'd be expendable potentially.

Robray12

Jun 6, 2011
Ottawa
Looks to me like it is a Maggio replacement, I say picks in return no player lost from us.
Peric will go for OA and draft pick for sure. Sad to see him go but that’s hockey. Just try to make it work for both parties.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Looks to me like it is a Maggio replacement, I say picks in return no player lost from us.
Peric will go for OA and draft pick for sure. Sad to see him go but that’s hockey. Just try to make it work for both parties.

Of course, I don't know for sure but this "seems" to be a perfect fit for Peric trade. Two players wanting a change of scenery for their development. At this time of year, it is a common type of trade.

The OA's can always be acquired for picks. That is very standard so I wouldn't worry about needing Peric for that type of deal.

Robray12

Jun 6, 2011
Ottawa
We should go after Merkley if we want to make a run at the cup.
Very skilled D and we could offer Peric and picks easily.

Robray12

Jun 6, 2011
Ottawa
Well we have plenty of nine offensive d to cover up his lapses in defence
Also there is a small window I believe before Tourigny moves up to the pros so I think we make the most out of these next two years

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Semyon Der-Arguchintsevwants out of Peterborough. Interesting but not something 67 can use unless they do a 3 way.

The last thing we need on this team is another defenceman at this stage. Let's see who is hereafter camp and how they are playing. I am thinking that Bahl may get a couple of NHL games before he comes back.

Robinson would give us 5 LW I see him competing with Beck for the 3rd line position also Johnston will be in that mix so it would be interesting. Also not sure how much ice time Robinson got in Oshawa last year.

Anyone heard if hoef got an invite to a pro camp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad