Ottawa 67's 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
As an eternal optimist for the 67's, maybe losing these games is a good thing. Let's be real- this team is going to win the regular season barring a major collapse. There's no sense in peaking too early, nor is there in panicking over two losses where we outshot the opposition. Coach Tourigny is an exceptional leader and motivator for these young men- I am sure that he has already given lessons on moving forward from these games.

As an aside, Cam Tolnai was fantastic yesterday- he set up three or four very good scoring chances. It's good to see his game grow.

LolaT200

Feb 10, 2020
The disparity between the Eastern Conference and Western Conference became crystal clear on the weekend.
67s could not win against either western team. Not even the 5th place western team (Windsor). 67s would be middle of the pack team in the west. Scouts who have loaded the first round of the 2020 draft with 67s players based on amazing stats against lesser competition should be having some second thoughts.

Reactions: East Avenue Bully

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
The disparity between the Eastern Conference and Western Conference became crystal clear on the weekend.
67s could not win against either western team. Not even the 5th place western team (Windsor). 67s would be middle of the pack team in the west. Scouts who have loaded the first round of the 2020 draft with 67s players based on amazing stats against lesser competition should be having some second thoughts.

Ottawa is 14-4-1 against the West for a .763 Win%. That would put them in first place in the Western Conference. The last remaining game Ottawa still has to play is against the Greyhounds. A win there puts them at .775 against the West overall. That’s not all that far below their .818 win% overall. It is not like they are dominating the East and shitting the bed against the West.

You can look at two games or you can look at 19 games. If the West is so damned good, and the 67’s so average, how did they manage to win so much?

I suggest you try not to embarrass yourself further by trying to answer that question.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Wow, you should think before you post your unintelligent/lack of knowledge hockey comments.

I am sure glad you are not the head scout for my team if this is how you evaluate talent.

A couple of hot goalies and the 67s might as well end their season now due to a couple of close losses. Did you see the games or do you just go by what the outcome was? Sure makes me wonder.

Last edited:

Robray12

Jun 6, 2011
Ottawa
Really the guys rationale is the 67s lost to a lower rank team so therefore they aren't that good......
Wow wow wow .....
Peterborough beat us so I guess his rationale is that they should be first place ...or maybe Windsor since they beat us in overtime....0

SidSixpointSeven

Nov 1, 2019
Technically, according to the current standings, every team that beats us is a "lower ranked team" :sarcasm:

Obviously a disgruntled Western Conference fan who's team won't be making the play-offs.

Reactions: 67hockeyfan

67hockeyfan

Sep 30, 2017
My biggest concern from the weekend isn’t that we lost 2 games (5 goals vs 4 wasn’t exactly a blowout), but that we went 0-for-9 on the Power Play. Even 1 or 2 PP goals would have made the difference. For those who were at the games, what the heck is going on with our much-vaunted PP?

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
My biggest concern from the weekend isn’t that we lost 2 games (5 goals vs 4 wasn’t exactly a blowout), but that we went 0-for-9 on the Power Play. Even 1 or 2 PP goals would have made the difference. For those who were at the games, what the heck is going on with our much-vaunted PP?

Special teams tend to cycle a bit. Sometimes a team will go 5 for 7 on the power play then 0 for 9. It is still 5 for 16 which is 31% if you put the two together.

If you read into comments, it looks like Clarke may return this weekend. If so, he should help in that regard. I’m more interested to see the line configurations when he does come back. Will Tourigny juggle them or simply insert him on the 2nd or 3rd line and call it a day?

SidSixpointSeven

Nov 1, 2019

Windsor played a very disciplined PK, didn't chase/run around and was very good at clogging up the front of the net - they also blocked a ton of shots. For their part the 67's missed the net a lot and/or fired a lot of shots into traffic that never ended up getting through. They also didn't seem to be moving the puck around as quickly and as crisply as I've seen in the past - which wasn't helped by some ill timed passes and bad bounces.

I only saw parts of Sunday's game on TV, but it looked like they were moving the puck much better and generating more quality chances - unfortunately, pucks just weren't going in.

All of this is "fixable" and I think they'll eventually get it turned back around (hopefully this weekend). Also agree that if they score one or two power play goals during either of those games, they probably end up winning one (or both) of them.

Reactions: 67hockeyfan

ChurchOfAlfie

Dec 4, 2016
I noticed that for at least the last few weeks, Rossi has shifted from the left half wall to the right on the power play. Anyone know why? It coincides with the PP struggling, and special teams have been costing us lately. Hope they switch him back to where he was dominant before.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I noticed that for at least the last few weeks, Rossi has shifted from the left half wall to the right on the power play. Anyone know why? It coincides with the PP struggling, and special teams have been costing us lately. Hope they switch him back to where he was dominant before.

The previous setup would have Rossi make the pass cross crease to the one timer on the right side. Teams had caught on and started to close that lane.

The switch may have something to do with that. Puting him back on the left wall may not have an impact against the stronger teams.

All that said, it seems like they are not as consistently fluid with their puck movement lately.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
ERQZOagWAAMc_Zs

NoQuit67s

Feb 10, 2020
Wow...
No Hoef or Okhotyuk.... ???
Four 16 year olds on Défense, two more at forward…

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Hoffenmeier did not make the trip, Okhotyukk not playing, 4 rookie defencemen for the 67,s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad