Ottawa 67's 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Tolnai had a good game.

I’ve sort of been on his case this season. I have to admit, he’s been more consistent. We are starting to see him gain much needed separation. He isn’t making all his plays in traffic like we’ve seen his whole career. He’s starting to gain that half step and that extra room will allow him to make more plays.

Don’t get carried away here though. He’s been good defensively for the most part so he’s contributed regardless but if when Clarke comes back and he lines up with Tolnai, we could see him starting to feed a sniper. I’d be very interested to see if those two could develop chemistry.

Reactions: 67hockeyfan

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Tolnai had a good game.

I’ve sort of been on his case this season. I have to admit, he’s been more consistent. We are starting to see him gain much needed separation. He isn’t making all his plays in traffic like we’ve seen his whole career. He’s starting to gain that half step and that extra room will allow him to make more plays.

Don’t get carried away here though. He’s been good defensively for the most part so he’s contributed regardless but if when Clarke comes back and he lines up with Tolnai, we could see him starting to feed a sniper. I’d be very interested to see if those two could develop chemistry.
Beat me to the punch OMG and I agree he's been looking good the last few games, way more confident with the puck and remains good defensively. As you said it would be huge if he's turning a corner especially if him and Clarke can give us that third line scoring. Wonder if they should also give him another shot on left wing with Quinn/Hoelscher?

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
It was an awful hit. Lucky that Russell wasn't seriously injured. The worst part was that it was malicious.
Yeah it was a bad hit which is out of character for him. He's a tough player who is physical but his hits are generally legal. Don't know what was up with him and Bahl in that game but they both seemed pis...off for some reason. Rippon probably gone for 5-8 games imo. Deserves it.

Reactions: BarberPole9

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Beat me to the punch OMG and I agree he's been looking good the last few games, way more confident with the puck and remains good defensively. As you said it would be huge if he's turning a corner especially if him and Clarke can give us that third line scoring. Wonder if they should also give him another shot on left wing with Quinn/Hoelscher?

With out lack of depth down the middle, we cannot have Tourigny as the 3rd line centre. Can't put Tolnai anywhere else to be honest.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
With out lack of depth down the middle, we cannot have Tourigny as the 3rd line centre. Can't put Tolnai anywhere else to be honest.
yes you're probably right. On another note have you noticed that we've all been talking about Quinn's tremendous improvement but in the last 7-8 games he's added physicality to his game, he's just been punishing people. He's becoming such a complete player and now also has an edge to him. Wow.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
He’ll be an interesting player next year. Can he do the types of things Quinn has done the last two seasons? Let’s hope so.
It would be great if he's the second coming of Quinn but I doubt lightning strikes twice. I'd be happy if he is 2/3 of Quinn. I'm also starting to think he might not give us a boost only next year but maybe in the playoffs in a bottom 6 role. He's played way more hockey than Johnston, Crete etc and his probably more confident at this point. Maybe I'm being overly optimistic but you never know.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
It would be great if he's the second coming of Quinn but I doubt lightning strikes twice. I'd be happy if he is 2/3 of Quinn. I'm also starting to think he might not give us a boost only next year but maybe in the playoffs in a bottom 6 role. He's played way more hockey than Johnston, Crete etc and his probably more confident at this point. Maybe I'm being overly optimistic but you never know.

He’s a natural RW. With Garreffa, Quinn, and Clarke ahead of him, it will be tough. Plus you have Varga also on the right side.

Even if he shifts to the left side, you have Keating and Beck that would be ahead of him. Plus, Belanger has been playing beside Hoelscher.

To me, if he comes up at the end of his season and gets an opportunity, it would have to be supplanting Belanger on the 2nd line and see if he can roll with it. Or, push Beck back up with Hoelscher and Quinn and put Sirizzotti with Tolnai and Clarke. That may be interesting too.

The one thing we need to remember is it is good to add to the offence but not if it means sacrificing the defence. That is the one area we are not entirely sure he is ready for. HE’s putting up significant points as a 16 year old in a league usually dominated by 19 and 20 year olds but if he is in a run and gun type offence, who knows how prepared he will be to fit int this system in Ottawa. We do know he can skate in it through.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
They are playing like a tired team today. Effort is there but no spark at all. Oups as I'm writting this 1-0 wolves.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Really not sure why they disallowed it. Was there a bit of contact, yes but Keats was out of the circle and the goalie initiated it by coming out imo. Bad call certainly not blatant and it needs to be to overturn the call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad