Ottawa 67's 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
enalty
3RD 1:36
#27 Jack Matier Cross Checking Minor 2:00
Penalty
#27 Jack Matier Fight-Inst. Upon Major 5:00
Penalty
#7 Simon Rose Instigator Minor 2:00
Penalty
#7 Simon Rose Fighting Major 5:00
Penalty
#7 Simon Rose 10-Min. Misc. Misconduct
Penalty
3RD 1:57
#88 Kevin Bahl Check from Behind. Served by Alec BelangerMinor 2:00
Penalty
#88 Kevin Bahl 10-Min. Misc. Misconduct
Penalty
#6 Merrick Rippon Fighting. Served by Felix-Antoine TourignyMajor 5:00Power Play
Penalty
#6 Merrick Rippon Check From Behind. Served by Felix-Antoine TourignyMajor 5:00Power Play
Penalty
#6 Merrick Rippon Game Misc-Agg. Game Misconduct
Penalty
#6 Merrick Rippon Game Misc-CFB Game Misconduct
Penalty
#21 Brandon Coe Roughing Minor 2:00

Knights2729

Oct 24, 2016
London
To be clear, Ottawa is still the team to beat.

Peterborough, like Guelph last year, is not consistent. But, they are better than every other team when they play their "A" game.

The first line has been more of a power play line lately. Their 5 on 5 work hasn't been as consistent as it was earlier, at least against the stronger teams. This is why I suggest maybe moving some parts around a bit. See what happens. With Clarke coming back, it may provide enough depth to stretch out to three lines:

Maybe not so much.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Open letter to Mr Bahl and Mr Rippon
Gentlemen
We entered this game with four rookie defensemen and two veteran leaders. Those leaders proceeded to take themselves out of the game through selfish and undisciplined play. Yes its only one game which means little in the standings but you let your teamates down badly tonight and you should apologize to them. Going forward we need you on the ice and to control yourselves if we are to be contenders once the real season starts. Sweet dreams gentlemen and tomorrow is another day who will be better if lessons are learned

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
Glad that I didn't order this game! As stated before, every team will have a dog performance- other than in the first two weeks of the season, pre-Gareffa this team has somehow managed to avoid one. Good for NB- a hard working team that hasn't given up on a tough season.

No Hoefenmayer and Okhotyuk hurt really bad on the back end- hopefully that's not a sneak peak of next year. At one point with Rippon, Matier and Bahl in the penalty box, our D core consisted of Costantini, Sawyer and Gill-Shane whose combined ages are less than 50.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
L
O
L

Looking at the 67’s running around tonight was like watching an Episode of Benny Hill!

Belanger will have to drop back to defence while Rippon sits out his suspension. HE’ll be lucky if it remains as just two games.

Best 67’s player tonight was Tommy Johnston.

Someone suggested the Flu is running through the room? I have proof. I’m pretty sure the team shit their pants.

Reactions: Bra Wavers

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Maybe not so much.

London lost to North Bay and Sarnia in the same week!

“Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work.”

I wonder if that is still on the dressing room wall. If it isn’t, maybe it should be put back up.

Knights2729

Oct 24, 2016
London
London lost to North Bay and Sarnia in the same week!

“Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work.”

I wonder if that is still on the dressing room wall. If it isn’t, maybe it should be put back up.

Very true, London also had key players out those two games. Foudy, McMichael, Regula and didnt have Wilms or Phillips as of yet but ok. You win lol

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
"Embarassing" for the team's overall effort, unsportsmanlike antics of a couple of vets and the inability to up their level of competitiveness.

Going to be a discouraging weekend for the team's followers if this fiasco continues.

I hope this is not the sign of the times when we are missing a couple of our veteran leaders.

Oh well I guess we have to move on and see what tonight brings.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Very true, London also had key players out those two games. Foudy, McMichael, Regula and didnt have Wilms or Phillips as of yet but ok. You win lol

Yes, and the 67s had Hoefenmayer, Okhotyuk, and Clarke out.

Regardless of the roster deletions, both Ottawa and London have zero excuses losing to teams like Sarnia and North Bay.

"Allegedly" Ottawa has the flu running through the room right now. Maybe that is just a convenient excuse. Who knows.

The reality is, almost every team will go through a rough patch for various reasons. Sometimes the reason is boredom or disinterest.

They became unhinged last night. We'll see if they have blood in their eyes tonight in SSM.

ecraigs

Sponsor
Dec 6, 2013
After a great year of great hockey, the team has hit that wall. Call it flu or lack of discipline or just mid-season malaise, they've lost three in a row and played lousy the game before that. I had grandkids duty last night, so I didn't see any of the game, but it sounds like it was brutal and unhinged. Against Mississauga, Windsor, and London, they played motivated teams that had a plan and executed it very well. Clog up the passing lanes and force long-range shots with no rebounds. Far too much peripheral play and bad defensive play. I have every confidence that the players and coaches will work through this, but it is definitely ugly.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
ERVehjPUEAANQ2x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad