Ottawa 67's 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

67hockeyfan

Sep 30, 2017
Cranley looked a little rattled after the 2nd goal (wraparound), but he seems to have settled down making a couple of nice glove saves. Team is playing OK, but still a little disjointed up front.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
OTTAWA 4, KINGSTON 2
The Kingston Frontenacs took out a 2-0 lead but that’s all the offence they’d manage as the Ottawa 67’s roared back for a 4-2 road win. San Jose Sharks prospect Sasha Chmelevski and Washington Capitals second round pick Kody Clark each scored twice while Tye Felhaber and Marco Rossi each tallied two assists. The 67’s were backstopped by rookie goaltender Will Cranley who stopped 25 of the 27 shots he faced. Matt Hotchkiss and newcomer Ian Derungs lit the lamp for the Frontenacs while Brendan Bonello made 25 saves in the loss.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
D2Hoefenmayer, Noel - A01+1100/0
LW4Yule, Quinn000100/0
D6Rippon, Merrick00+1200/0
C8Chmelevski, Sasha - A2004014/23
C9Keating, Austen000221/1
C10Tolnai, Cameron *00-1105/8
LW11Losev, Seva000100/0
RW16Maggio, Matthew *000000/0
D18Wilson, Hudson000200/0
C20Rossi, Marco *02+2205/10
C21Crete, Yanic *000023/8
RW22Quinn, Jack *000300/0
D24Peric, Lucas000100/0
D26Belanger, Alec *000200/0
D28Okhotyuk, Nikita000120/0
RW29Felhaber, Tye - A020100/0
RW71Clark, Kody20+1220/0
RW92Clarke, Graeme00-1240/0
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Ottawa Goalies

Kingston Penalty Shots

#Player#GoaliePeriodTimeResult
16Larabie, Paul31Cranley, Will2nd7:23Save
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Player
MinSAV/SOGInOut
Cranley, Will60:00/21st/0:003rd/20:00
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
The team that played Kingston looks like the line up we will go with. Does anyone know who played with who as to lines? Seems we have to have Centers playing wing.

Just looked at the Windsor line up they are going with just the Euro. I would think that any deal would have to include a goalie. Could be interesting.

Last edited:

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Decided to make the drive to Cornwall for this afternoon, just can't wait for hockey anymore. Will try to post comments tonight for those interested in my humble non expert opinions.

ETA 2000 Fan

Apr 16, 2015
The team that played Kingston looks like the line up we will go with. Does anyone know who played with who as to lines? Seems we have to have Centers playing wing.

Just looked at the Windsor line up they are going with just the Euro. I would think that any deal would have to include a goalie. Could be interesting.

Lines in Kingston were:
Yule-Rossi-Quinn (started)
Felhaber-Chmelevski-Clarke
Tolnai-Keating-Clark
Maggio-Crete-Losev
Hoffenmayer-Peric (started)
Rippon-Okhotyuk
Wilson-Belanger
Cranley (started)
Andree

This is not "the line up we will go with" as Hoelscher, Bitten, Bahl and Robertson, all of whom played in Sudbury, were not in Kingston.

In both Sudbury and Kingston games, Tourigny flipped one player from each line for the third periods to get a different look.

Hoffenmayer, Rippon, Boomhower, Chmelevski and Keating not making the trip to Cornwall. Boomhower has not played as yet.

ETA 2000 Fan

Apr 16, 2015
FWIW goaltending-wise, Andree was outstanding in Sudbury, stopping 38 of 39 (many from the perimeter). The only Sudbury goal came on a 5-on-3. Cranley looked a tad shaky (2 goals in 5 shots) to begin in Kingston then settled in nicely, stopping 25 of 27 including a penalty shot.

67hockeyfan

Sep 30, 2017
FWIW goaltending-wise, Andree was outstanding in Sudbury, stopping 38 of 39 (many from the perimeter). The only Sudbury goal came on a 5-on-3. Cranley looked a tad shaky (2 goals in 5 shots) to begin in Kingston then settled in nicely, stopping 25 of 27 including a penalty shot.
So far, so good. Beats the 3-ring goalie circus we had last year; none of them could get into a rythym at the start of the season.

Hopefully, Andrée and Cranley can remain solid through the pre-season and make a positive impact at the start of the regular season.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
67"s go 3 for 3 in pre-season games. 67's win 3-2 in a shootout, with Rookies Rossi and Tolnai scoring in regulation time.

Reactions: VimyRidge

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Andree has looked really good for you guys so far, might not be the goalie you want going the other ay for Depietro;)

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Agree with ETA post that Andree looked quite good today and way more confident in net. Very good in shootout. However too early to annoint him imo. Although he did make a few good saves our D was quite good at limiting chances, see more comments below.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Comments from the game today
Rossi is the real deal, electric. Best rookie I've seen since TK. Should fit right away in top 6. The thing that impressed me most are his defensive awareness and despite being 5'9" was very strong on the puck, always came out with it. I was skeptical about starting him at center but not anymore. We lucked out getting this kid.
Other players that looked good include Quinn, k. Clark and Bitten up front. On D Bahl was a wall and both Peric and Belanger looked good. Both calm with the puck and great skaters. Peric in particular showed incredible speed to close on a guy on a partial break. Our D looked very good even with Hoef and Rippon not playing. I guess the experience is showing. Will be hard to find icetime for all these guys.
On the negative side Felhaber looked bored and had a few ,lets not get hit, moments. But just the preseason. Crete looks a year away likely going to cchl. Losev and Yule looked ok, good 4th liners.
Made sure to look at Maggio, intriguing kid. Good skater not afraid to get in there but will need time. Early but seemed borderline to maybe playing tier two for a year. We will see.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
One guy I forgot to comment on was Tolnai. Good size and good hockey sense always well positioned. Did well on face offs (as did Hoelscher). Needs to improve his first step. Reminds me a bit of Ryan Martindale in his first year. Will benefit from easing in with 3rd/4th line minutes.

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
One guy I forgot to comment on was Tolnai. Did well on face offs (as did Hoelscher). Needs to improve his first step. Reminds me a bit of Ryan Martindale in his first year. Will benefit from easing in with 3rd/4th line minutes.

He's 7/20 (35.0%) on draws in the pre-season

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I think LongBalls is right when he says Bitten-Rossi-Quinn is a line.

We also have seen Tolnai quite a bit on the left wing, not at centre. I think this is just to get him better linemates. He will return to centre the 4th line I think

If these stay pretty solid, would we see the following lines:

Keating-Hoelscher-Clark
Bitten-Rossi-Quinn
Yule-Tolnai-Maggio
Crete and Losev stick around through NHL camps. Boomhower is traded asap/

The defense is probably untouched. They keep the 8 guys through NHL camps. We’ll see what happens after DiPietro is returned from Vancouver. It seems most likely a D-Man is moved if a body does move.

Although I have posted these lines, personally, I would rather see Keating and Felhaber switch up. I know Felhaber and Chmelevski and Felhaber have chemistry but Kewating and Hoelscher don’t. I’d be interested to see if Felhaber can add that extra punch beside Hoelscher. Keating and Chmelevski did well the season before last.

Kenny Chu

Aug 19, 2018
I think LongBalls is right when he says Bitten-Rossi-Quinn is a line.

We also have seen Tolnai quite a bit on the left wing, not at centre. I think this is just to get him better linemates. He will return to centre the 4th line I think

If these stay pretty solid, would we see the following lines:

Keating-Hoelscher-Clark
Bitten-Rossi-Quinn
Yule-Tolnai-Maggio
Crete and Losev stick around through NHL camps. Boomhower is traded asap/

The defense is probably untouched. They keep the 8 guys through NHL camps. We’ll see what happens after DiPietro is returned from Vancouver. It seems most likely a D-Man is moved if a body does move.

Although I have posted these lines, personally, I would rather see Keating and Felhaber switch up. I know Felhaber and Chmelevski and Felhaber have chemistry but Kewating and Hoelscher don’t. I’d be interested to see if Felhaber can add that extra punch beside Hoelscher. Keating and Chmelevski did well the season before last.[/QUOT

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
It's odd that Boomhower hasn't gotten into a game yet and it will be tough for him to unseat any of the team's top 9, so a trade would probably make sense for both the team and player.

When they acquired him along with Rippon and Cascagnette, there was a conditional 5th for 2019 that somebody tied to him playing an OA year. If the team trades him, do they still have to pay that 5th if he plays in the league?

The Defence is so loaded that I'd worry about somebody asking for a trade- it doesn't seem like there will be enough minutes to go around once everybody is returned from NHL camps.

All in all, with the deep group of players and picks this team could go on a nice run for the next few years!

Reactions: sirius67fan

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
Les 67’s remplissent leurs promesses

It sounds like Crete will play for Hawkesbury but practice with the team and that Belanger is still very much in the mix to make the team. Is there any way that the team will carry 8 defencemen?

They are also comfortable starting with the Goalie duo, at least to start the year.

67hockeyfan

Sep 30, 2017
It's odd that Boomhower hasn't gotten into a game yet and it will be tough for him to unseat any of the team's top 9, so a trade would probably make sense for both the team and player.

When they acquired him along with Rippon and Cascagnette, there was a conditional 5th for 2019 that somebody tied to him playing an OA year. If the team trades him, do they still have to pay that 5th if he plays in the league?

Boomhower apparently sustained a minor upper body injury in practice, so I wouldn’t read too much into the fact that he hasn’t seen much game action.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Boomhower apparently sustained a minor upper body injury in practice, so I wouldn’t read too much into the fact that he hasn’t seen much game action.

Boomhower has veteran value for this team. If he can prove solid at shot blocking and P.K. as well as leadership, his hassle and determination is a solid example, he can provide some stability this team may need. The issue is the tradeoff. For him to provide that value, he’d need to play a top 9 role and I am unsure where that spot would be. That said, guys are always injured throughout the year so even if he started beside Tolnai on the 4th line he’d get opportunity throughout the year for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad