Ottawa 67's 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
A bit of a weird game. Ottawa did not play well for first half of game (in fairness the dogs were making life tough). Then the wheels fell off and boom. Such a deep team. Just before the last goal I was telling my buddy that our top line has done zilch and we're up 7-1...nuf said!

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
On another note Andree made a few spectacular saves. We can rest easy in goal for the next two years.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
OMG after 1 month of Maksimovich what's your take versus having acquired Saigeon, Hancock. I know you were not against acquiring him but were favoring others. I just felt (as you know I was pleading his case pre deadline) his style, skating and character would be a great fit. Bragging a bit I think I was right.

Reactions: BarberPole9

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
One final post (got to catch up after 2 weeks in Mexico). While I was away they went 8-1 with 17/18 pts and the Pats won the super bowl:banana::devdance::dm:. What a great vacation! I will submit that as they play great while I'm away that members of this board should subsidize me to return down south. I will accept the sacrifice. Will post a link for donations shortly;).

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
OMG after 1 month of Maksimovich what's your take versus having acquired Saigeon, Hancock. I know you were not against acquiring him but were favoring others. I just felt (as you know I was pleading his case pre deadline) his style, skating and character would be a great fit. Bragging a bit I think I was right.

HE has elevated Hoelscher’s game. My main issue was I felt Hoelscher wasn’t committing enough offensively and we needed a Centre, preferably one with size (Saigon). I never felt Hancock was a fit here.

Then I wanted the D-Man (preferably Durzi). As much as Durzi would have been a great add, Belanger has elevated his game. He doesn’t play much but when he does, he performs.

In the end, the additions of Chiodo and Maks has stretched the lineup significantly. Maks, in particular, has added a pesky element that can play well in the playoffs too.

You’ll also notice the 1st line getting more attention and it’s opened up the ice for Chmelevski. It is a really tough team to defend and more importantly, you’ll also notice we aren’t running up the shots either. we are just getting quality opportunities and scoring on them a lot. These aren’t 50 shot 8 goal games. They are 26 shot 6 goal games. That isn’t typical of the higher scoring teams.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
One final post (got to catch up after 2 weeks in Mexico). While I was away they went 8-1 with 17/18 pts and the Pats won the super bowl:banana::devdance::dm:. What a great vacation! I will submit that as they play great while I'm away that members of this board should subsidize me to return down south. I will accept the sacrifice. Will post a link for donations shortly;).

The rest of the schedule (12 games) is runnable as is. I’m not saying they are going to win out but Their stiffest competition is Oshawa. Much of the rest is below .500 or hovering around .500.

Reactions: BarberPole9

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
1ST 6:49 #9 Austen Keating (19) scores. Assists: #23 Marco Rossi, #29 Tye Felhaber

1ST 9:29 #2 Noel Hoefenmayer (15) scores. Assists: #23 Marco Rossi, #9 Austen Keating

1ST 9:52 #19 Kyle Maksimovich (35) scores. Assists: #92 Graeme Clarke, #17 Mitchell Hoelscher

3RD 3:25
#9 Austen Keating (20) scores. Assists: #88 Kevin Bahl, #18 Hudson Wilson Game Winning
3RD 12:55 #26 Alec Belanger (3) scores. Assists: #10 Cameron Tolnai
3RD 19:21 #29 Tye Felhaber (54) scores. Assists: #9 Austen Keating, #28 Nikita Okhotyuk Empty Net

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
I know with the team we have that I shouldn't be talking about next year but Meireless would look great as our third OA with Keats and Wilson. Finish his career in his hometown would be sweet. Hopefully he decides to attend Carleton or U of O!

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
I know with the team we have that I shouldn't be talking about next year but Meireless would look great as our third OA with Keats and Wilson. Finish his career in his hometown would be sweet. Hopefully he decides to attend Carleton or U of O!
As a Ranger fan, I know the talk is that he'll be back as an OA. I suspect that could be wishful thinking. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a pro contract and doesn't come back to the O.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
OMG said You’ll also notice the 1st line getting more attention and it’s opened up the ice for Chmelevski. sure did he scored 5 goals today in a 6-3 win

1ST 9:02 #8 Sasha Chmelevski (25) scores.
2ND 6:01 #8 Sasha Chmelevski (26) scores.
2ND 10:11 #8 Sasha Chmelevski (27) scores. Assists: #13 Sam Bitten, #88 Kevin Bahl
2ND 11:21 #29 Tye Felhaber (55) scores. Game Winning
2ND 11:54 #8 Sasha Chmelevski (28) scores. Assists: #20 Lucas Chiodo, #13 Sam Bitten

2ND 18:45 #8 Sasha Chmelevski (29) scores. Assists: #13 Sam Bitten, #20 Lucas Chiodo

Reactions: HashingMARK

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
OMG said You’ll also notice the 1st line getting more attention and it’s opened up the ice for Chmelevski. sure did he scored 5 goals today in a 6-3 win

1ST 9:02 #8 Sasha Chmelevski (25) scores.
2ND 6:01 #8 Sasha Chmelevski (26) scores.
2ND 10:11 #8 Sasha Chmelevski (27) scores. Assists: #13 Sam Bitten, #88 Kevin Bahl
2ND 11:21 #29 Tye Felhaber (55) scores. Game Winning
2ND 11:54 #8 Sasha Chmelevski (28) scores. Assists: #20 Lucas Chiodo, #13 Sam Bitten

2ND 18:45 #8 Sasha Chmelevski (29) scores. Assists: #13 Sam Bitten, #20 Lucas Chiodo

Plus one on Wednesday and two on Friday....

Sasha is on a hot streak shooting up the scoring leaders chart.

This is going to be a tough team to beat if they keep this up. Even when they play poorly they are winning.

Reactions: Drop the Puck

Bob Barker

Jun 2, 2008
Yeah he's been on another level since coming back from the WJC. Gives the 67s a big time 1-2 punch.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Actually, I think that Ottawa has 4 lines that hey can roll at you and give you a headache. Let's face it most teams have a 4th line that is learning and can give you minimal ice time. Tolnai and company can go out and score and play with most 3rd or second lines and if you are busy trying to stop the other 3 will hurt you.

This is a team that is going to be something that we have not seen in Ottawa in a long time. A team that has a balanced attack 2 1st team all-star goalies and a probably 3 all-star defence. They have all but sewn up first so they are going to be rested and ready.

Niagara Oshawa and Sudbury find themselves in a dog fight for 2,3,4 in the conference and it will probably come down to the last weekend. That means that the top goalies will be playing every game. top players are going to be getting max ice time this isn't how you want to go into the playoffs. There is no chance for injuries to heal

Reactions: three dog night

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
Another great game yesterday. Big shout out to Merrick Rippon who not only beat Brandon Coe in one fight, but two in the same sequence. Sasha looked like the WJC version of himself yesterday- he seems to be a really good fit with Chiodo.

From Elliotte Friedman's 31 thoughts:

19. Someone is going to ask San Jose about Sasha Chmelevski, who scored five goals on Monday for OHL Ottawa in a 6–3 win over North Bay. The Sharks are going to say no. Chmelevski fell to the sixth round in the 2018 draft, and teams are already regretting it.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
I may not be going out on a limb but all things considered the 7’s are definitely my pick for the East, and likely the league at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad