Ottawa 67's 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
OMG is correct the worst thing about being in the OHL is to be the away team on a 3 and 3 weekend. The team does not stay in 5 star hotels or eat at great restaurants. You are on the road. the beds are not great the food is usually good but again it is restaurant food. You have no escape from the games that you played and your schedule is determined by the bus driver coach and the weather.
I am not sure how they do it now but the one advantage that players had with Killer was that he and his scouts had been around long enough to have connections to find and book places where the team could get a good meal that was healthy.

There is ot chance to soak in a hot tub or get treatment for any aches and pains. Also, the one thing that makes being the home team on a 3 in 3 so great is your enemy. lack of sleep and comfort bus rides like that can be crap. YOur equipment is cold when you start to put it on you are wearing the same game day underwear that you did for 3 games in a row without it getting washed.

The old adage that still stands is 3 points on a 3 in 3 is a victory for the team. Anything better is gravy.

Tourigny is not going to take any chances with players he is going to watch and listen to the trainers if a player has an ache at this point they re going to rest and sit out. I would suggest that that will also include Andree with Mike gone and no firm return date they are not going to take a chance on him getting too tired or injured.

I would rather lose 5 games playing the back up than go into the playoffs with a tired sore goalie.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Looks like Dipietro could possibly getting the start tonight for Vancouver

I’d be surprised. They play Anaheim on Wednesday and LA on Thursday, on the road. If he gets a start, it would seem more likely to be Thursday against a weak team.

Dexter

Feb 10, 2019
I’d be surprised. They play Anaheim on Wednesday and LA on Thursday, on the road. If he gets a start, it would seem more likely to be Thursday against a weak team.
He led team out for warmups tonight

Confirmed he is starting

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
OMG is correct the worst thing about being in the OHL is to be the away team on a 3 and 3 weekend. The team does not stay in 5 star hotels or eat at great restaurants. You are on the road. the beds are not great the food is usually good but again it is restaurant food. You have no escape from the games that you played and your schedule is determined by the bus driver coach and the weather.
I am not sure how they do it now but the one advantage that players had with Killer was that he and his scouts had been around long enough to have connections to find and book places where the team could get a good meal that was healthy.

There is ot chance to soak in a hot tub or get treatment for any aches and pains. Also, the one thing that makes being the home team on a 3 in 3 so great is your enemy. lack of sleep and comfort bus rides like that can be crap. YOur equipment is cold when you start to put it on you are wearing the same game day underwear that you did for 3 games in a row without it getting washed.

The old adage that still stands is 3 points on a 3 in 3 is a victory for the team. Anything better is gravy.

Tourigny is not going to take any chances with players he is going to watch and listen to the trainers if a player has an ache at this point they re going to rest and sit out. I would suggest that that will also include Andree with Mike gone and no firm return date they are not going to take a chance on him getting too tired or injured.

I would rather lose 5 games playing the back up than go into the playoffs with a tired sore goalie.

Things may have been different years ago, but teams today stay in very nice hotels with hot tubs and catered meals. The road trips are still tough, but players have every luxury at their fingertips.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Dipietro allowed 3 goals in the first 8:48 of the first period against San Jose, 3-1 after 1

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
Canucks and dipietro fan I hope this game doesn’t shake up his confidence. He’s not ready to be in the nhl and especially not ready for a hot sharks team but kids doing his best considering he’s not getting much help

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

DetSpitsFan

Nov 20, 2016
It's almost if he's back playing with Windsors D, he should feel right at home...
Hope he pulls it together for the third, definitely looks more nervous than I've seen him and rightfully so. Hope he gets another chance to prove himself before coming back down

Reactions: Ptbomillsy619

INTENTIONALLYOFFSIDE

Feb 20, 2017
Heck I thought the OHL was bad at handling goalies; Vancouver management are idiots for trying to copy the success of Philadelphia. Hockey is such a mindless copycat sport.
Shouldn't matter for 67's, you guys have Andre to hold down the fort till he gets his confidence back.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
I know Cedrick Andree is perfectly capable, but I was selfishly hoping Dipietro would have had a wicked game last night to increase the chances he stays with Vancouver. I know it was always unlikely but it was a fun dream while it lasted.

Hopefully we get to be the team to play (and probably lose to) y'all in the conference final, and ideally we can pull a Kitchener vs SSM last year in the process and give you all a few heart attacks. :D

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I know Cedrick Andree is perfectly capable, but I was selfishly hoping Dipietro would have had a wicked game last night to increase the chances he stays with Vancouver. I know it was always unlikely but it was a fun dream while it lasted.

Hopefully we get to be the team to play (and probably lose to) y'all in the conference final, and ideally we can pull a Kitchener vs SSM last year in the process and give you all a few heart attacks. :D

With UPL in net, anything can happen. I have zero interest in playing Sudbury. They are the team I fear most because if we play the wolves, it means they knocked off Niagara. If they do, it’s because of UPL and he will bring that same show to the Conference Finals.

Reactions: WaW

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
DiPietro has now played for 4 teams this year - not hard to see him losing some focus when he comes back. Great kid and tough kid so I'm hoping he gets back in the grove quickly when he returns.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
DiPietro has now played for 4 teams this year - not hard to see him losing some focus when he comes back. Great kid and tough kid so I'm hoping he gets back in the grove quickly when he returns.

Relatively easy schedule lies ahead. So, I doubt it will be an issue.

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
Another really impressive game from Alec Belanger, who was a disallowed goal from a Gordie Howe hat trick.

Two minutes into the game, the 16 year old Belanger absolutely fed his Kingston opponent in a fight that caught me by surprise. He set up the first goal and nearly set up a couple more.

I wouldn’t mind seeing the lines get moved around a bit, as our top line has been in a mini funk (it feels good to be spoiled!!)

Reactions: WKBCFAN

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Another really impressive game from Alec Belanger, who was a disallowed goal from a Gordie Howe hat trick.

Two minutes into the game, the 16 year old Belanger absolutely fed his Kingston opponent in a fight that caught me by surprise. He set up the first goal and nearly set up a couple more.

I wouldn’t mind seeing the lines get moved around a bit, as our top line has been in a mini funk (it feels good to be spoiled!!)

Yes, Belanger looks like a keeper.

Reactions: WKBCFAN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad