Claimed off Waivers: [OTT] Victor Mete claimed off waivers by the Senators from the Canadiens

HHHJM

Jun 29, 2018
Hasn't been months though.. Mete was always proclaimed as some sort of saviour with higher expectations than he could loft.

The organization mishandled him and now watch Ottawa turn his game around with Chabot as his mentor.

I was quoting you... ''A few months ago'' lol

Gainesvillain

Apr 9, 2013
Hasn't been months though.. Mete was always proclaimed as some sort of saviour with higher expectations than he could loft.

The organization mishandled him and now watch Ottawa turn his game around with Chabot as his mentor.
No.

Nobody ever claimed Mete as any sort of saviour. He was a relatively low draft pick who outperformed expectations so fans were happy with him for a while...but he puts up no points, and is physically weak - constantly outmuscled in the D zone.

There's really no "turning his game around". Mete is what he is, which is a marginal NHL defenceman.

Amazing skater, though. Possibly even an upgrade on Mike Reilly.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Go move Ottawa. I mean that as a hockey decision. Also love the fact Habs fans watch another highly drafted young defender leave their organization for nothing.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
Which Habs fans?
seriously. your GM said it. do I need to go through all threads to pinpoint exactly who? suffice to say in your GMs mind he went from untouchable to waiver in 3 years. quick check also shows a Domi plus Mete for Nurse, Puljarvi and a 1st. yup seems fair.

Reactions: xVolchenkov

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Mete is serviceable....for a bottom dweller. Nobody is going to pick him up to go to playoff war.....were his size is a huge benefit, for the wrong team.

Couldn't care less for his "loss". He got replaced with table scraps in trade for better defenseman.

Enjoy him....

DaPhazz

Jun 30, 2016
Ha, jokes on you!

He -actually- makes the Senators -stronger-!

giphy.gif

I bet you didn't see that coming.

Yes, and I know what that says about the Senators defence.

Damn! Sorry to hear that, that's deep

DaPhazz

Jun 30, 2016
Ha, jokes on you!

He -actually- makes the Senators -stronger-!

giphy.gif

I bet you didn't see that coming.

Yes, and I know what that says about the Senators defence.

Damn! Sorry to hear that, that's deep

habamillions

Jul 9, 2009
Ottawa
Happy for mete. He will get a chamce to play. But he is not an nhl'er. Way to small. Doesnt hit. Shot is terrible for am "offensive" d man. Skating is elite though

Reactions: Jeune Poulet

Jul 6, 2016
Go move Ottawa. I mean that as a hockey decision. Also love the fact Habs fans watch another highly drafted young defender leave their organization for nothing.

4th rounder. Not that high. And the guy cannot play D. Or shoot a puck. LOL !

Jul 6, 2016
I'm guessing it's the kind of thing to say to the media when you don't much better to replace him. But now they traded for two left wing Ds.

Merrill can play RD. Romanov can play RD. Edmundson can also play RD.

Reactions: Kimota

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad