Confirmed Trade: [OTT/STL] Zach Sanford for Logan Brown and cond. 2022 4th

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Having two teams get rid of you in a two week span speaks volumes. I expect a team with nothing to lose (Buffalo, Anaheim, Arizona) will give him a one month look on the roster

Tap on the Ankle

Jun 9, 2004
Ottawa
Great hands and size but a total floater who doesn't play defense. I thought being a Blues boy himself he might have played with some fire but it reading the assessments from Blues fans on his preseason play it sounds like nothing changed.

He has the tools and the toolbox but no desire to open it up.

Reactions: Altimus

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
How does Ottawa lose?

They got a 4th for nothing.
They also needed Sanford's cap hit to hit the floor without Brady signed, and White on IR.

I think people are being too hard on Sanford in this thread. He may have his flaws, but he's also capable of playing PK/PP2 and should pot roughly 15 goals if healthy all year. Surely that's worth a 4th round pick, no? I think he's even capable of 20 goals if he puts it all together.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I think people are being too hard on Sanford in this thread. He may have his flaws, but he's also capable of playing PK/PP2 and should pot roughly 15 goals if healthy all year. Surely that's worth a 4th round pick, no? I think he's even capable of 20 goals if he puts it all together.
NO! He's played 3 preseason games for us, and by the end of shift one we already knew for certain that he's useless.

^ this is the thought process of many fans.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
The Blues knew Brown was likely going to get waived. This shouldn't be a surprise for anyone. If Brown came in and blew them away in the pre-season, that would have been gravy for the Blues.

The win for the Blues was moving the salary and getting the pick.

For the Sens, they can potentially build up Sanford's value a bit and move him at the deadline. This is a good move for all involved, regardless of Brown being on waivers.

Got One Cup

Jun 3, 2008
The Blues knew Brown was likely going to get waived. This shouldn't be a surprise for anyone. If Brown came in and blew them away in the pre-season, that would have been gravy for the Blues.

The win for the Blues was moving the salary and getting the pick.

For the Sens, they can potentially build up Sanford's value a bit and move him at the deadline. This is a good move for all involved, regardless of Brown being on waivers.
Bingo. HF has to have a clear winner of every trade for some reason. This was just a trade to help both teams become cap compliant.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad