Confirmed with Link: [OTT/STL] Sens acquire Ben Bishop for 2nd 2013, signed to 1yr ext

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legend Killer

Nov 15, 2007
Take that Lehner, as I was saying earlier in the season I thnk he became a question mark when he flipped in the AHL on the referee this season and has had a poor season.

Good pick-up by us and I hope he does well, but this is a huge F** U to Lehner.

Not really... Lehner is still 20 years old and even though he won Calder Cup MVP he was beat out for the #1 job by Brust last year and hasnt even been the #1 in Bingo this year... He has ALOT left to prove in the AHL before he should take signing a backup goalie for 1 year and a "Huge ******* U"...

Lehner may think he is ready but by all the comments by MacLean this year I dont think he had faith in him... He needs to understand that unless its an emergency basis he isnt an NHL goalie...

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
DONE DEAL!!!

EzGp3.gif

2nd rounder will be MORE than worth it.

I think I've pumped Bishop's tires more than anyone here, and I'll take the slack over it if he doesn't pan out, but I really, really think there's a very small chance of that happening.

HE'S A STUD.

Loving life today. I'm in an EFFIN GREAT MOOD.

Last edited by a moderator:

mat_sens

@mat_sens #lalala
Jan 22, 2007
Ottawa
Whoa...a 2nd?! Ouch

Well when you think about it, Murray would of probably spent a 3rd on a goalie in this year`s draft not even knowing if the guy will ever play in the NHL.

For a 2nd round pick, Sens get a goalie that we know is NHL ready.

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site
Happy with this move. Goaltending depth was an organizational weakness. Murray addresses it.

Keep in mind that Lehner was also a 2nd round pick. Seems like fair value for both teams.

The future looks bright in Ottawa.

Lehner was a 2nd rounder when he was 18yo and Ottawa thought that he could become a starter.

Bishop is 25yo and has played 13 games. At this point, you hope he can become a solid back-up.

Big difference there.

Take that Lehner, as I was saying earlier in the season I thnk he became a question mark when he flipped in the AHL on the referee this season and has had a poor season.

Good pick-up by us and I hope he does well, but this is a huge F** U to Lehner.

I'm pretty sure it's just to create more competition in the organization for next year and fill a temporary hole. Not an immature move to flip off Lehner.

makbeer

Sep 28, 2006
Leafs fan coming to congratulate you guys on a really good deal. My heart sank when I saw Bishop to the Sens. With our goalie situation we really could have used him. Now we are going to have to watch him stone us for years to come. Blargh!

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
It's neither great nor bad. An attempt to add depth and hopefully Bishop amounts to something. He's 25 but goaltenders usually become NHL back ups/starters in their mid 20s.

Hopefully it pans out, if not - it's a 2nd - even if it's an 'almost first' second... the chances of the pick (or prospect Murray wants) amounting to something fairly big (top 6 forward, top 4 defenseman) aren't great.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Lehner was a 2nd rounder when he was 18yo and Ottawa thought that he could become a starter.

Bishop is 25yo and has played 13 games. At this point, you hope he can become a solid back-up.

Big difference there.

I think Bishop has enough upside that if he plays up to his potential, he can unseat Anderson before Andy's deal is over.

That's not the MOST likely scenario, but I think that's your upside: a Lehner-Bishop tandem.

Just my opinion, though. Obviously, we'll need time to assess any claims.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Leafs fan coming to congratulate you guys on a really good deal. My heart sank when I saw Bishop to the Sens. With our goalie situation we really could have used him. Now we are going to have to watch him stone us for years to come. Blargh!

Thanks for not trolling!

Refeshing... in return for your being a gentleman, I will rescind my prior wish-upon-a-star for you guys to re-acquire Andrew Raycroft to "fix" your goaltending problems, haha.

DeVoice

Jan 26, 2012
Sarnia
Good pickup...solid with potential.
Cond. 2nd rounder who care in a draft that falls off after the first round.

also kind of says what deadline prices will be this season.
Move Auld for a early 3rd Brian...dooo it!:nod:

BigEyedPhish

Aug 23, 2006
:D
I like how Murray has moved on from trading for rental playoff players to players who actually have the potential to help the team beyond just the next couple months.

Good move by Murray.

MatthewT

Mar 29, 2008
Solid solid trade, some nice competition within the organization now in goal

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
also kind of says what deadline prices will be this season.
Move Auld for a early 3rd Brian...dooo it!:nod:

Doubt it.

I'm pretty sure it was mutually agreed by both the league and the Players Association and written into the current CBA that Mike Milbury will never be allowed to hold the position of NHL GM ever again... :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad