Confirmed with Link: [OTT/STL] Sens acquire Ben Bishop for 2nd 2013, signed to 1yr ext

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Brian's also a good example of a rushed keeper...

Why can't we just be patient with Lehner... Why rush him? Sure he's "NHL ready" by beating NYI, but still... Let him rip the crap out of the AHL (Like a certain Ben Bishop) and groom him like Bernier/Schneider 2.0...

You're talking about Brian Elliott?

Elliott wasn't rushed at all... He was 24 y/o when he started playing in the NHL (We waived Gerber and traded for Leclaire who was still injured). We also had Auld but Elliott played many games to see where he was at while the season was already "over" (in terms of playoffs chances).

Elliott also had 82 AHL games under his belt (it's 2 full seasons as a goalie) after his college career.

He wasn't supposed to be the Sens starter for a few years too, he just became the N.1 because Leclaire kept getting injured...

That being said, very different situation with Lehner, just drafted 2.5 years ago, 20 y/o... No need to rush him at all.

I didn't realize PMD was a weakness in our team.

How about defense? How has that been addressed?

Our goals against stats are very respectable, outside of those first 6 games of the season. Around the league average (~2.70). It's good when you have the 6th best offense in the league.

PMD wasn't a weakness but they wanted to add offense on the 3rd pairing and make that pairing fit the Sens style a little more.

But that being said, it's a work in progress. We are only in the 1st rebuild year. People quickly forget about that. We couldn't ask for a better situation.

My friend thinks a 2nd was overpayment for Bishop and that Lehner is ready NOW. I don't think so, it was a good trade and Bishop will be a great backup.

That's because your friend's hockey business' understanding is pretty limited. I wouldn't be surprised if the Sens get eventually more back than their initial investment on Bishop.

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
You're talking about Brian Elliott?

Elliott wasn't rushed at all... He was 24 y/o when he started playing in the NHL (We waived Gerber and traded for Leclaire who was still injured). We also had Auld but Elliott played many games to see where he was at while the season was already "over" (in terms of playoffs chances).

Elliott also had 82 AHL games under his belt (it's 2 full seasons as a goalie) after his college career.

He wasn't supposed to be the Sens starter for a few years too, he just became the N.1 because Leclaire kept getting injured...

The bolded bit is more what I was referring to with Elliott...

It's nice to see Elliott doing well over in St Louis now though, damn if only he was that good here!

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
Bump

Murray turned a 2013 2nd round pick (5 years away from being in the NHL) into a young (24 in Dec) top 6 forward* and a 4th round pick?

That's pretty good. :handclap:

* If trends continue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->