Confirmed with Link: [OTT/STL] Sens acquire Ben Bishop for 2nd 2013, signed to 1yr ext

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC
A 2nd? Really?

I suppose we at least have our backup for next year, was hoping that would be Lehner, but give him another shot at having a decent regular season first I guess. Going to have to ice an actual team next year in Bingo in front of him for results though.

TheSpaceCoyote

Sens fan in NL
Mar 5, 2011
Rand McNally
tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg

I was hoping Murray wouldn't bring in another goalie and just let Lehner/Auld take care of business but I'm pretty happy with this.

PKC*

We got a signed, young, NHL-ready back up for a second round pick. That's a pretty good deal. Considering most wouldn't trade Robin Lehner for anything less than a first round pick, just for some perspective.

We Want the Cup 2010

Jun 16, 2009
Happy with this move. Goaltending depth was an organizational weakness. Murray addresses it.

Keep in mind that Lehner was also a 2nd round pick. Seems like fair value for both teams.

The future looks bright in Ottawa.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Take that Lehner, as I was saying earlier in the season I thnk he became a question mark when he flipped in the AHL on the referee this season and has had a poor season.

Good pick-up by us and I hope he does well, but this is a huge F** U to Lehner.

wjhl2009fan

Nov 13, 2008
Take that Lehner, as I was saying earlier in the season I thnk he became a question mark when he flipped in the AHL on the referee this season and has had a poor season.

This is really not anything towards Lehner this more or less tells Auld pack your bags your going on waivers.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
This is really not anything towards Lehner this more or less tells Auld pack your bags your going on waivers.

Don't think Ottawa keeps Lehner around much longer, they always talk about Locker Room Chemistry and I don't think Lehner fits that over Auld - the guys like Auld and I think he stays, Lehner goes back to Bingo and Bishop becomes our #1.

mat_sens

@mat_sens #lalala
Jan 22, 2007
Ottawa
If anything this will force Lehner to play even better hockey. Now he'll have to work harder to earn a spot on the team.

Uncle Eugene

Buckle Up.
Mar 19, 2010
Barbados

:help:

No, it's a GTFO Alex Auld.

Nairbo

Nov 15, 2010
Don't think Ottawa keeps Lehner around much longer, they always talk about Locker Room Chemistry and I don't think Lehner fits that over Auld - the guys like Auld and I think he stays, Lehner goes back to Bingo and Bishop becomes our #1.

After the way Anderson has been playing, I don't see Bishop immediately taking over as #1 for long.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
This is awesome as long as we didn't give up our first round pick.

How old is Bishop?

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
Same as McLean as probably a big say in the Turris trade. I am sure Wamsley had some comments regarding Bishop.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

Pretty clearly means as soon as Andy is back, or maybe sooner, Auld's hittin the wire.

wjhl2009fan

Nov 13, 2008

Its fine to like a guy but you should not keep him around for that reason Auld will be around untill Anderson gets back after that its waiver time.

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
I like it. Goalie depth was thin. Auld wasn't going to cut it, and Lehner is still a question mark. Shows that the team is committed to giving the guys the best chance to win, addressing a pressing need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille