Confirmed Trade: [OTT/NSH] Austin Watson for 2021 4th round pick

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
If he is guilty then he will get what is coming to him,for now he is just a bottom 6 winger that may prove useful

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Why Sens. Why add this human filth to a likeable roster?

Keep defending that scum.

Please stop. This may not change your stance but perhaps it might inform others:

Predators: Austin Watson girlfriend on arrest, mental health, addiction

"I think a lot of people were expecting us to part ways and not know what to do."
Guardino said in October 2018 that Watson did not commit domestic violenceagainst her.
"Austin Watson has never and would never hit or abuse me," Guardino said then. "My behavior and state of intoxication led to the police being involved that day."

Reactions: missingchicklet

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Please stop. This may not change your stance but perhaps it might inform others:

Predators: Austin Watson girlfriend on arrest, mental health, addiction

"I think a lot of people were expecting us to part ways and not know what to do."
Guardino said in October 2018 that Watson did not commit domestic violenceagainst her.
"Austin Watson has never and would never hit or abuse me," Guardino said then. "My behavior and state of intoxication led to the police being involved that day."

Facts are the enemy. No one likes facts.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Watson, Gudbranson, Brown. I guess they are just planning on fighting this year.
I get that they want to protect their young talent, but their choices do seem a little weird. Seems like they could benefit a little by dipping into the free agent pool to land a little more offensive production. They are still paying money to the players they've acquired by trading draft picks, so why not scoop similar or better talent level from the free agent pool without giving up picks.

I guess time will tell if this strategy works out, and maybe there is more behind the scenes we don't know, but the moves do seem a little odd on the surface.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Ottawa is lowkey having maybe the best offseason of any team so far

LMAO try telling the HFSens board that. I think their getting ready to stage a protest and demand to the NHL that we get all of those late round picks back.... If one more pick gets traded away, there might be a total meltdown over there.

MA Fluery could have come with a pick, and Free agents can be signed for free. GODDAMNIT!!!!! Classic Dorion.... Doesnt he realize that all of the FAs are lining up to play in Ottawa?

Fwiw, I completely agree with you. I like every single move that hes made so far, including walking away from Duclair and his agent (also named Anthony Duclair) when things got stupid.

And their roster is unquestionably better going into next season (assuming some of those good kids carry over their momentum from the B-Sens last season). Even without Duclair. Boroweicki, and Hainsey being there...Gone, but not forgotten (by HfSens anyways)....

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnny Hanson

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
I get that they want to protect their young talent, but their choices do seem a little weird. Seems like they could benefit a little by dipping into the free agent pool to land a little more offensive production. They are still paying money to the players they've acquired by trading draft picks, so why not scoop similar or better talent level from the free agent pool without giving up picks.

I guess time will tell if this strategy works out, and maybe there is more behind the scenes we don't know, but the moves do seem a little odd on the surface.

All 3 were brought in via trades.

Its easy to say sure bring in a UFA, but my guess is that no UFA wants to sign in Ottawa. We are left with only the trade market.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019

Its easy to say sure bring in a UFA, but my guess is that no UFA wants to sign in Ottawa. We are left with only the trade market.

I can see some reluctance perhaps from some. But, as time passes, free agents will start to become more and more concerned that they land somewhere, and that they have a contract versus no contract. A player could get a short term contract, get extra ice time to increase his value, and then still get another contract on a preferred team in a year or two. IIRC, Tyler Ennis did this as an example.

Having said that, I can't pretend to know what is inside the head of every free agent, so your point is worth considering for sure.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006

Well, high end guys don’t want to sign in Ottawa, but guys like Hainsey and Ennis will since there likely isn’t a ton of interest in those guys from other teams. I think Ottawa could have found guys similar to Brown, Gudbranson and Watson on the free agent market.

BurgoShark

Jul 1, 2004
Gold Coast
Well, high end guys don’t want to sign in Ottawa, but guys like Hainsey and Ennis will since there likely isn’t a ton of interest in those guys from other teams. I think Ottawa could have found guys similar to Brown, Gudbranson and Watson on the free agent market.

They could find guys like that, but they’ll end up overpaying. Last year they gave Hainsey $3.5m for one year. If you are happy to be overpaying every FA by $500k-$1m it’s the same result as just paying Brown and Watson to sit in the press box once a younger guy takes their spots.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad