Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
0184c2c1cd2d804be60bdb399edc1ced.png

What are you up to, Poile???

braindead

Jul 14, 2005
The cookie spoke
Guy is a POS off the ice
I don’t think this is true. He and his spouse/girlfriend both had substance abuse issues. I think he has tried to own them. Not excusing his problems or his incident with her, which should not be excused but has been detailed and seems more nuanced than “he is a POS”.

Reactions: PredsV82

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I don’t think this is true. He and his spouse/girlfriend both had substance abuse issues. I think he has tried to own them. Not excusing his problems or his incident with her, which should not be excused but has been detailed and seems more nuanced than “he is a POS”.

As I said before, black and white. Shades of grey don’t exist.

Reactions: bert and Sam Steel

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Dorion actually just thinks he's in a fantasy league where he gets points for PIMs. Doesn't know he's a real GM.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Watson is a very good 4th line player. He's not just an interchangeable fringe player who has no role, like many teams employ on their 4th lines. He can regularly chip in 10+ goals, and he has been an effective penalty killer for us in past years. He's a very good, very physical presence on the 4th line. He'll fight, but he's not good at it. His real value is in terms of finishing every check, making opposing defenders "hear footsteps" when he's on the ice.

He was the leading hitter for the Preds for the past 4 years. And the Preds are a very soft team that really needs a physical presence. So this will hurt the Preds badly IMHO. It's an easy win for the Sens and mindless trade for the Preds. Unless they are going to sign Matt Martin or some other heavy hitter to replace him.

Last season the Preds faced chaos on so many fronts it's hard to count. Watson was also not effective. He got caught behind the play, he lost that crucial second or two which separate his hitting from being effective into just making him fall behind. He lost the effectiveness on the forecheck. There was no physical reason for this, but almost every player on the Preds faced some sort of personal effectiveness crisis like this, so I don't think it's entirely fair to single out Watson for his own issues.

He had a bad year. Granted. But he'll bounce back and be a very useful component for the Sens IMHO.

cynicalcitizen

Feb 6, 2014
You are
Very reasonable contract, 3 year control with low AAV, good defensive player, don't see how that is negative value. Will also bag you 10 goals a season if he plays 82. Of course he warrants some value in return.
You are in for a surprise.

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
Yes, there may be other things involved, but no man should ever strike a woman

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
Do you know where you’re posting?

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Watching Sens games my dude. He’s a third liner my man.

No disagreements from me on that being where he was slotted but on the team he played the role of a first line player. 3rd liners don't play 20 minutes a night.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
I’ve always liked his game - big, physical, good motor, decent defensively, and although he’s never produced much he has a decent skill set. He could be a 3rd liner IMO, or a top notch 4th liner. His contract is pretty good too.

How did Barclay Goodrow get a 1st, but Watson only gets a 4th? Seems like a steal to me, wish the Leafs has made this deal.

Last edited:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Why do people think he's good defensively? Because he's big and he plays on the 4th line? He is not good defensively and he's not a good skater. If he was good defensively Nashville wouldn't have signed Nick Cousins (who actually is good defensively) and traded Watson.

He does have a pretty good shot, he's big and physical. He will block shots, he will stand-up/fight ( but not very well) for teammates. Those are his positive attributes. His defensive abilities (lack thereof in his case) are not a positive
How many times are you going to post the same thing?

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad