Confirmed Signing with Link: [OTT] Mark Stone signs 1 year contract (1yr $7.35M)

Sensin5

Jan 27, 2013
I'm sure if he had more than 1 season with more than 25 points he would have gotten more money, and I'm sure if he has a repeat of last season he will be signing an 8x8 deal next summer.

Nice context.

Lol. Don't expect anything approaching objective analysis. Every Sens move = bad, every Laffs move = historically magnificent. W Karlsson had a fantastic season. One. Good for him. If his side thought he was objectively worth a lot more they would have waited and received what poster apparently truly believes would have been a certain award of maybe $8mm. And so what he is really saying is that the player and his agent are incredibly stupid. They lack his incredible insight into the world of professional hockey.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Nah.

He's never scored 43 goals and gotten 78 points in a season, in his career. Any GM out there would take Karlsson over Stone. In a heartbeat.

Stone has been one of the better Rw's in the league for years, that carries weight in contract talks.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Wow, terrible for the Sens. If a star has just one RFA year left, you DO NOT sign him to a 1 year deal. There’s now a very legit chance they lose all of Stone, Karlsson and Duchene in a single year. AND they don’t even have their 1st round pick. This has to be the bleakest things have looked for the Sens in a very long time. If it looks like they’re gonna lose any/all of Stone/Karlsson/Duchene as UFAs, they better deal them at the deadline, losing any of them for nothing would be brutal.

Great for Stone though. He’s going to get PAID next summer, and can play wherever he wants. Didn’t even have to take much of a salary cut this year to make it happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gordie Howe Army

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
I never put a date on the sale.
Ok my bad sorry. But he have a guys he said it will be annouced at the reunion of the breton. But you you pretty sure Melnyk sold or you just thinking because the silence.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
He don't know ****.

Melnyk is not selling any time soon.

He's running the team like a man trying to hang on, not looking to sell.
Whatever helps you sleep at night champ.

So if Melnyk is just hanging on why hasn't he moved out the expensive contracts for EK, Duchene and Stone?

Sens are well over the cap floor...please explain.

KPower

Jan 17, 2012

So if Melnyk is just hanging on why hasn't he moved out the expensive contracts for EK, Duchene and Stone?

He needs to sell tickets, no?

How much over the floor once he ships out EK and Ryan?

If he was planning on selling the team he would be trying very hard to extend his stars to make the team more attractive to potential buyers.

Instead he's nickel and diming every player just like he always has.

Melnyk has no intention of selling.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
He needs to sell tickets, no?

How much over the floor once he ships out EK and Ryan?
Hmmm...seems to me both are still on the team.

If he was planning on selling the team he would be trying very hard to extend his stars to make the team more attractive to potential buyers.

Instead he's nickel and diming every player just like he always has.

Melnyk has no intention of selling.

Nope, the players have to be willing to sign and won't do so until the sale is final.

Works better for the new ownership as they get to be the heroes who bring back all the fan favorites.

Melnyk is selling and I'm going to have a marvelous time typing out "I told you so".

KPower

Jan 17, 2012

Nope, the players have to be willing to sign and won't do so until the sale is final.

Works better for the new ownership as they get to be the heroes who bring back all the fan favorites.

Melnyk is selling and I'm going to have a marvelous time typing out "I told you so".
Hope you're right.

Duncstar

Sep 1, 2017
Ottawa

Bud just stop. First to go is Karlsson to save 6.5. I've seen theories that we trade Karlsson as a rental then when we get new ownership he resigns here.

I'd say we are 2-3 years away from new ownership. By then Lebreton has started and the rebuild of the Sens is about 1/2 way through.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Bud just stop. First to go is Karlsson to save 6.5. I've seen theories that we trade Karlsson as a rental then when we get new ownership he resigns here.

I'd say we are 2-3 years away from new ownership. By then Lebreton has started and the rebuild of the Sens is about 1/2 way through.

The sale will be done before EK hits UFA status.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I'm sure if he had more than 1 season with more than 25 points he would have gotten more money, and I'm sure if he has a repeat of last season he will be signing an 8x8 deal next summer.

Nice context.

Don't waste your time on this poster.

He legitimately has no clue of what's going on around the league and the large portion of knowledgeable Leafs fan posters on here don't even take him seriously. You could just go through his posting history it's honestly baffling how much time someone can spend posting on Hfboards and watching hockey games and in the end still not know much about the game.

Besides, I feel like he's mostly just running around trying to get a reaction by posting legit non-sense.

Reactions: Michel Beauchamp

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Well they shouldnt be trading 25/26 year old stars if you are rebuilding or not. Thats the issue I have, sure rebuild if you dont/cant pay Kalrsson but you keep the elite players that have 6 + good years left.
I mean, the point of a rebuild is to get good young players. Players like Karlsson, Ceci and Stone. Trading them to get younger doesn't really make much sense from a hockey point of view. the only justification is salary related. At that point you've already developed young stars, they are STILL young and not old at all. Trading them just shows a lack of commitment to winning by ownership/management.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004

If they felt the sale was close or even existant, they would sign long term. Why risk injury and guarantee life time money if they were just gonna resign long term anyways?

They know more than us, and it appears they have no confidence in a sale.

neXis

Jan 3, 2016

Duncstar

Sep 1, 2017
Ottawa
The sale will be done before EK hits UFA status.
Man you go on and on about this sale and shit. Ive been hearing this rumor since the 100 classic. Instead of getting peoples hopes up, base your opinion on realism.

I bet you a name change Karlsson is traded before we get new ownership.

Deal? I think this is your second bet?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad