Confirmed Signing with Link: [OTT] Mark Stone signs 1 year contract (1yr $7.35M)

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Stone can now be signed to an extension at any time, rather than having to wait until January 1st. Plus arbitration’s are never good for a player-team relationship.

Nevertheless, interested to hear how the very large anti-Sens crowd spins this as a bad move.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Stone can now be signed to an extension at any time, rather than having to wait until January 1st. Plus arbitration’s are never good for a player-team relationship.

Nevertheless, interested to hear how the very large anti-Sens crowd spins this as a bad move.
I thought all one year deals result in extensions not being eligible until July 1st. Jan 1st not July

Last edited:

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
Karlsson, Duchene, and Stone all UFA at the same time without a 2019 1st rounder and without the finances to sign them all. I can’t think of a GM that had a tougher year than what Dorion is about to have. Reminds me Buffalo with Drury, Briere, and Vanek.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
They gave him almost identical money to Ryan. Weird that they chose to have Karlsson, Duchene and Stone all UFAs the same year. Only advantage is they can now trade him

Nighthock

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 25, 2007
Nevada
They should chisel this contract in stone lol haha

giphy.gif

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
He is getting paid massive next season, he probably would have settled with a 1 year deal at essentially nothing. Win-win for Stone as long as it was a 1 yr deal

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
I can't believe the Sens put themselves into a 1yr situation. Do they really want to go through negotiations again in January when they'll have even less leverage? They have also limited his trade value by having him as a pending UFA.

I really don't get it.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

:laugh:

We dont need to spin anything. Just use actual facts instead of making things up. Stone cannot sign a new deal with Ottawa until January 1st.

It doesn't get anymore obvious that Stone wants out then this. He and Karlsson are as good as gone next summer. And what's even more funny is it appears the Sens dont really care as long as they are competitive this year and ensure that the pick they send Colorado isn't in the Bottom 5. Best part about it is even with the core they have now that pick still stands a good chance of being in the Top 5 anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad